My wife and I had one night here at the end of a week in France.
Let's do the "could do better" first:
1. The shower in our en suite was feeble. Really, seriously bad. The shower in the tiny cabin on the ferry was a hundred times better.
2. We didn't use the outdoor pool, because of time and season; but if we'd wanted to, we wouldn't have. Tired and in need of a good clean, you wouldn't go out of your way to swim here, or to relax by it.
3. The bar service was very poor. Lovely people, but took an age to serve a gin & tonic and a beer. And it wasn't that busy either.
1. The building itself is spectacular, with incredible views.
2. Our room, in the main building, was lovely.
3. We didn't use the spa, but we did wander round it. Expensive treatments, but looked terrific.
4. The restaurant was tremendous. We had the most wonderful meal, the service was excellent and attentive, and the sommelier was extremely knowledgeable, suggesting an absolutely wonderful bottle of wine.
5. Service on the front desk was very helpful.
Overall, a lovely hotel. Very expensive, and needs a polish here and there, but well worth a visit for a special occasion. More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking