I am shocked by the other reviews. This was not even close to being a 4 star resort. Upon checking in, we immediately noticed the extremely cheap and uncomfortable beds. In order to soften the bed we chose to use, I decided to move the comforter from the smaller bed to the larger one for padding. Upon removing the bedding I found dead bugs and flies on the mattress that had been under the sheets. GROSS. We went to bed later that night and found a terrible odor from our pillows. The pillows smelled like sweaty, dirty gym clothes. We removed the pillow cases to see if it would help, but found dark yellow sweat stains in the center of all of the pillows and that it was the pillows themselves that had the sweaty B.O. smell. We had the pillows changed out the next day, but the memory of smelling sweat stained dirty pillows all night has not left our minds. DISGUSTING.
The restaurant was cheaply priced, but eating there was completely uncomfortable. They never turned on the AC in the indoor area, so we always had to eat at the outdoor area. They provided fans to help with the heat, but we had to constantly swat away flies that tried to get into our food and in our faces.
Our unit was very small with a dated mildew covered shower and bathroom. I've seen nicer bath rooms in a Super 8 motel. There were not vaulted ceilings as shown in the photos. The pool pretty, but it had a massive amount of ants all over the tile edges. There were also tons of ants floating in the pool itself - which let to me being bit by ants when swimming. They also only had 4 lounge chairs around the whole pool, leaving no where to sit when the only a few other families were at the pool. There was a 2nd pool that appeared a little cleaner the first day, but there was a hot tub attached to it that was completely unmaintained. It was half filled with dirty brown standing water and green and black mildew was on all of the surfaces of the inside of the hot tub.
The last straw for us was when constant hammering and banging began at the unit next door to ours. We were never informed prior to booking or even at check in that there would a unit under construction/remodeling directly next to us. We asked for them to stop the work, and they only agreed to do it at a different time. I don't know why they chose to put us right next door to a unit being remodeled, when the resort was clearly not fully booked.
We ended up leaving the resort after 3 nights and staying somewhere else, despite the fact that we had paid for a full 7 night stay. That is how bad this place was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Belle Villa Resort, Chiangmai, there is an opportunity to experience a mountain resort only a short drive from the city, but with the feeling of total isolation. Looking out from any of the hotel rooms or villas, you will see nothing but only the lush green of the surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belle Villa Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Villa Hotel Chiang Mai
- Belle Hotel Chiang Mai
- Belle Villa Resort Chiang Mai Chiang Mai Province, Thailand