Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
USD 34
eDreams
USD 32
USD 32
Agoda.comUSD 34
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2020

This hotel is located near the beach, some rooms have sea view, and I got the sunrise from my window. Room is clean and pretty big with very cool air condition. That's why we chose a new hotel. With an open dining room and lobby the ambience feels natural..., but keep in mind, that there is no elevator in this 3 floor hotel. For breakfast, there is quite a large selection of menus and the food is delicious. If you don't have enough time to buy some souvenir of Sumba, several weaving sellers are ready to help you in front of the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

I went to waingapu and stayed in Padadita Beach Hotel for couple days, and it was great. The hotel located just next to the beach and the view just superb! The staffs also very friendly and also helpful (they even offered me to get free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport).

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2019

It's very hard to find a good classy hotel in East Sumba. Couple times I search on the internet, all lead me to Padadita Beach Hotel which has added values if we compare with other hotels. The added values are location which closed to the beach, swimming pool even though the pool is in renovation phase. Room was so spacious and designed like a private home. Also, cleanlinnes and friendly staff are included. Few notes for improvement are breakfast menu was so bored, the same everyday and some food weren't warm anymore.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 16 December 2019

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. It's a 4-star hotel located near the beach. Room is clean with basic minimal amenities. They do not provide hair drier but we can ask from the Front Desk.

Breakfast is standard local food. Overall, this hotel is ok considering the fact that Waingapu is a very small town in Sumba.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Ria900
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

The Padadita Beach Hotel is a very good hotel that, at this writing, is still a work in progress. I enjoyed my stay here. It’s a clean well-run place, yet there are a few things one should be aware of before booking.

There is no elevator. I was informed by the staff that there may be an elevator coming in the future. There are ground floor rooms available if stairs are an issue.

Though the hotel opened two years ago, the pool is still not completed. It is scheduled to open in December of 2019, but that this date is only tentative.

The beach is not a swimming beach. It is rocky and shallow. Still, it is stunning, and when the tide is out it’s an excellent place for long walks. Just make sure to wear well-soled flip-flops or water shoes.

The restaurant is only average and service, while friendly, moves at a slow pace. That said, it’s your only option in the area. You’ll find numerous traditional and western choices on the menu. The breakfast is blah but sufficient.

Avail of the free airport shuttle. I used this hotel service and it was excellent. Make sure to confirm your flight arrival with the hotel.

Exercise caution when finding a driver/guide. I used a driver that was a referral from the hotel who, while a good driver, was not helpful in navigating both language and culture. Also, I had to demand we see some of the better Ikat shops, because he had another agenda when it came to Ikat. So, do some research and know what you want to see in the event the hotel refers you to a driver/guide who is not to your liking.

Date of stay: October 2019