“Hope.”

Romanelli's Garden Cafe
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Full service bar Great Happy Hour drink and Food Specials 4-7 PM Daily at the bar Serving Breakfast & Dinner Early Bird Menu Prime Rib Specials on Weekends Daily Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Specials Reservation Accepted No Longer Doing Live Music on Saturdays
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I have never done a YELP or Trip Advisor Review before, but after suggestions decided to get an account just to rave about Romanelli's. While in town for a cheerleading competition, my family and I stopped here for dinner. I expected to find great food, friendly servers and large dessert selections after doing some Google searches. What I didn't expect to find, however, was my hope. You see, this was the first time we have been in public with my sweet Lex - my youngest who at 11 years old fights Leukemia. This was our first time out with her since she lost her hair. People were staring, we could sense her uneasiness.. and as any kid would, she began to tear up. At a loss of words and trying to fight back tears myself, I saw a server sit down next to her. After a few minutes of time with her, Lexi's countenance totally changed. She was happy, smiling and confident. They hugged and the server brought her over a drink with lemons all around the rim just to make her laugh - and she sat for a few more minutes wiping the tears from her face. We asked her what the server said and she told us "Mommy she had cancer too. She told me my bald head means that I'm stronger than anyone here. I'm strong Mommy! She showed me a picture of when she was bald - just like me! And her hair is growing back, you see Mom? You see? Her hair is so pretty now isn't it!?" Now, keep in mind, we have tried anything and everything to get our sweet girl to realize those exact words.. but perhaps hearing it from another fighter was all she needed. As if that wasn't enough, after Lex ate - as she always does, she got very sick. We went to the bathroom quietly and ended up throwing her coat out, covered in you know what. We've gotten good at hiding what really goes on behind closed doors, most people don't even know, but I guess that same server took notice of the coat being gone.. because on our way to the car, there she was - taking her North Face jacket off and giving it to my daughter. At a loss for words, we tried to give her money while thanking her. She hugged us - told us she was praying for us - refused the money - hugged Lex - told me "for years, my Mom did exactly what you are doing. Just as I did - and still do - exactly what your daughter does. You are both stronger than you realize, don't ever forget that" and walked away. My daughter has not taken that North Face off, talks constantly about her "new best friend at the eating place," and prays for her every night. In today's world, there is SO much bad. And even when there is good, it tends to be someone doing something for attention - if that makes sense. I have owned my own diner for years and I have never experienced or met anyone as sweet, humble or amazing as our server at Romanelli's. She quietly did what she did because of a pure soul - not for an extra tip, not for attention, not for recognition. And even when offered all of the above - she politely and quietly turned them down. My husband at one point asked what we could do for her, begging her to take the tip we had for her. She told us while refusing the hundred dollars to "keep kicking cancer's butt," that's all she wanted. That is unheard of and my words can not express my family's gratitude to her. Upon further investigation and speaking with the amazing owner, we took note that this server was new - very new. This was only her 2nd shift!! Bravo to Romanelli's for the amazing food - and for hiring the best of the best. Thank you for providing us with a server who saw past the bald head, sickness and struggle. Thank you for giving us our own taste of a true angel on earth. Food was excellent, service beyond words. nothing to say but..Thank you.

4  Thank ericababy1234

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Visited NJ for a cheer competition and were staying at the Marriott Vacation Villas. This restaurant was close by and you can never go wrong with Italian. The food was awesome. I had the blackened chicken Alfredo and the portion of the plate was enough for 2 meals. Our waitress was brand new and absolutely lovely. Hope we are able to come back next year!

DrewHuggard, Owner at Romanelli's Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thank you very much for this great review Robyn. We appreciate your kind and I will pass along to our team what a great job they did. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in Saturday night. We got seated right away. Atmosphere was nice a little dim. Our waitress was very attentive. My wife ordered the homemade ravioli. It came with her choice of salad. She enjoyed it very much. I ordered the Ravioli Florentine with crab with my choice of crab bisque. The ravioli is some of the best I ever had, in the top three anyway. We were too full for any type of dessert. We would definitely be coming back here. Lots of food for the money.

DrewHuggard, Owner at Romanelli's Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you very much for the great review, we are very happy you were pleased with everything. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

The food is just great and the portions are huge. The service is hit or miss. Sometimes very good, and other times very slow and inattentive. Great fish franchese and large turkey dinner. Terrific stuffing. Very we’ll decorated for the holidays. Reasonable prices. Plenty of parking. Worth the trip.

DrewHuggard, Owner at Romanelli's Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you Stewart for the great review, we appreciate the feed back on the service and will make that a priority to work on consistent service, these are things we aim to go above and beyond each and every day. Again we appreciate the feed back and hope you have a happy holiday!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We were staying in the area for the weekend and decided to give this place a try for a Friday night dinner. Started off with cocktails from the bar and a great appetizer. I moved on to She crab soup which was delicious, while my hubby chose the wedge salad...can't go wrong with that! I had the chicken pot pie for my entree...they put gnocchi in it...absolutely delightful! Hubby had a tasty veal dish. We were too stuffed to try any of the desserts! I took home half of my entree and ended up leaving it with my student at nearby Stockton University who thoroughly enjoyed it! The restaurant is lovely, the ambiance was romantic, the service was just the right amount of attentive without being intrusive. Would go again and recommend to friends!

DrewHuggard, Owner at Romanelli's Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you so much for the great review we really appreciate your feed back. Next time your in town we look forward to seeing you!

Drew Huggard