Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
B&B.it
USD 106
View deal
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
PricelineUSD 115
StayForLong
Destinia.com
All reviews eggs bread modern apartment walled village host tuscany load accommodations gate october
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Casa di Adelina has been in the family for many generations and you are a welcome guest..... so much more personal than a hotel but with all the privacy. Our room was quaint and spacious with a comfortable bed and modern bath. Francesco makes a very nice breakfast of fruit, pastries, and the best poached eggs ever. The home is on the third floor, but the caretaker was watching for us and was quick to help with our bags. They had the fastest internet of our whole trip! We really liked staying in this small hill town. It was a perfect base to explore the others and Francesco gave good advice on where to visit. There is a fine restaurant close by and we saw the most amazing sunset from the viewpoint. Would definitely go back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CasadiAdelina, Proprietario at La casa di Adelina Charming House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear guests thak a lot to leave your opinion on Trip. Thak also for chosen my B&B in Monticchiello.
I can show my guests how to prepare a perfect poached egg :)
Best regard Francesco.

TO KNOW: do NOT BOOK on booking or AGENCIES. They are very expensive for a B & B as our.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

La casa di Adelina was a perfect stay for my wife and I while in Tuscany. We wanted to experience a beautiful, ancient Tuscan hilltop town, and to stay somewhere local. We fell in love with Monticchiello, and La casa di Adelina was such a charming, authentic place to stay, and very comfortable. Francesco was the perfect host, made beautiful breakfasts, gave us a cooking lesson, and even let us use the kitchen to cook for ourselves one night. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Charles and Peta thak a lot to leave your opinion on Trip. Thak also for chosen my B&B in Monticchiello.
I'm happy to show my guests how to prepare a perfect scrambled egg.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We decided to tour the Val D' Orcia and found Monticchiello to be a perfect base for it. We were extremely well looked after in Casa Adelina where we had the top floor flat, charming and quirky, with views out onto the valley and its own living room and kitchenette (unused). The village is great-and Francesco was attentive and very helpful, and also cooked us a delicious breakfast. Don't miss the gardens on the ramparts with his father's art installation, also in the art gallery next door. Dine in one of the top-notch local restaurants-we went to la Porta-an easy stroll away. Memorable.

Room tip: If you are on the tall side you might find the low beams in the top flat awkward to navigate-choose one of the other rooms.

Thank you Andrew for your stay at my B&B La casa di Adelina,
happy to meet you and now that the holiday in Monticchiello was ok.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I was there during low season and fortunate (or not) to have the whole place to myself.
Francesco cook a very nice breakfast despite having to make for one pax. He did it with pride and passion.

The view at the view point just a 5 minutes walk is totally mesmerizing. This is where I will stay if I come back to Tuscany again.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
lacasadiadelina, Proprietario at La casa di Adelina Charming House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear guests thak a lot to leave your opinion on Trip. Thak also for chosen my B&B in Monticchiello in winter time, for us every guest is also important :)

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Casa di Adelina has individual rooms as well as an apartment on the top floor.We stayed in the apartment which included a bedroom, small kitchen, bath with a tub and shower, a large living/dining area and a sunroom, all beautifully decorated with modern and traditional touches. Each morning, our host, Francesco, provided a wonderful full breakfast with homemade pastries, eggs, and excellent coffee. The apartment is conveniently located and is close to several excellent restaurants, Monticchiello is within easy day-trip distance from other charming hill towns. The village itself is interesting and fun to explore. While the apartment is definitely not handicap accessible, I would recommend it to anyone who can handle several flights of stairs as well as stairs within the apartment. We would definitely recommend this charming place.

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank picklesMinnesota

I remember: the B & B is at the second floor of a 1200 dC. building and for disabled people or people with difficulty climbing stairs we have a solution on the ground floor.