“Great value for price”

China Village Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Basic needs met
As every budget hotel be prepared for small towels and soap.
Fridge worked great
Close to AC
Hard bed
This place is no longer called China Inn, I believe it is the same owners new name and renovations, same old furniture and linens.
Hotel is now called American Star

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2015

We stayed here on a Saturday night and spent $145. It is understandable that this was a weekend rate but this hotel was disgusting.

Hotel room was filthy, towels were thin dirty rags, no garbage can was supplied. Stains and holes in the carpet and walls added to the charm. It's the kind of place that could be charging an hourly rate & you sleep with one eye open.

Lobby was locked, you had to buzz in and you are instantly hit with an intense smell of disgusting perfume.

To top it all off, the showers did not drain. My husband took a shower while standing in two feet of built up water. When I explained the situation to the staff they said you have to push down on a plug to have it drain. When I took the housekeeper up to show me we both struggled and then finally watched the water slowly drain. I asked for a refund of sorts but this was refused. I told the lobby staff that I would be writing a review and she answered with 'we have ways to take them down'.

Please save yourselves from this place! Take note it is called AMERICAN STAR not China Village.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank JamieBreedon
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Me and my husband came to this room and booked for a week. When i went to the office to use the phone(The one in the room did not work) he told me it would cost me 15.00 min. He did let me use his phone but when i got off he asked if i was a massage student because he was looking for a massage student that wanted to make some money to go a little farther. Yes he was asking me if i were a prostitute. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! The room was horrible there was mold and bugs in the bathroom and when i told him of this he moved us to a worst room that had holes in the walls. We already paid so we had no choice but to stay but when it was time to check out at 10 am his wife banged on our door and told us to check out. My husband was not dressed and i told her that i would move the stuff out when i steped out the room she ran in the room and just stared at my husband.. I had to yell at her to leave so my husband could get dressed please go elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank parisg1221
Reviewed 28 October 2013

First and foremost I want to start by saying that I have stayed at this hotel about 10 times over the last 4 years.It is usually a reasonable price for the area and the fact that atlantic city is about five mies away.The big guy who usually manage the property's name is Muki i believe.In the past he has been very helpful in accommodating my girlfriend and I.In addition on more than one occasion he has called a taxi for us to go to the casinos and made sure we did't get ripped off.Unfortunately this last weekend that I stayed here he was nowhere to be found.We arrived at about 3pm fri afternoon.The check in area door was locked and an elderly woman told me to wait.I finally read the sign on the door which was written in poor english I Shoud add.The sign said to speak to the man who cleaned the rooms.Finding this man was a challenge but when I finally did he walked me to the office and I proceeded to check in.He couldn't speak english to well which made check in difficult.I showed him my reservation which I printed out and gave him my license.He copied it and tried to keep my reservation.I told him that the reservation belonged to me.He gave it back along with my license.Then he asked me if I paid for the reservation.I responded yes it says so on the reservation.The check in office was locked all of friday and Muki didn't show up till some time saturday night.This made my stay unpleasant. Becasue everytime I needed something like towels or toiletpaper I had to try to find the guy who cleaned the room.This wasn't enough to completely ruin my weekend however in the future I may decide to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: The rooms with the Jacuzzi in them are the best rooms in this place.They cost more but they are wort...