“Pleasant Meal, Great Wait Staff”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ardersier
Reviewed 28 October 2016

This is one of two restaurants in Ardersier. It was within walking distance of my inn. I had the steak and ale pie and it was delicious. I also ordered the sticky toffee pudding. It came with a garnish of strawberries which I am very allergic to and I kind of startled the waitress when my mouth overrode my brain and I stated very loudly I couldn't eat that or it would kill me (I am sooooo sorry!!) No problems though, as she took it back and brought me out a fresh one without strawberries. I must say out of all the sticky toffee puddings that I have sampled, their's is one of the best. I left full and satisfied. I will visit again when I return to the area.

1  Thank Susan K

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Very relaxing atmosphere! Good knowledge of gluten free. Excellent choices for all. Starters mor like a main meal. Trio of Scottish puddings for starter thoroughly enjoyed by my husband. Disappointed there was no cream for my liqueur coffee though as this was my choice for desert!

1  Thank evejax413369678
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Excellent Sunday Roast lunch, just what you need after a long week. Service good the Staff are pleasant and fun. I thoroughly recommend.

kt1l9900, Manager at The Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Glad you enjoyed your visit! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Used the pub over 4 nights while staying in the village. Reasonable choice with a few "specials" in addition. Good value and quality with friendly staff. Can be popular so booking may be advisable as the seating area in restaurant is small or eat in bar.

kt1l9900, Manager at The Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

We are glad you enjoyed dining with us whilst you stayed in the village! Hope to see yous again.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

With only five tables it could be nothing but personal. We went there two evenings and my husband had the steak and ale pie both times because he loved it. Flaky pastry. Fresh vegetables.