“Heavenly Sanctuary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Qala
Ferrieha Farmhouse B&B Gozo
Ranked #2 of 13 Qala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Owners Eva and Hans started by offering to pick me up from where I was staying in Victoria. I knew as soon as I saw their smiling faces that I would be very happy at their farmhouse. I had been traveling for weeks.
Their farmhouse is absolutely lovely. It is on top of a quiet hill in Qala and from my room-actually from my bed-I had a spectacular view of the Gozitan countryside, but mainly, the sea. The sea is a moderate walk down from that part of Qala. The "Blue Lagoon" of Comino Island and Malta were also in the view.
Their place is immaculately clean and fresh and spacious in every way. And I had plenty of privacy. My room was huge, with windows everywhere and two large terraces on the top floor. My bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in-I think they use "orthopedic" mattresses-and the bedding was down, I believe. Good in the winter because it can get chilly at night. Once again, thankfully very very clean. So restful. My bathroom was also very clean and nice-with plenty of towels- and I loved having hot water that didn't suddenly run out after about four minutes like elsewhere. At one of the hotels I needed to turn off the shower while washing in order to have warm water. I was there in the winter, and it can be quite chilly. And some hotels do not have heating. Not a big deal at all in general-I am a backpacker too- but a bit inconvenient for a hotel on principle, I think. And I am not talking about long showers.
Eva's cooking is lovely, so I chose to opt to dine with them every one of my seven nights there. Hans lit candles every night and the fireplace was going. We drank wines together and shared stories. We laughed a lot.
What's more, they have a sauna made with Gozitan stones by their pool. Amazing. It is authentic-with the wood-burning stove in the steam room and the adjoining room for cooling down. Plus the pool...A must-do!
There is so much more, but I'll finish by saying I left their place feeling completely restored and my skin was glowing after those saunas and the fresh sea air!
Thank you for EVERYTHING, Eva and Hans.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank KelleyFoxWines

Reviewed 11 December 2010

Our stay here was exactly what we were looking for - a beautiful location, wonderful view of the ocean and Comino/Malta, and very friendly hosts. Close proximity to the ferry, which made day trips to the main island very easy. Qala is a beautiful, quiet town. The room was very well furnished and comfortable, and the hosts made us feel very at home.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We stayed there for three days and were so glad that we chose the farmhouse. The view is spectacular, the best Gozo has to provide. We could see Comino from our room and at night it got even better coz the lights from Malta were visible.

The Farmhouse also has a sauna, which I used for the first time. I would highly recommend it especially to first time users. It was clean, comfortable and the dip in the pool after the sauna was an experience!!!!

The room was very clean and both Eva and Hans are very friendly. They introduced us to this local Austrian artist whose painting now hangs in our drawing room.

Skip the high end resorts and give this farmhouse a shot believe me you don't want to miss it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the beautiful Ferrieha Farmhouse. Our room was massive and beautifully appointed with outstanding views across to Comino and the Blue Lagoon. Hans and Eva were great hosts and made us very welcome.

Another great plus was our proximity to Qala's attractive centre and square - we loved the peace and tranquility of the Ferrieha's location and felt we had the best of both worlds with restaurants and bars just a few minutes walk away in the evening. We particulary enjoyed 22four restaurant and Zeppi's bar. By day, we were well located to discover the local area on foot or to explore the island in our hire car.

Overall, a great formula and we would not hesitate to recommend this and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2010

A fabulous house with great views and lovely rooms. Bathrooms spotless and gorgeous. Wonderful balconies and a lovely garden. Very helpful and hospitable. We did a tour of the island and didn't think too much of the villages and towns. Qala was ok and had places to eat which were nice, so this was the best location (near to the arrival port) and certainly a winning choice for accommodation. We wish Eva and Hans continuing success, it's a brilliant house and they run it very well. The weather was great too.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qala
9.6 km away
6.3 km away
The Duke Boutique Hotel
The Duke Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Victoria

Been to Ferrieha Farmhouse B&B Gozo? Share your experiences!