“Lovely traditional restaurant”

La Cantina della Porta
Reserve with
La Cantina della Porta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 0 - USD 28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant in this unspoiled mediaeval hill town. It is run by Deborah, the charming daughter of Daria, owner of Monticchiello's famed La Porta. I hosted a wedding eve dinner there on July 7th - the first big party Deborah had catered. The food, wine, service and ambience were ll outstanding. I can't praise the generosity of spirit which animated the whole event highly enough.
Reviewed 27 November 2016

La Cantina is a lovely traditional restaurant with terracotta tiled floor and vaulted brick ceiling.
We enjoyed a four course dinner paired with local wines. The food, Antipasti, Risotto, Pork with Spinach apple sauce and roast potatoes, then Panna Cotta with red berries, was sensational. Owner Daria dropped by our table to ensure that everything was to everyone’s liking.
Great food and wine in a lovely place.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Richard A

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Fabulous dinner! Same owners as La Porta, with a less fancy menu, and they're happy to accommodate off menu requests. Best cacio e pepe ever!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This small restaurant is owned by Osteria la Porta and maintains that facility's high standards. My husband ordered beef tartare. I ordered an asparagus souffle. Both were excellent. It may be a bit of splurge, but given the quality of the food, La Cantina is an excellent value.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

We held our wedding ‘welcome dinner’ at La Cantina and it was one of the highlights of our wedding. Daria at La Cantina is simply amazing. From my very first email with her, to the completion of our welcome dinner, Daria was fantastic. So easy to deal with, Daria sent me a suggested dinner menu for our guests which was so plentiful yet really affordable. When we arrived for our welcome dinner, I couldn’t believe the amount of food that La Cantina had prepared – it completely surpassed our expectations on both quantity and quality! Every course was fantastic and the wines were incredible. The ambience in the restaurant is perfect. Daria had even organised personalised menus for our wedding welcome dinner, which were rolled up into little scrolls, tied with a red ribbon, and placed on everyone’s seat. Daria took care of all food allergies and had separate menus for those guests so no one was confused. Honestly I cannot rate La Cantina, and Daria, highly enough. All of our guests raved about the food, particularly the burrata cheese starter and the truffle ravioli! But it was all delicious – every single course! I’m thrilled we held our welcome dinner there and my husband and I are already looking forward to our return visit. Thank you so much Daria and team!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Emma N
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We wound up here one night after being turned away from La Porta, which was full. However, not to worry because the food we had was delicious. Try the pecorino/asparagus soufflé! The wine list is extensive and the service was excellent.