“Fantastic Villa, Superb Location, Outstanding...”
other travellers have booked this property
main entrance
side view of villa bathroom
Check Availability
fully equiped kitchen
view from balcony
terrace
sea view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
alanmac56
East Calder, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Villa, Superb Location, Outstanding Hosts”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

The welcome from Antoine and Sylvianne was so friendly and throughout our stay they helped with advice on where to visit. They are such a wonderful couple who go way beyond any expectations, Antoine took us to the local shop when we arrived and Sylvianne had fresh chilled juice ready on our arrival together with a welcome basket of fruit. Antoine even took us to the beach the next morning while we waited for our hire car to arrive - on returning to the villa Sylvianne was waiting with freshly made banana fritters!!. The villa is situated on a hill just above Anse Royale and is very well equipped and has a superb view over the ocean. There is plenty of outside space with two areas for eating and a BBQ. It is a home from home with everything you could wish for plus an island paradise setting. I cannot say enough about Antoine and Sylvianne, they are such an amazing couple who do everything to make sure your stay is special and in all our travels around the world I have never encountered such amazing hosts. I cannot recommend this villa enough.

5 Apr 2017
Dear Alan,
Thanks ever so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you four around. All our very best wishes and looking forward to welcome you again in the future. Antoine & Sylvianne
Carmie M
“Amazing Holiday in Seychelles”
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

First of all, exceptionally warm hospitality of the Villa owners. Mr Antoine and Mrs Sylviane were incredibly accommodating and helpful, when you need them, they are always available. They made us feel like we are part of their family which is the best you can expect as a traveller. If we ever visit Seychelles again, we will definetely stay in Ixora villa. In addition we would reccomend this place to anyone who wishes to explore Seychelles. We truely had an unforgettable holiday in Seychelles, thanks to Mr Antoine and Mrs Sylviane. What is more, the villa itself is perfectly designed with the view of the ocean and the mountains , very well refurbished, cleanliness is maintained all the time.

4 Oct 2016
Thanks ever so much Carmelita for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you Zafar and Carol around. Looking forward to your next visit. All our best wishes and thank you again for choosing Ixora villa for your holiday on Mahe. Regards Antoine &Sylvianne
ingetar
Larnaca
“Amazing Hospitality in Seychelles”
Reviewed 7 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

We stayed for 10 days in Ixora Villa with another couple and we could not have found a better place to enjoy our holidays. The Villa is perfect for a family or friends to spent time together after long days at the beach. It is very clean and being serviced three times a week, there is ample space to move around, a well equipped kitchen is available, we loved the outside barbeque, had fresh fish almost every day. In the beautiful garden you find not only fruits and herbs, but also the owners giant turtles. Antoine and Sylvianne were the nicest hosts you can imagine, always available when you needed anything, but they were even making an extra effort to give us a better insight of their island. Sylvianne surprised us several times with fresh cooked local dishes, and Antoine even sacrificed his day off to show us around Mahe and he was better than any tour guide we could have hired! We felt like leaving from friends rather than hosts when we had to go back, and we really hope to be able to return soon!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: You need a car
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
8 Dec 2015
Antoine and I are very happy that you all had a great time. It was a pleasure having you around and hope to see you again in the near future. All our best wishes and thank you again for choosing Ixora villa for your holiday on Mahe.
NettyO85
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“An absolute gem in paradise.”
Reviewed 6 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

I have travelled to the Seychelles and stayed in various places, across the many islands. The Ixora Villa, despite being a self catering villa, came across as more of a home from home, with high hotel standards. I received the warmest of welcomes with the most refreshing and unexpected jug of home made passion fruit juice. After the long journey to get there, nothing could have been more perfect. The couple who own the villa were so very warm, showing us to our immaculate villa. The villa was impeccably clean and spacious, with two great sized bedrooms both with en-suite. The crisp white sheets certainly made me feel like I was checking into a top hotel!

