“Great learning experience and wonderful host”
Review of Truffle in Tuscany

Truffle in Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Massimo, I am a truffle hunter and I live in San Miniato, one of the undisputed world capital of truffle, located near Florence, Pisa and Siena, right in the heart of Tuscany. All my "experiences" are private tour and include a very detailed explanation about the REAL TRUFFLE: its nature, history, cuisine and also many legends that have been always fascinating for those which wants to get to know this mysterious Mother Nature's treasure. I look forward to welcoming in San Miniato to share with you this treasure.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Massimo, his dad, and his sister Letizia were wonderfulHosts. Massimo and his dad (and Pepe) all showed us a wonderful time looking for truffles and giving a background of truffle hunting. Pepe was such a pro! His sister prepared and showed us some wonderful and delicious meals from truffle, and all the while providing delicious wine. It was such a wonderful and unique experience, highly recommend!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"worth every penny"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I couldn't recommend this experience enough. The passion that Massimo and his family have for what they do is so evident during your time with them. A beautiful hike in the woods looking for delicious truffles - how can you beat that? I'll tell you how - having an unbelievable lunch afterwards cooked by his sister. Although our entire trip to Italy was fantastic, this experience felt the most authentic and not like we were a tourist, but a guest. Just wonderful people and wonderful food!

Reviewed 7 October 2018

The experience was very unique, nice and personal. We went truffle hunting in the woods with Massimo, his dad, and their most experienced hunter, Pepe. and went to their house for a delicious lunch prepared by Letizia afterwards. We learnt a lot about truffles from them.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

This activity was highly recommended to me by a coworker and after seeing her photos and hearing about her experience we booked immediately. Massimo and his family were wonderful. We met at his home and drove about 10 minutes away into the forest area with his truffle sniffing dog Mela. It was a beautiful day and we walked through the path for about an hour while Massimo discussed the history and culture of truffle Hunting, how to find truffles and the differences between them. We found truffles! After we returned to his home where his sister explained how to cook with truffles and tasting several meals including black and white truffles. We had the best time and it was highlight of our trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I joined Massimo and his dog Stella on a truffle hunt. We were in the woods for about an hour and found a black truffle. Massimo is incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to teach you all he can about truffles (which is a LOT). After the hunt, we returned to his family home where Massimo’s sister cooked us a meal with our truffle that rivals the other meals we have had over our week in Italy. She made us fresh pasta, an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert all with truffle and the meal was paired with multiple local wines. It was phenomenal. The family really makes you feel at home with them and this is a truly unique way to experience Tuscany. I HIGHLY recommend contacting Massimo if you are heading to Tuscany.