“Third visit to Naviti - Standard has dropped”
Review of Naviti Resort

Naviti Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Korolevu
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This was our third stay at the Naviti and the last time being in May of this year.
The standard of this resort has dropped so much is a couple of months.

Mainly in their house keeping. We couldn't get into our rooms until nearly 4 pm after stuff ups. The first day we had towels; hand towels, washers etc. after that only towels, even after asking for them. After that our towels would be collected at around 8 in the morning and then we wouldn't have towels until the rooms were cleaned around 5 or 6 in the evening. We also received no turn down service which is a nice touch to one's holiday.

In saying that the food was great, the Bamboo Terrace and the al'carte restaurant was great and also the service at these restaurants. The nightly buffet standard was good but we favoured the other two restaurants.
Service was slow at the lounge but didn't mind so much about that as we were in a relaxed mood.

Kids loved the kids club, especially Jesse. They loved the nightly dancing and then quiet time watching a movie before bed. I think that they need to get a bigger room for when there are a lot of children. When we were there, they had about fifty to sixty children squashed into one small room and when there are some bigger boys there it can be a bit scary for the smaller children.

Nightly entertainment was good then performers are doing the shows like the meke dancers etc. I think that they need to involve the audience a bit more when the shows are organized by the resort. I remember in 2006 when we visited they had the limbo, dancing for the adults and they also did things like get all the fellows up and they did the YMCA. Just a bit more involvement and everyone that wanted to joined in.

The rooms that we had were quiet good, we asked for ground floor rooms close to the pool. Our room was comfortable but as said they do need a spruce up, new curtains and the grouting on the bathroom etc. Our daughter had ground floor interconnecting rooms also in the older wing near the pool, and these were great and roomy.
When we spoke to reception about the Warwick club saying that we had received none of the benefits of the club, of which we are members, fruit platter, bottle of wine, turndown service and % off bill etc. they just said OH WELL.

I was disappointed with the Naviti this time and think that our next visit to the Coral Coast, we may look elsewhere to stay.

Blue hut on the beach next to the resort is great for hair braiding, massages and buying nic nacs and washing. Ladies there are great and so warm and friendly, we spent alot of thime there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sweetkerrie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,981)

Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed at the naviti resort from the 8th of november to the 16th of November, with my mum, stepdad, 2 brothers, 20 & 6, and 2 sisters 15 &6. We stayed for 8 nights.

The food was nice, but it got boring because it was all kind of the same even though each night at dinner it was themed.
at breakfat i had the same thing usually but ithers said that the omelette was really good.
Lunch i got upset at 2 times, because i wanted a pizza, but because there was already different pizza at the buffet i couldn't have it.

We were on the all inclusive package which was good, because on the itinerary it said something like $45 per person for the dinner buffet.
The water activities were fun, but not the paddle boats me and my brother and sister went on one, and it was really boring and a waste of $10. but we had a really good time on the kayacks and snorking, guided and non- guided. I also went scuba diving for free in the pool at 10:00 and so did my brother.

The pool bar was cool, but i got really annoyed at all we could drink was soft dink and orange juice, don't drink the water, cos it's yellow.

When we got to the room, the plug was stuck but a couple of days later someone came and fixed it. The maids were really good with the cleaning and the room was usually made up when we came back the first from being out.

And i reccomend you to put on sunscreen, because i didn't and got really burnt, i could of started crying.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2010

What a great hotel. We had excellent service everyday. We were with a group of 12 (3 familes) and everyday there was a table reserved for us at lunch. Assina the lady in the buffet lunch restaurant was brilliant! We'd read some negative reviews but they were pretty exaggerated. Sometimes service was a bit slow - but by day 2 we pretty much ordered drinks straightaway so it wasn't too big an issue. Keep hounding them if you need something - they are on Fijitime! Always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2010

This was our first visit to Fiji, and we chose Naviti resort, because they offered an all inclusive deal.
The service was good; I would recommend it to families, specifically with young children.
The room we had was on the 3rd floor, towards the end of the Nadi wing section.
This section of the resort looks like it was a recent addition and looks quite new, as compared to the Suva wing of the hotel. The room had a balcony with an ocean view and it was far enough, away from the main activity area that made it great for sleeping.
I think the location of Naviti resort being 90 minutes by bus from the airport could be a negative for some people. If you want to do any tours, you either have to travel towards Nadi or Suva. However being on the coral coast, you only have to swim 100 metres for viewing coral and the fish.
The hotel has 4 x restaurants. 2 x for buffet meals and 2 x ala carte.
There is a main bar and a pool bar for drinks, so you don’t have to walk to far for a drink.
What I liked was that there was a lot of variety in the buffet meals. However, there was a strong influence of Indian cuisine. So if you don’t like Indian cuisine, your variety is slightly reduced.
There were always plenty of local tropical fruits at all meals that made up for the not so great sweets.
What I disliked was that even though we had the all inclusive package, there were things that I believe should be included that were not.
An example is that if you asked for normal coffee its free, but if you ask for a cafe latte they charge you $5.00 Fiji. If you are a child you get ice cream for free in the afternoons, if you are an adult, then you have to pay. I can accept being charged if you are drinking imported spirits etc. but I think ice creams and lattes should be part of the all inclusive offer.
Being charged for a café latte in an all inclusive resort is a negative in my view. I think the hotel management should visit some all inclusive resorts in other countries like Thailand and Turkey, to have a better understanding of all inclusive resorts and their offerings.
But, I would still recommend this resort to others, specifically, families with young children.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 7 November 2010

The Naviti Resort is located on the coral coast which is a 2 hour drive from Nadi airport which we all found very long after spend hours on a plane already and tiering especialy with young children. The bus did drop off's ater other resorts first so it may be better to get a private car esp if you have young children like myself .The all inclusive package is a must otherwise food and drinks is very expensive I would rate the food 7 out of 10 with many different resturants to eat at the Chinise and Talie are a nice meal for a change from eating the buffet the only thing I didnt like about the buffet if they had food left over from the night before they would serve it for lunch the next day..... my fist night there I spoke to a resort guest and he and his wife had just got out of bed a 3 days of Vomiting so I had my fingers crossed that I and my family didnt get it also but we did along with several other guest.we had a ocean view room which is in the older wings but still a lovley view and nice rooms plenty bigg enough to have two cotts in one room house keeping standards could of been better they didn't mop the floors they only swept .I found all the staff to be polite and did accomadate your needs but it did take time ... is it is true FIJI TIME please if you need anything ask atleast 10 to 20 minutes before .For those that are going the drinks in the package are drinkable but remember Fiji Time it take time in the package we also got the kids were intiteld to ice cream our package stated unlimited but they only got 1 a day so that was sad for the kids but good for the adults they do have New Zeland ice cream you can buy but at $8 aus it a bit crazy we also had a sunset cruse ha funny it left at 3 and it was a large tinny and the wine and nibbles were in the sun for half the day lol but it was nice to see the water but it was only out the front of the resort .Kids club we found was not really controlled that well and they didn't have sem the take controll of the kids so there was kids escaping from kids club and doing there own thing they also have nannies that you can hire cheap if you wont a hour or 2 to yourself but be firm with them as we saw alot just siiting around talk while they were ment to be look after kids!!! We traveld with a 10 months old and have that if your baby is eatting normal everyday food ther is plenty at the childrens buffet which is great as it is a early sitting I did take my own food with me a found it no problem with costums at either end. We did a tour that took as to a local school which was great just loved it and the kids they are truely beautiful. I would surgest that you ask your driver to stop at Sigatoka to get drinks for duty free and chips and nibble for kids and dont bother about doing the half day shopping tour as it is not worth sitting in the buss for 1 hour when you and walk around the place in 10 min so I recomened book this early in your hols to get your surplies.All in all if this sounded bad it wasen't we have a great time we would go back to Fiji and to Naviti if it wasen't such a long bus ride.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank nhdmell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
4.7 km away
15.3 km away
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
58.9 km away
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!