All reviewslexington innhousekeeping managerfront deskocean frontbiscuits and gravyfree breakfastbagelsroom was largenice poolpool towelsthe breakfast areatwo queen bedsan older hotelpool deckoceanfront roombike weekfamily vacation
Reviewed 15 May 2018

First time staying and stayed last minute. Was absolutely gross. Boyfriend stepped in something wet on the floor. Bathrooms dirty. Everything was run down and just nasty. They say it's a family place but then there's a

Room Tip: Actually clean them
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank AmyS3236
Monica Q, General Manager at Daytona Beach Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi Amy S,

We were sorry to read your review that your stay was not enjoyable.Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I had a service animal and was charged without my consent for pets in the room. The hotel took the liberty of billing me an additional $235 to my cc. When I went to the front desk to inquire why she said maintenance reported it. I invited them to come see that I had only the one service animal and still was charged. I am having to fight it with my credit card co. Also, for the service animal I did have, there was no grass area for the dog to go to the bathroom... had to walk to a neighboring property. Another couple had their dog in the kiddie pool and adult pool and I let the front desk know as this was a health violation. The pool was never shut down or closed for treatment or testing. Guess I have to call the health department to make a report of their practices.

Room Tip: Older rooms, carpet smelled and was stained. One of the bed linens looked as if it had not been cleaned prior to making the bed for our stay.... will not be staying here again!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Monica Q, General Manager at Daytona Beach Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hello Ipoe261242,

I am sorry that you feel the charging for your 3 pets was incorrect. We are a pet friendly property and we do expect our guests to follow the rules of the hotel concerning pets. Many of my staff members witnessed the walking of all 3 of your animals in and around the property, when you came to the front desk to inquire about the charge to your credit card we did explain what that charge was for. You also never stated that one of your pets was a service animal at anytime. Again, I am sorry if you feel this is incorrect, but it is the policy of the property.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I would rate this hotel as one of the nastiest hotels I have ever stayed in. If it wasn't for the fact that it is right on the beach with ocean views (for the price). You just have to know what you are signing up for. I killed cock roaches in my room. The room looks and smells nasty and in very serious need of upgrading. The level of clientele matches the price, so expect loud, rowdy, obnoxious people. We were not there during spring break, but I would say, it's well suited for high school spring breakers who are looking for a cheap place to sleep on the beach. The design of the hotel has exterior hallways that are poorly lit and we did not feel safe there.

Room Tip: I had an ocean facing room. I saw their 2 BR Suite and it wasn't too bad, but not ocean facing.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Monica Q, General Manager at Daytona Beach Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Although I would have preferred you had a better stay, we highly appreciate your comments as these are helpful in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve our services.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The parking is a pain. Stop tight! Especially for an SUV. And I know it's probably out of their control, but the humidity was crazy. The rooms are carpeted and felt so gross. My dogs blanket was damp by the end of the day.. wish they had tile throughout. Bathrooms were small, so were the elevators.. one of them kept taking us all the way up before going down which was annoying. Definitely needs some renovation on those. BUT, the breakfast buffet was good, the pool was nice n spacious, the location was fabulous and again very good service. The suite, aside from the bathrooms, was very spacious as well. Everyone was very kind and helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Monica Q, General Manager at Daytona Beach Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello Quiomara,

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We booked 4 rooms to celebrate a family graduation. When we arrived at the hotel, Latoya went out of her way to provide EXCELLENT customer service. Upon our request she did her best to have our 4 rooms as close as possible. With a large family it made our stay so much more enjoyable. This is an older property, but the rooms and grounds were VERY clean. Breakfast had a wide variety and they were constantly re-stocking to ensure there was enough for everyone. Our children and grandchildren had a great time & we made some wonderful memories. We will definitely be back!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Monica Q, General Manager at Daytona Beach Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hello KimB,

Thank you for the amazing comments about the staff here at the Lexington Inn and especially about our wonderful Latoya. Guest service is our driving force and we are extremely happy to receive reviews like this!!! I will be sure to share your feedback with Latoya and other staff members. Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel and look forward to seeing you again!