All reviews hot tub pool area stayed here for nights great family vacation queen bed tables and chairs third floor during spring break staff was very friendly would definitely stay here again dishwasher units resort ocean beach balcony daytona
Reviewed 19 February 2011

my family and I just stayed at the dolphin for a little getaway. When i first reserved the room I will have to admit that I was a little nervous, but we had such a pleasnt surprise when we arrived! This place was great! so clean! The rooms are nothing special, but they were all that we needed. The atmosphere is great, so quiet! My husband and I sat out on the balcony and just listened to the ocean al night. The only con is that the bathroom doesnt have a fan in it, so the moister (and smells) stick around for awhile.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Orlandofun6
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stayed at DBC in Nov. 2010 as most of the reviews stated, not the RITZ but I was not expecting that anyway. The lower cost of points thru Bluegreen allowed us to take my brother and his wife along, which was great since he had never seen the ocean. My wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom with a parking lot view, but the room was ok, two bathrooms that we used as his and hers, small kitchen was nice. My brother stayed in a studio, ground floor facing the ocean with a great view. I would recommend getting a second floor studio for an even better view. Grills, Gazebo and Hot tub by heated pool was nice. Staff was great and friendly during our 4 days. I would stay their again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KMar76
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We are from Atlanta and we stayed for a week on our vacation and it was nice. The staff was very friendly.The outside pool area was nice also. The hot tub was not clean enough and my kids got itchy from the hot tub so they stayed out of it after that. The condo was small but nice for us - two bathrooms made the condo even better. Could have spent a little more money on a TV for the master bedroom. The dryers need to be better, and I think that is the only complaint I have. You did have to go on Mondays and/or Wednesday's to get fresh towels and other essentials.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Douglasvillemom
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Dolphin Beach Club is a small, older (converted motel) type resort located right on the Beach in Daytona Beach Shores. If you're looking for a casual laid back resort with a nice pool and beach access you will find it here. Nothing fancy so don't expect the Ritz... our room was an efficiency (1 queen bed and sofa sleeper, one room with divider) we were staying with our 5 year old grandson, and although it was smaller than other resorts, there was enough room for us to get by comfortably.... after all we spent 90% of the time out on the beach. Might be tight with 4 adults. The rooms have recently been updated and the furniture and bed were nice, clean and attractive. Bed was comfortable enough for us. Kitchen very small but I was able to make Mac/cheese, sandwiches, etc with no problem, full size fridge was nice too. Also have gas grills in the pool gazebo for grilling out if you want. Beach resorts always tend to show wear and tear more so than other resorts but they look to be trying to keep this up and in good shape. It is nothing fancy though. Of course the best thing about this resort is the Beach... and second best is the pool and pool area. There was a nice mix of guests during our stay, some elderly people along with some families with younger children and teenagers and there were a couple of young adult groups and honeymooners, so a good mix. Not alot of "planned activities" but after all we are there for the beach. They did provide some pool floats, etc for the kids and Monday morning free coffee and donuts were nice too. The staff was friendly as were most of the guests. Very causal atmosphere. We were on the 3rd floor and had a great view of the ocean, pelicans and even a few dolphins. I am a Bluegreen points member and had leftover points that could only be used at a "red" resort which is why I chose the Dolphin Beach Club. It is not as fancy as the Seabreeze, that is why it is classified as "red" but I would stay here again in the future, would probably try to get two rooms if I was coming with older grandkids or with other adults though.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank Ally4900
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The resort pool pic on this sites main page is from another resort and state. There are no mountains in Daytona. The actual pool is very nice and is right above the beach. During our stay, even though vehicles are allowed on the beach, the beach was uncrowded and beach auto traffic was minimal. The sand is very fine and when damp or wet, packs hard. Wet or dry, it is a great walking beach, even barefoot; no seaweed, trash, or hard shells to avoid.

The resorts beachfront units face Southeast, and the pool is btwn the resort and ocean, so by 4:30PM the sun has crossed to the front of the building, shading the pool. Our unit faced the parking lot rather than the ocean. There is a gazebo bar with 2 gas BBQ grills for guests to use. There is also a hot tub and sauna.

The unit was created by combining two motel rooms. There were 2 bathrooms, a bedroom, kitchen and living area with fold out sofa. The unit seemed clean and well maintained with the exception of the stove which had loose burners that wouldnt lay flat. Full fridge, micro, coffee maker, blender, toaster, small elec range and oven (stove top burners were loose and wouldn't lay flat), pans and dishes, dishsoap, and bath soap were included. The kitchen is only big enough for one person at a time. The living area is small because the standard motel room needed to include the kitchen, dining table, livingroom sofa & chair, end tables, TV and dresser. A lot of furniture in a small area. Overall, the unit is quite comfortable for two adults, and maybe an additional small child or two. It would be cramped for four adults. The staff is friendly and accomodating.

Daytona Beach Shores is a quieter location than central Daytona Beach; fewer restaurants, bars, stores, etc. Walk a couple blocks and there are three fun eateries under the bridge to the mainland, providing waterfront dining. About a mile north of Dolphin, is Publix supermarket where we found what we needed for preparing our beachfront grilled meals back at the resort.

The only significant disappointment was the humidity. Our unit had an air conditioner in the livingroom and one in the bedroom, but although we were able to create a chill in the room, we could not reduce the humidity to a comfortable level. It was so increadibly damp in the room that we could not sleep or get comfortable. We vacation in Florida regularly and we have never had a humidity issue like this before. As nice as the location, pool, and oceanfront location was, I will seek accomodations with better humidity control on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple