My husband and I with another couple of friends just got back from this resort (we stayed there the first week of February). Overall me and my husband enjoyed our stay there. The rooms are pretty clean and very modern, however the sleep quality was pretty poor and it was hard to find a room without noise. Our friends first stayed in the 2nd tower facing the parking lot and they had construction noise every morning. We stayed in first tower on the 5th floor ( which is really a 2nd floor) facing the parking lot and we had a constant humming from the air conditioner on the outside of the building ( the higher floor you go, the humming gets only stronger!) by the way the non-ocean view rooms are facing a perking lot, however it's not an ugly parking lot, it's actually a front entrance to the hotel with nicely decorated palm trees (in building 1) all the other buildings - the rooms with non-ocean view are actually partially ocean view! The food was pretty good and tasty in the buffet as well as 2 out of 3 el a carte restaurants. The choice was a bit limiting though, but that was probably bc the resort is rather small. The swimming pools there are beautiful and have one water slide. The beach area was nice too and cleaned daily. There wasn't too many shade umbrellas however on the beach, so come early to get a spot in a shade! Very few activities were offered by the hotel: aerobics and yoga by the pool, and then you could take kayaks, windsurfing, sailing on the beach. Atvs and sea-doos were available for extra charge. The drinks in the bar were ok. Not too much variety, and they don't know how to make a lot of drinks. In some bars the service was very slow... There was a disco at the resort, but it was pretty much empty. Every time we went there we were the only ones there. On the bright side, the djs would play any song that we would request, and even try to search for similar songs that we like themselves. Regarding the entertainment, there wasnt much. Just live music every day and once the had panamian dances night and once kareoke night. The crowd in the hotel is mainly older people, so if you are young and looking for lots of activities, fun and entertainment its probably not for you, but if you are a couple looking for a relaxed vacation, then its a pretty good place. Me and my husband really liked the country itself. We got a chance to go to Anton Valley to do zip lining through the rain forest as well as go on a jungle tour to see the panama canal. Both trips were pretty amazing. Lots of beautiful trees, saw different animals, and the country itself is not as poor as say Cuba or Dominican Respublic, so when you go to a market, they aren't trying desperately to sell you things. Overall not a bad experience if you are not looking for the "best" hotel you've ever been to, but a decent hotel that has things for your basic needs. The stuff was pretty friendly, but knowing some Spanish could help you, as not everyone could completely understand or speak English. By the way, on the weekend, there was an increased amount of south American tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort Panama/Santa Clara