“Good location, great atmosphere and food - just needs to review its bedrooms”
Review of The World's End

The World's End
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ecton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Really great place to stay, reasonably priced and overall a good experience. Restaurant food was excellent and staff pleasant and attentive. The only real let down for me was the quality of the mattress in the bedroom - it was obviously very old or very cheap as the moment I sat on it, I felt the base below and there was constant twanging of the old springs. It did not make for a good night's sleep. The TV was also portable size which was disappointing and the shower leaked. Having said that, I would definitely stay there again but I would make sure I asked for a different room in the hope that both the TV was bigger and the mattress a newer one!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Excellent food at fair prices.
Respectable menu, not your average pub food, something for all.
Friendly and efficient staff
Large car park
Historically a very interesting building dating from around 1760, and used to be a place for changing stage coach horses
A 'Village' drinkers bar

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Visited here for a birthday meal. Haven’t been for years and was pleasantly surprised. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the food was delicious. There is also a very good selection of gin! Looking forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a delicious meal, service was very friendly and kind, can’t be faulted. We will come again!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Good food with good portion sizes but poor service. My drink was forgoton as was a sauce that was supposed to come with the starters. We had to wait quite a while before we got our main and then we were again forgotten when it came to ordering desserts.

Date of visit: September 2018