Dolphin Beach Club
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 159*
USD 151*
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 133*
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 127*
USD 118*
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 119*
Residence Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)
USD 187*
USD 156*
Residence Inn
USD 127*
USD 116*
Hampton.com
Bahama House(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 164*
USD 151*
Agoda.com
Sun Viking Lodge(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 100*
Dream Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 145*
Tropical Manor(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
USD 101*
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubpool areastayed here for nightsdvd playerqueen bedtables and chairsthird floorduring spring breakstaff was very friendlywould definitely stay here againdishwasherunitsoceanbeachbalconydaytonasauna
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Dolphin Beach Club is a small, older (converted motel) type resort located right on the Beach in Daytona Beach Shores. If you're looking for a casual laid back resort with a nice pool and beach access you will find it here. Nothing fancy so don't expect the Ritz... our room was an efficiency (1 queen bed and sofa sleeper, one room with divider) we were staying with our 5 year old grandson, and although it was smaller than other resorts, there was enough room for us to get by comfortably.... after all we spent 90% of the time out on the beach. Might be tight with 4 adults. The rooms have recently been updated and the furniture and bed were nice, clean and attractive. Bed was comfortable enough for us. Kitchen very small but I was able to make Mac/cheese, sandwiches, etc with no problem, full size fridge was nice too. Also have gas grills in the pool gazebo for grilling out if you want. Beach resorts always tend to show wear and tear more so than other resorts but they look to be trying to keep this up and in good shape. It is nothing fancy though. Of course the best thing about this resort is the Beach... and second best is the pool and pool area. There was a nice mix of guests during our stay, some elderly people along with some families with younger children and teenagers and there were a couple of young adult groups and honeymooners, so a good mix. Not alot of "planned activities" but after all we are there for the beach. They did provide some pool floats, etc for the kids and Monday morning free coffee and donuts were nice too. The staff was friendly as were most of the guests. Very causal atmosphere. We were on the 3rd floor and had a great view of the ocean, pelicans and even a few dolphins. I am a Bluegreen points member and had leftover points that could only be used at a "red" resort which is why I chose the Dolphin Beach Club. It is not as fancy as the Seabreeze, that is why it is classified as "red" but I would stay here again in the future, would probably try to get two rooms if I was coming with older grandkids or with other adults though.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank Ally4900
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The resort pool pic on this sites main page is from another resort and state. There are no mountains in Daytona. The actual pool is very nice and is right above the beach. During our stay, even though vehicles are allowed on the beach, the beach was uncrowded and beach auto traffic was minimal. The sand is very fine and when damp or wet, packs hard. Wet or dry, it is a great walking beach, even barefoot; no seaweed, trash, or hard shells to avoid.

The resorts beachfront units face Southeast, and the pool is btwn the resort and ocean, so by 4:30PM the sun has crossed to the front of the building, shading the pool. Our unit faced the parking lot rather than the ocean. There is a gazebo bar with 2 gas BBQ grills for guests to use. There is also a hot tub and sauna.

The unit was created by combining two motel rooms. There were 2 bathrooms, a bedroom, kitchen and living area with fold out sofa. The unit seemed clean and well maintained with the exception of the stove which had loose burners that wouldnt lay flat. Full fridge, micro, coffee maker, blender, toaster, small elec range and oven (stove top burners were loose and wouldn't lay flat), pans and dishes, dishsoap, and bath soap were included. The kitchen is only big enough for one person at a time. The living area is small because the standard motel room needed to include the kitchen, dining table, livingroom sofa & chair, end tables, TV and dresser. A lot of furniture in a small area. Overall, the unit is quite comfortable for two adults, and maybe an additional small child or two. It would be cramped for four adults. The staff is friendly and accomodating.

Daytona Beach Shores is a quieter location than central Daytona Beach; fewer restaurants, bars, stores, etc. Walk a couple blocks and there are three fun eateries under the bridge to the mainland, providing waterfront dining. About a mile north of Dolphin, is Publix supermarket where we found what we needed for preparing our beachfront grilled meals back at the resort.

The only significant disappointment was the humidity. Our unit had an air conditioner in the livingroom and one in the bedroom, but although we were able to create a chill in the room, we could not reduce the humidity to a comfortable level. It was so increadibly damp in the room that we could not sleep or get comfortable. We vacation in Florida regularly and we have never had a humidity issue like this before. As nice as the location, pool, and oceanfront location was, I will seek accomodations with better humidity control on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2views
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I've stayed at the Dolphin Beach Club twice - in June 2008 for a week and again for two weeks in August 2009. I got a fabulous deal for under $200 a week, so as long as the place was safe and clean, I wasn't going to complain much.

It's not the Ritz, but the place is well-run. I had to move from one room to another this time - which was a major pain. The first one's bathroom was nice. The second one's bathroom was... disgusting and very old and in desperate need of updating. The kitchens are 'basic' and the utensils, etc are hit and miss.

I had a 'studio' type room - there's a queen bed with an accordian-like room divider if needed. A sofa bed in the other half. It is comfortable for two people. The people next to me had FOUR adults in their room. (I have NO idea how they could manage that.) There is ample storage. I was fortunate to have a ground-floor room - larger balcony - the views were fabulous.

However, the convenience of the beach/pool was fabulous. I walked the beach most mornings at sunrise, laid out in the sun all day, came back for a late lunch & shower, and then walked for the sunset. There is a couple of gas grills for use in the pool area - great added feature. Problem is that some people let their music go a little too loud.

First week was like the retirement home's version of spring break. Was sort of creeped out by some of the older men staring and making comments when I was minding my own business laying out (in a tasteful bikini). The 2nd week (Labor Day Week) was completely different. Much younger crowd - woman about 200lbs strutting around in a thong. (There were children ALL over the place.) The dynamic of the other guests is quite diverse.

The staff is amenable enough. The people that are in charge of the massive cleaning undertaking on Saturdays was... scary and colorful. (Again, if you are coming for one week, won't be an issue.) They provide beach towels for use but they are like complete towel nazis about it.

Depending on what you pay for the place, it's decent enough. If you are there for the beach, having a fairly clean and safe place it's okay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank NativeAtlantaGirl
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Well, I have been an owner in Bluegreen for about 4 years and this by far is the worst place I have ever stayed that was considered a resort! The front of the building looks like a run down MOTEL not a resort. The room was a nice size, but for what it costs to be a Bluegreen owner, this was pitiful. The kitchen was so small that two people could not be in there together. The stove wobbled and the burners did not lay flat,so you couldn't cook anything evenly. The bathroom looked "nasty". The wood room divider had spider webs all over it and the electric outlets where not in the wall. The GOOD parts of this trip was being able to see the shuttle launch from the beach, the beach was beautiful and the view from the balcony was great!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BeachBabe47
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Love The Dolphin Beach Club! Having been an owner for 15 yrs.we acquired a second week . Now we spend 2 wks in march. Sure the place has had it share of ups and downs (hurricanes etc.) But they always manage to keep the guests happy . I have read lots of negative reviews, the only thing I can summarize is some people would never be satisified even if a week were given to them. As far as places to eat I have found lots within walking distance, No night life ? These people must have stayed in their room the entire time . There is a shuttle that runs up into Daytona pretty much all the time .I have raised a family with annual trips to Dolphin Beach Club and these are some of the best times my children and their children will experience.As Always Thank You To Staff Of Dolphin Beach Club Keep Up The GOOD WORK!!!!!

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple