Belle Villa Resort Chiang Mai
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Hang Dong
Reviewed 24 January 2017

We stayed in a villa which was absolutely fantastic! Huge rooms, very comfy beds, well-equipped kitchen and fab patio. The resort is lovely, very friendly staff, really nice pool (a bit cold but....) the only fault was with the lack of service at the restaurant or by the pool. The staff seemed to physically hide and didn't want to engage with the guests at all. I do believe that the restaurant is a different company to that of the Karma group however. The food that we had was very good but also the cost of the drinks in particular made us look elsewhere. If you want peace and quite then this is for you! I thought that I might get bored as we were staying there for 2 weeks but not a bit of it, could have stayed for months!

Room Tip: The villas are amazing
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I am currently staying in this resort. The room is very nice the view spectacular but the service is completely ruining it for me. I missed the shuttle to town and to get another to take me they wanted to charge ฿ 800!!! Absurd !! The first night I ate at the restaurant the service was super slow even though there was literally nobody else there. I had to search and find someone to get the bill. Tonight I had to go back to the restaurant (missed shuttle ) tonight there were 3 other people. My order was taken, it took a good 30 minutes for the food which I don't mind if it was amazing freshly made but it wasn't. I waited another 20 minutes for the dessert I ordered but it never came. Again I had to go search for someone and told them to cancel it. They had no idea what I was talking about and said the dessert I ordered was no longer available. Quite ridiculous

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Wesley H
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Well for the first time in Thailand and with Karma Group resort I am happy to say if you are looking for peace and quiet this is the place to be. The villa we were in was lovely how ever the restaurant ain't nothing to right home about. The cafe outside the entrance serves lovely food i would definitely eat there again. Be prepare for firm beds and if you want to go to town prepare to pay 200 baht per person round trip leaving at 10am and pick up at 6pm. Weather around this time was perfect 28 degrees.They also keep water stocked up well. Also they cater for functions and when there was one on they notified ppl by sending out a letter to all the villa's informing us of what was going to happen and no more noise happen after the time specified.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The Resort is 45 minutes by car up in the hills above Chiang Mai. A hire car makes the stay really memorable, so many places to visit.
The Resort staff were really great. Thank you Hadjin, Birdy, Klang,Way, Nong and Ann for all your help.
The room was just as it is in the photographs: large, comfortable, clean and with a balcony. Tea, coffee, water free of charge and in plentiful supply. The surrounding area is stunning with forest, farms, rice fields and birdsong. The resort area is beautiful, with well kept gardens, streams, bridges and fords!!
The pool area is lovely - there are 2 pools, but we used the nearest to Karma area. they were cleaned every couple of days and pool towels were available from reception.
There is an onsite restaurant 'The Terrace' which is fine. At the top of the hill to the left is a coffee shop , which does meals and takeaway:0) A short, steep walk to the left and there is another restaurant 'The Doi' , excellent coffee . The best restaurant is the 360 about 7 minutes drive down the hill - the food is some of the best Thai food we have eaten anywhere in Thailand and we have been visiting the country regularly for 20 years. You order a free pickup at the Karma reception, the owner drives up to pick you up, cooks your meals and then drives you back afterwards. Stunning and get them to switch on the 360 it is so cute:0)
We were at resort for Loy Krathon and the staff were so lovely; they made us each an offering, explained the festival and then we went to the stream to light them and release them. The resort provide wine, juice and snacks and then lanterns for the guests to light and release. A truly memorable evening - made possible by the excellent , caring staff.
This was our first stay at the resort and we are already planning our next.

Room Tip: If there is problem just ask the staff are so helpful.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We could not have chosen a better vacation and lodging for our first international couples trip. The staff is very professional and friendly. The resort provides private tours for its guests. The property is well kept. In our opinions, the view from the resort is the most breath taking experience in Thailand.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Lanna Resort
#8 of 13 in Hang Dong
8.7 km away
Panviman Chiang Mai Spa Resort

Been to Belle Villa Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!