“Excellent Sardinia Seafood”

Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Capoterra
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Visited for a group dinner with seven people. As a Canadian visiting on business, this restaurant was an exceptional dinner. Thankfully our hosts spoke Italian, but wow, this was a memorable, tasty dinner.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I had a wonderful meal here last week with a group of 15 people. The service was lovely, the setting was elegant yet comfortable. We had tastings of most of their seafood specialties (eel, octopus, calamari, etc.) and each one was better than the last, including two spectacular fish pasta dishes. The desserts were unique (specialties of the area - I had never tried these before). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through Cagliari (about a 30 min drive from the center). It's a truly special experience.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 19 August 2016

The specialty of the house we ate were eels on saber grilled one, it was an excellent choise the taste and presentation oft he meal was amazing. The waiters and style of the restaurant are also perfect.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank DonDeniz
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Very nice place, super nice and friendly staff. Looked like a good start.
NOT AT ALL

As son as you arrive they ask if you like to have a glass of Champagne, and bring you a small "tagliere" with some Parmesan cream and olives.
As Italian I know those starters are always for free and this I supposed was also here. WRONG. They charge 15 Euro for the 2 glasses and 14 Euro for the tagliere. UNACCEPTABLE, already 30 Euro gone without even know it.

And it is not all.
Waiting for appetizer arrive a Chef with a skewer ( = Schironi) asking if we desire to try a BBQ eel. Again, without knowing other 17 Euros .. If you pass on table offering something has to clarify that you are pushing customers to purchase a dish, not a kind offer from the house as it is expected every where else in normal places.

And in addition
- they add to final bill 1 Pasta ( I think Trofie al pesto) we did not order = + 12 Euro
- they include ALL 4 Mirtos and 2 coffeeswe ordered, while it is common decency to offer at lest coffee when you have a bill of 130 Euro in 2 ppl

As Italian living abroad I am really disappointed from those restaurant that - not even having the need to do this - try all what they can to steal more and more and more money to tourists ( I discover later NO LOCAL ever go there!!)
When you have good quality food, good name advertised from 27 KM far on the main street, are full every night DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO CHARGE THE WELCOME APERITIVO, ADD EXTRA DISHES AND NOT EVEN OFFER COFFEE? When you already know that just with the small trick of welcome champagne and Parmesan, and eel you already have around 50 Euro extra in your pocket? Not requested by your customers?
This is wheat ruin Italy and good reputation

AH, yes, I have been told all this is written at the beginning of the menu, but neither me of boyfriend saw it. In case it is more honest to inform customer by voice.

NEVER NEVER going to be back and super sure I would NOT commander this place to anybody unless be SUPER careful on the menu, order and final bill

Date of visit: July 2016
4  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I am very confused by the negative comments made about this amazing restaurant! As soon as we walked in we were shown to our table and given the English menus. Our waiter then came to our table spoke to us first in Italian, then in English. He gave us complimentary bread, wine, olives, creamed cheese and Salami. He explained the menu to us and asked what we would like and that he would try and accommodate us if we wanted anything else. He spoke in very good English and explained what things were called in both Italian and Sardo as we wanted to learn. He showed us to the fish and even allowed me to order something that was not on the menu and charged me a low price for it. Throughout the meal he repeatedly asked if everything was ok and if we liked the food. For pudding we were given the delicious ricotta cheese parcel complimentary alongside what we ordered. I then received complimentary gelato. The bill came and were thought it was very reasonable for the level of hospitality and quality of fresh seafood. the €4 charge people seem to be complaining about is the cover charge and for the level of experience this is very low. In the UK you would pay a lot more for the same fresh authentic food. They were very hospitable and wanted us to learn about the culture and food which is what I love about Italy. I would certainly return and recommend to anyone in Capoterra or Cagliari!

Date of visit: July 2016