Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
AU$34
Fully refundable before Mon, 22 Apr
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews his wife borobudur temple pottery village private porch tofu welcoming hosts local attractions visiting borobudur genuine warmth local experience yani ika motorbike itinerary factory entrance surroundings
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2023

Efata was a worthwhile find. A true homestay, Ika and Yani makes Borobudur memory a very special one :) big thanks to them for hosting me and making it so blissful. Highly highly recommended. This is the place to be when in Borobudur.

Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank Arghya G
ika supodo, Owner at Efata Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2023

Hello ArghyaG9,
Thank you for choosing Efata. We are really grateful to see and host you. We are delighted that you relished for our service and observing the local's activities around Borobudur. Hopefully we can meet you again.
Best wishes
Yani and Ika

Reviewed 3 June 2023 via mobile

Nice, quiet homestay close to the temple. Ika and Yani are great hosts. I really enjoyed talking to Ika and Yani prepared a wonderful breakfast. Probably the best homestay I visited on Java. Many thanks to Ika for warning me that the temple would be closed on Monday.

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank Philip1013
ika supodo, Owner at Efata Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2023

Hello Philip,
Thank you for staying at our homestay.. We are so pleased to meet you and to know that you enjoyed our service . You'll always be welcome. Best, Yani and Ika

Reviewed 23 May 2023

Ika and his wife are very welcoming hosts. They do everything they can to make you feel home and will try to fulfill all your needs. Ika took us on a short bike ride to explore the surroundings.
Very close to Borobudur. Rooms and breakfast are basic but ok.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanD426
ika supodo, Owner at Efata Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2023

Hello Jan,
Thank you for staying with us. It is a great pleasure to host you and your wife. We are pleased to know that both of you enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our service. We wish to host you again in the future.
Warm regards,
Ika and Yani

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Efata Homestay is just less than 5 mins walk from Borobudur temple entrance with all the necessary conveniences and lots of restaurants (and street food stalls) a stroll away. My air-conditioned room was clean and comfortable with a private porch overlooking their beautifully maintained garden.

Just by reading through all their guest reviews on both Tripadvisor and Airbnb would give you an idea of how awesome and fantastic Ika and Yani are as the hosts. From the moment I contacted Ika via whatsapp to enquire about possibility of staying at their place to the end of my stay, my experience has been nothing short of professionalism yet with genuine warmth of heart.

Ika, Yani and their son Karel greeted me with such a warm welcome and made me feel very comfortable. Through our chat over a cup of tea, Ika tried to find out my itinerary and/or activities that I had planned or had in mind for my stay in Borobudur. I didn’t plan much apart from visiting Borobudur temple and I was more than appreciative that he provided me all the information regarding the local attractions around Borobudur, without any hint or attempt to sell any of the services he could offer.

I mentioned a couple of places that I might be interested in and said that I would leave it to him. I am glad I did! As I was by myself and it was a nice (cloudy) weather, with his motorbike he brought me to visit the local coconut sugar making place, pottery village (you can get your hands dirty and try to make one), local tofu factory and one of his friend’s community free training centre for local village kids - places that one wouldn’t get to experience from those mainstream tourist packages. Of course along the way, with many opportunities to take pictures of real local life and breathtaking scenery of Menoreh hills and paddy fields.

Not much further need mentioning as one can read all the fantastic reviews of Efata Homestay on the web. One thing is certain - Ika is extremely passionate about ensuring that their guests have the best of time during their stay in Borobodur. They do not just offer a room to sleep, but most importantly, a genuine local experience and hospitality..

I am really grateful for their open hearts sharing a part of their life (and the local community) with me while I was staying with them.

Room tip: They can arrange transfers to and from Yogyakarta too
Date of stay: June 2022
2  Thank 1earthtrip
ika supodo, Owner at Efata Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2022

Hi W Tandijono,

Thank you for staying with us. We are really grateful to see and host you. We are so pleased that you relished for our service and seeing the locals' activity around Borobudur. We hope we can meet you again. We wish all the best for you.

Ika and family

Reviewed 20 March 2020

I am grateful to the people who made my staying near Borobudur and made an amazing impression of Java. In particular, the owners @efatahomestay.borobudur of near Borobudur gave a warm home reception, carefully advised, cooked breakfast with all my “I don’t eat meat and chicken, eggs - too, bread and rice for a breakfast are too heavy and bla-bla-bla” (however, I said mistress about this not to perplex her, but I mean «don’t worry, don’t cook for me - it’s okay»), but breakfast of fruits (including from their beautiful garden) and coconut pancakes exceeded expectations! Guys, I'm ready to return to this place, if only for the sake of these coconut pancakes!!! And Ika Supodo gave me a cute authentic scarf. In their beautiful and lush garden, I felt at home with my beloved friends or relatives.
Very good English!

Date of stay: January 2020
ika s, Owner at Efata Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Hi 49evgeniyak,
Thank you for staying at Efata and describing our room as it is. We feel happy to know that you enjoyed service given. Come and see us whenever you're in Borobudur. You’ll always be welcome.
Best,