Having being shown all the amenities, Sylvianne and Antoine were happy to answer any of our questions and give us some new tips of places to go. Insider information is always so much better than the guide books! We had a great kitchen and the dining area on the veranda was always a great place to enjoy our evening meals. We were even treated to a meal of local cuisine cooked by Sylvianne herself! ABSOLUTELY DIVINE!

Along our stay, we got to taste the fruits of the garden, literally! The view from the terrace is beautiful and at night, seeing the bats fly about in the moonlight was spectacular! Also swimming at the beach down the hill, brilliant! I could not have been more pleased with our stay and was an absolute pleasure meeting Sylvianne and Antoine. Reading through their guest book in another testament to their warm, yet professional manner. I would not only recommend this villa to friends, I would recommend this to anyone!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Meeting the owners!
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
7 Nov 2015
Dear Annette, Thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you and your friend around. Hope that we will see you again in the near future and we will make sure that your stay in ixora villa will be another great one. Best wishes from both of us.
Silvia S
Zurich, Switzerland
“Bugs and flying insects in the bedroom and bathroom and lousy customer service”
Reviewed 1 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My husband and I checked in the Ixora Villa in October and had a horrible experience. We were charged at check-in to ensure we don't receive a refund for choosing a private villa which had flying insects and bugs in the bedroom and bathroom. When we wanted to go to bed at 10 pm and saw these insects on the bed and flying around we told the owners immediately. Sylvianne, on of the owners, became very defensive and accused my husband and I of bringing the insects inside ourselves. She shouted at us that evening and determined us to leave and look for another hotel in the middle of the night.
She promised to refund us the next day by going to the bank to cancel the transaction and she never did.
When we contacted her about the refund Sylvianne completely refused to refund us. We took pictures of the insects being in the facility but neither booking.com nor Sylvianne want to refund us. The villa had another similar incident we found out later.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: The insects on the bed and flying around in the bedroom and bathroom. Owner shouting at us
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 Nov 2015
This customer wanted to cancel the booking by phone from Praslin one day before check-in. I said that cancellation policy will be applied and this was not accepted to the customer. They checked in, were welcome with fresh juice, fruit basket etc... They said that they will be staying for only 2 nights instead of 7 because they do not like Seychelles, too hot, too expensive and they need to go back to work etc...All these excuses did not make any sense to me. She was very unhappy and I felt sorry for her. They were showed around the villa and were satisfied. This was around 4p.m.They did not see any insect or else they would have shown me and moved out straightaway. I gave them the bill and explained why I need to apply cancellation policy. With a bit of hesitation they paid by credit card. At around 5p.m. they went out and came back around 9p.m. Around 10p.m. got a call from booking.com saying that there are insects in the house and the clients are unhappy. I was shocked because I am next door, five meters away and she did not call me but instead made an international call . I could not believe what I heard but went to see. Silvia was still on the phone complaining and the suitcases were by the door. I could not believe that there were flying ants that you normally see with outdoor lights in the room. This has never happened before as all rooms have net curtains with all windows. They could not explained to me what really happened and they have already taken photos of the ants. I suggested that they used the second bedroom which was free from ants but they refused. Why, if they had good intentions? The only the word that came out was the refund that they needed . The saga was all about the refund . They would have been happy if I had charge only the two nights. They were ready to check out because they had already booked for a two night stay in another hotel thinking that I will refund them and they will benefit. Why do they refused to comply to the booking policy? After they left, Silvia wrote that she had allergies and had to go to the doctor in Switzerland. Why she didn't go to Anse Royale Hospital that night which is down the road. It is very sad saga. It is the first time that this happen. I never asked my guests for review but so far many have done on their own free will. Ixora villa has the highest score for cleanliness not only from guests of Booking.com but from other agencies as well. The villa gets visits from Health, Licensing Authority and Tourism to make sure that the standard is good and acceptable or else I would not be able to operate. The villa can be visited any day and any time. As long as I am in this business the quality of service is of paramount importance for all my clients and honesty is the key. The latter has no price. It is regrettable that some people can sink so low, tarnish the reputation of others just because they could not get their own way.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing