Castle Inn
USD 139
The Castle Hotel(Bishops Castle)
USD 118
USD 154
USD 130
The Dragon Hotel(Montgomery)
USD 92
USD 89
Metropole Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
USD 167
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
USD 84
USD 73
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 85/night.

Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
USD 92
TripAdvisor
USD 122
USD 166
  • Restaurant
All reviewspiethe pubfood is excellentcurrynew ownerslovely mealwould stay againfriendly localsstayed for nightsevening mealexcellent locationold buildinggood sizenext morningblack hall lodgesthe kitchenthai night
Reviewed 18 July 2017

A lovely Traditional Inn / Country Pub with friendly staff and well appointed clean and tidy rooms . The Beer garden is available to all and the Public Bar is frequented by many friendly locals. The food in restaurant is all freshly prepared and was excellent as was the substantial Breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2017

We booked this hotel last minute on a trip up to see the in laws. as we needed to take the dog we needed somewhere dog friendly.
I am a bit of a hotel snob so i was slightly sceptical but when we arrived the room was clean and much nicer than I think I was expecting.
its very small as there are only a few rooms there was no noise from the pub below.
we had breakfast In the morning and it was freshly cooked and lovely.
the price we paid was definitely worth it and I would recommend this place to use as a comfy base to go from.
I would recommend the castle inn and I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J-Moore374
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I can’t believe I haven’t written a review for this place yet! We stayed for one night while driving from northern Wales to Bath. We were literally just looking for somewhere to eat and get a couple of drinks and some sleep before we set out for Bath the next morning.

If you’re looking for swank accommodations with fluffy towels and high-end finishes, this is not your place. If you’re looking for really, really, really good pub food, fun conversation with locals, and a bar that will stay open as long as you’re drinking, this is the place for you!

We had 2 rooms - our 3 teens in one, my husband and I in another next to it. The beds and shower were just ok. The bathroom in our room had carpet in it, which I always find to be kind of weird, but I can deal with it. The rooms were decorated just like you’d think your aunt’s spare bedroom would be - with cute tchotchkes and decor. Depending on the time of the year you visit, if you’re able to leave the windows open at night, you can hear the sheep bleating in stereo - not loudly, mind you - I’m not sure how close they were, but just enough for this city dweller to totally enjoy it.

Where Castle Inn wins hands down, is their food. Seriously, their food is really, really good. All very freshly made, and absolutely great value for the money. We live in Chicago, where there are a dozen restaurants and pubs within a 10 minute walk from our house, and our dinner at the Castle Inn would be head and shoulders above any of them. It was really that good. After a lovely dinner, our kids retreated to their wifi in their room (no complaints from them, so the wifi was decent), and we retreated to the bar, to have a few drinks and chat with the staff and some locals.

A nice evening of interesting conversation - between the upcoming Brexit vote and the presidential race in the US, there was no shortage of things to talk about. And, just as the locals there never thought Brexit would pass, likewise, my husband and I were quite adamant (and very wrong) about our country’s future and where it would be today. *Ahem*. Breakfast the next morning was hearty and very good, too. Castle Inn is a really lovely Inn, if I ever find myself in Wales again, we would absolutely return, highly recommended!

Room Tip: We were in rooms 2 and 3, and they were fine!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Called in for a drink and evening meal whilst staying at nearby Black Hall Lodges. So glad we did. This is what you hope for in a local pub. Welcoming atmosphere and staff. Then there's the food. Excellent is the only way to describe it. The steak and ale pie is a must and great value for money. We learnt a little bit of local history from our waiter who was extremely polite and friendly. We've booked to return to Black Hall Lodges later in the year and will definitely be eating here when we here.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Found our stay pleasant and the staff really helpful, room clean with plenty of clean linen. Breakfast was very nice .Would stay again if in area.
Definitely recommend to friends if visiting this area.well located for area

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends