See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2015

This hotel left a very good first impression on me when they replied to my email inquiry very promptly. Subsequent emails were also timely. This is important AFAIK hotels in Juba are not listed in any of the major booking sites. The hotel has a website. The lady at reception was very helpful.

They offer free airport pickup and dropoff, a total of USD 10 value. The buildings look like prefab structures but inside the rooms look fine. The A/C works which is important as Juba is very hot pretty much all year. The wifi worked surprisingly well and it is free. The room was very clean and there is a work desk and a table.

The restaurant is decent which is quite important in Juba as walking after dark is not recommended and transport is expensive. The lunch buffet for SSP 80 is a pretty good deal and the food is surprisingly good. I did not have the breakfast.

I hired a car the hotel called. When I told them that I needed to change money, they took me to a money changer that offered decidedly worse rates, by about 5%, than I later experienced. I suspect I may have been ripped off. There are boda bodas waiting outside the gate and the cost was SSP 5 for points in the old town.

Anywhere else in the world, this hotel and it prices would be considered incredibly expensive, but not in Juba where expat price levels are still very high.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2015

This was my first time in Juba and after hearing so much about the war and hostility, I really wsnt looking forward to but I had to go. the hassle at the airport is crazy but survivable....if I may use such a word. driving past big vehicles with very tall men standing at the back of pick-ups, send a chill down my spine, and I was so sure....I dint wanna be there....But guess what.....we got to the Juba grand Hotel, which at the time was like the most comfortable place you can be, and shock on me as we were welcomed by some pretty young ladies, who I still think are from either Eritrea or Ethiopia. BEAUTIFUL is the word. Good command of English and communication was not a problem at all. rooms are average....for bikers like us who sleep anywhere even by the road side, this was extremely comfortable to stay in. What caught my eye, is the food in the restaurant. Again, they have a variety of dishes, including, Ethiopian food. The recreational facilities are great, Gym, swimming pool. That was fun.....for those who enjoy a night out, with buddies.....James hotel, roof top is the place to be. Was happy to find Kenyan beers and some international beers as well. Make sure you go eat there zil zil tibs...which is an Ethiopian tradition meat served with Injera ( the traditional starch or Chapati or naan)

Room Tip: whatever room you are booked in, go in first to make sure the AC works.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank wacheramburu
Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

Service going down day after another. Ice Cube machine not working mostly and all the drinks are hot.

Room gets old and also bathrooms

A lot of new hotel start to pop up in juba .. then more competition .. they need to go up not down !!!!!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Quite nice location , next to restaurant ,nice spa , clean , good location easy access, friendly and help full staff , ample space for car parking , nice rooms , clean garden , did not try the food , beverages are OK.

Room Tip: Pool area is very good
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rasika W
Reviewed 28 December 2014

I visited Juba, South Sudan in November for work...this was my first time in Juba so I did not know what to expect. It's hot...very hot in Juba...the South Sudanese are very kind and gracious...they receive you with open arms. The Grand Juba is a very nice hotel, it is clean, neat and secure, the grounds are very pleasant and relaxing for an early evening stroll. The breakfast buffet has a variety of good food, including an omelet station. But...what stood out the most to me, what impressed me the most...was the staff at the Grand Juba! Every single person I met made me feel so welcome...the smiles were genuine, the assistance was plentiful, I was taken aback by how everyone displayed exemplary customer service! The staff at The Grand Juba actually cares about their customers comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind. Thank you Grand Juba for an absolutely wonderful time. A special THANK YOU to Mary...you made my stay exceptional!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business