See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I am a constant visitor to this hotel due to business requirements. While it is still a container room hotel, it has very freindly staff. Thakurdas the Indian chef is specially worth mentioning. Not only does he cook well he is also constantly meeting guests to take care of individual needs. Feels home away from home

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ParadiseHotelLtdJuba, Owner at Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank your for your review. We at Paradise Hotel are constantly working to improve on our services. We have fully refurbished the interior of the rooms, layed cabro bricks on the coffee shop area and we strive to make sure our delicasies keep our guests coming back.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Been traveling to Juba and staying at the Paradise hotel since 2008. The rooms (prefabs) are getting a little worn but the food, veranda, restaurants, espresso machine, bar, and friendly staff make up for any shortcomings in room comforts. I feel like I'm coming home when I arrive and greeting old friends. Rooms were being refurbished last time I was there. I am a pretty rustic traveler and some more comfort oriented people might have a hard time here but for me it is perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room if one is available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I love the Chinese menu at Paradise Hotel. Every time I go it's always great. And you know Juba has plenty of Chinese and faux-Chinese food. You get plenty of food with your meal. The Sizzling Pork, Beef and Chicken are well-flavored, fantastic dishes. I usually see at least 3 tables with one of the Sizzling dishes whenever I arrive. I personally favor the Sizzling Beef.

The wait staff is okay - not super attentive. But the atmosphere of the restaurant itself is lovely. It's set up on the top floor of the hotel and open to the air. Good views of the city around you and there's an open area where you can watch the chefs prepare your meal.

Pros
Delish Chinese Food

Cons
Wait time - even when it's empty it takes a while.

Room Tip: No experience with the hotel itself; just with the attached restaurant
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LuxuryBathsOnly
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Food is amazing here. Period. I have no idea what everyone else is talking about. I've eaten her 20+ times and never been disappointed. They have a Chinese and Indian chef and they definitely know what they're doing. They make the food fresh and if you're seating upstairs it's got a great environment and you can even see the chefs making your food. The pizza is the best in town, probably the country then by proxy, and check out their chicken wings. + Best espressos I've ever had worldwide, including Italy (been to 40+ countries), tied with Nempanzu in Angola.

Power is on all the time now. I asked the manager what that was about in the past and he said it was due to a city-wide shortage of diesel, which is rectified now. + in Jan-March.2013 S. Sudan will be turning on the oil again so the country will be better funded as a whole going forward.

The internet I also asked him about and he says, just this week in fact, that they've switched providers (who were not providing what they should have been) and upgraded the bandwidth as well as the system as a whole. New server + per user bandwidth controls, so one user can't hog all the bandwidth. Around 1Mb dedicated in the evenings.

Staff is super friendly and my cloths come back, 100%, and very clean and ironed, even the t-shirts!!

+ I told him about traveler's forums such as this and asked if it was alright to give a promo code around these places. So he said to just use my name "Randy" and you'll get a 10% discount :) How cool is that??!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I Went to their restaurant upstairs this time to have lunch with our office rep in juba. we both ordered Chinese food from the restaurant and it tasted terrible.

I heard they make good pizza. but try to avoid their chinese food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business