All reviewsnational parktasting menuthe hotel offersen routeswimming poolthe kitchenfine diningwellness roomhoneymoon suiteyoung womanthree nightsgarden suitemartaweddingvalleyvillagecastle
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We spent 5 days at I Tre Baroni and had a great start to our Tuscan vacation. From our room we could overlook the valley and see the town of Poppi in the distance. Many a night, I sat on a chair outside the room and watched the sun set. The pool also had the same valley views. The whole experience was very relaxing. It made us feel as if we were in a different world. The friendly staff made us feel at home. The breakfasts were a wonderful way to start the day. We ate dinner at the restaurant, Mater, three nights. It was a special treat. I have written a separate review for Mater.

In short, life is full of experiences. This is one I will remember for a long time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My husband and I got married here on 23.07.2017. I have to start by thanking Marta Bidi, the hotels manager and receptionist. I have been in contact with Marta since last year April 2016 and up until our wedding day (even after) she has been most helpful, kind and replies almost immediately. She is quick, always dashing around and always 2 steps ahead of everyone. We are forever thankful to Marta's love and passion for her hotel, her staff and of course the way that she treats all her guests as if we are all one large family.

As for the location, WOW, the views are breathtaking and Casentino national forest is 10 min drive up the mountain where you can go for a nice hike. Be sure to visit Locanda dei Baroni for an afternoon lunch or evening dinner (they are the sister restaurant of I Tre Baroni).

The new restaurant of I tre Baroni has the most exceptional fine dining, the chef of I tre Baroni has a passion for food and his love and passion comes across in the most outstanding food presentation and quality.

When we visited I Tre Baroni for the first time in April 2017 for the location viewing, we were so amazed and it most certainly exceeded our expectations. The new restaurant is the highlight, with it's unique feature that the guests can watch the chef cook! Large bay windows, lower terrace and roof top terrace, lovely brick walls, garden and pool area are well kept and all the staff members are there to ensure you receive the best service possible.

We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which is comprised of a large bedroom with 4 poster bed, absolutely gorgeous blue curtains and beds are very comfortable, en suite bathroom, hallway and your very own wellness room which includes 2 wooden lounge chairs, a sauna, nice large shower, hot tub and mood lights/wellness music plus water and tea/bathrobes and slippers.

We were also very lucky to view all the rooms that I tre Baroni have to offer, and I must admit that all the suites are made with high standard and much details. Some of my favorites are The lavender/Toscana suite, The Tower suite which has sound proof windows, garden suite and I also loved the pink suite and wood suite split over 2 levels. The comfort and eco rooms are very clean and well kept but are smaller and have less amenities than the suites but have a wonderful rustic/old tuscan style to them which makes them unique in that way!

My husband and I will visit I Tre Baroni again next year to celebrate our anniversary and can only recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway, an event or to celebrate a wedding. You will not regret your decision!

Room Tip: If you are not sure which room to choose, just ask Marta - she will recommend the best room for you :-)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KyraZ3
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The place is fantastic! Really beautiful! A couple of friends made their wedding there and was absolutely fantastic! The staff is really friendly and always smiling! They make you feel at home. I do really recommend for a nice escape weekend or to celebrate a wedding!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Way out of Poppi on road to Camaldoli, but nice venue and large car park. Really nice pool with view, but no pool towels. Does not serve lunch, but nice place just down the road in town or drive to Camoldi. They will however make sandwiches if you ask.
Fould the Spa Suite very dark and gloomy, and although the Spa shower was fun, it is not worth it. AC worked OK.
The restaurant is top, but load music from the kitchen is really a shame when you are in this quiet area. Some barking dogs and church bells every half hour in the night, but this is usial in Tuscany.
Fould the Gourmet restaurant a bit over the top. Would be nice with a simpler alternative unless it is a special occation. Very Expensive too.
Terrible breakfast, and as we left on the day of a wedding, they did not even bother to assist us or plate the table at all. Expect better. Then it does not help that my handbag got an extra puff to sit on.

Room Tip: Try for a view if possible. (not sure there is) Spa Suite not worth it (208)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
i3baroni, Direttore at I Tre Baroni, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello Aina, thank you very much for your feedback you also posted on booking.com page. The Garden Spa suite you had has internal spa and emotional shower. The room is in Tuscan style with dark brown bed and forniture of the first of 1900. It has a private garden and entrance, we're sorry you did not like the kind of style! We have pool towel at the reception, you only have to ask us. Yes, in the countryside dogs bark and bell ring :-)
We are very sorry you didn't enjoy the breakfast we've also added a breakfast menu to give more choices to our guests. Also, the event we had that weekend was on Friday evening and you left on Friday morning, so I am not able to find a connection, there were also other rooms doing breakfast that morning.
Hope you could come back and try one of our other spa suite rooms with more window or another forniture style, they are all different.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous restaurant! Drinks first out on the panoramic terrace- beautiful views of Poppi in the distance. The dining room is superb, with a very attentive team to guide you through the courses and excellent view of the kitchen in action. We had the tasting menu- wonderful choices and wine pairings. We will surely be back! Thank you for such a great experience

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple