2,168 results
All reviewsbamboo terraceall inclusive packagechinese restauranttalei restaurantkids clubpool barnaviti staffcoral viewingjoy spahighly recommend the navitifiji timesunset cruisefamily holidaynightly entertainmentinclusive menugreat holidaycoral coast
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Having read the reviews, I was expecting a special place in Fiji. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT. Naviti is a tired, boring, noisy place which if it wasn't for the availability of the sun (just about the only free thing here) would have absolutely nothing to recommend it. Fijians seem to have spread this myth that by saying 'Bula' to everyone at every conceivable opportunity they are being friendly. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT. As soon as something wants doing you get miserable faces and nothing gets done. Service? Don't make me laugh. If you want a drink, make sure that you order it half an hour, no - make that an hour - before you are thirsty.
Naviti operates an appartheid system. Full board -ok. Not full board - you are treated like an untouchable.
If you like Butlins with sun, you will give the Naviti a chance. Karaoke nights, knobbly knees competitions, in-your-face kids' club, noise, cold food, ... love them and this is for you. For more savvy travellers, avoid it like the plague. Oh, and Fiji? Don't be fooled by the adverts. It is a third world country where the average house would look downmarket in a Sao Paulo favella and kids cannot afford shoes. Dirty? You bet. AVOID.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2009

My husband and I went to the Naviti for 6 nights as our wedding anniversary/honeymoon. We booked a studio villa which was really worth it. There weren't too many kids, but Saturday was really full of people and children. Since we had a villa, we never sat by the pool. As for the beach, well there really isn't much of one. I am used to travelling in the Caribbean where the beaches are beautiful and big. I usually like to sit in a chair on the beach in the sand and read a book. Instead, we sat on our porch. We were lucky to have an ocean view.

The "all-inclusive"... Now when you go to Cuba, or Mexico, or Jamaica, all-inclusive is for real. But in Fiji, well only certain drinks, some horrible housewine, and certain items on the menu at the restaurants are included, which makes alot of things end up being extra charge. The food was very bland and lacked spices.

The Fiji people are very nice. We had Kava in the village next door which was worth the experience. We also spent a day at the captain Crusoe island, which was also a good value for the money. We went on the hotsprings walk, which was OK, but nothing to rave about.
We still enjoyed our holiday but I am not sure if we will go back to the Naviti or Fiji.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2009

We just returned from the Naviti (yesterday) after a wonderful holiday. The all-inclusive is well worth it. We weren't too careful about not spending anything else (how often are you on holiday??) but our bill at the end was only $200 FJ and that included a trip to the day spa for me, ordering off the non-inclusive menu and cocktails at happy hour every night (2 for $15 between 5:30 and 6:30pm).
The restaurants are all good. The Talei and Bamboo Terrace are both better than the buffet, but they have different themes every night at the Buffet so we may just have not picked the best one to go to (although the mexican buffet was good!).
We also did the waterfall hike, which is well worth doing. We also went horseriding along the beach through the next door village ($F25 for 45 mins). They also offer horse riding for the waterfall trek.
The resort was very quiet when we went which meant 'Fiji Time' wasn't really an issue. Everything was very quick. We were there on a Saturday though and the resort filled up with a lot of Fijians there for the weekend. It didn't seem nearly as relaxing after having a week of very few people, with the pool full from 9am until close, and the buffet breakfast and lunch very busy!
Breakfast was good - full buffet every morning. Lunches were probably the worst meal of the day from the buffet, but it was still edible and some days were better than others. You can also order of an al a carte menu but you have to go and find it yourself and get the staff's attention to order from it. No-one tells you about it before hand.
We also went on the shopping trip into SIgatoka. We avoided the markets and were still hassled in the street when we got close to the market, with people asking us where we were from and trying to take us there. Jack's of FIji is the main shop, but beware, they tell you that everything is treated and able to be taken back to Australia, but I had a photo album and a few other souveniers taken off me at immigration in sydney because they couldn't even be treated here.
The only other negative was the snorkelling trip at the resort. If you enjoy being dragged behind a boat by a rope that is thick and really hard to hold on to, while the driver swings the boat around in circles so fast you can't see anything properly, and the propellers stir the water up, then its for you. Otherwise, just walk out to the coral at low tide and swim around yourselves.. much nicer! the snorkelling is really good though!
Overall, we had a really nice time, everything was great and the resort was a lot better than we had expected for the price we paid for the trip! I would definately recommend it and definately go back again! The weather at this time of year is also very hot and humid, but the resort was a lot quieter, with very few kids around, so it was worth it for a romantic holiday!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Oh my god this was the perfect holiday for myself and my fionse. We stayed at the Naviti for 8 nights in Oct 09 and were absolutely blown away by this place. The all inclusive package is definately worthwhile and although it doesn't include cocktails they are only $12 FJD which is roughly $6 AUD & they are awesome! My fionse & I were very partial to the dark rum! Other reviews were right when saying even tho it is all inclusive with alcohol we didnt see one drunk person on our whole stay! In the end we couldn't even keep up with all the eating and drinking and the choices of restaurants were great, the Talei & Bamboo Terrace restaurants were absolutely delicious! We did the shopping trip but stayed out of the actaul markets as we just couldn't be bothered getting hassled, some ppl on our trip did and they were hassled. You can buy all wooden treated souveniers from bavari handicrafts on the way back to the hotel. Meenos is a store that had some pretty jewellery but apart from that there was not much there. It certainly is a culture shock though and worthwhile just for that. We also went to the Warwick to have dinner but ended up coming "home" (to the Naviti) by taxi ($10FJD) not long after we got there as it just wasn't as nice as the Naviti for us & we didn't feel comfortable there. Also it's expensive dining & drinking there even tho they offer the $20 credit for dinner. The Naviti actually honour the all inclusive package for ppl staying at the Warwick but they don't do the same for Naviti guests. I thought that was a bit wrong. We stayed in the new Nadi wing overlooking the pool were the views were magnificent. Also the blue hut just to the side of the resort is good for massages, we didn't go to the resorts spa but got a 1/2 hr massage at the hut for $25FJD and $40 for 1 hour! They also have a waterfall tour not far from the resort that was $50 FJD for 2ppl that was awesome, u get to swim in the waterfall when u get there & swing off the rope by the side, it was fantastic! Anyway if you are looking for a tropical getaway defiantley go to the Naviti were you will be well looked after! There was never a boring moment on this holiday for us and I definately didnt want to leave and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TropicalGirlAdelaide
Reviewed 11 November 2009

My husband and I had the all inclusive package at the Naviti. We stayed in a garden room for 6 nights. We found the rooms to be clean and of a good size. Our view was of the gardens which backed on to the pool, The rooms were quite and very adequate.
We found the staff to be friendly and the all inclusive package was a must. Without the all inclusive i could see that this holiday would have cost a packet.
The pool and swim up bar were great and there were always heaps of sun beds to lounge around in.
The gym was very good, is cost $10 (Fijian) per room for an all day access. The equipment in the gym was comparible to my local gym and I can't fault it.
The food was very good. We tried the other restaurants but stuck with the buffet. There was always lots to choose from in the buffet and you get more for your money.
As a couple we really had a nice relaxing time and when we have a family i would love to go back their. The kids over there all seemed to have a great time and there were lots of activities to keep the kids busy with so the parents could enjoy time off.
All in all i would recomend the Naviti. The drive is a little long from the airport to the hotel (1.5-2hours) but it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple