“Great surprise!”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 26
Description: Brand new Italian restaurant in Stanley, County Durham
Description: Brand new Italian restaurant in Stanley, County Durham
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went for an evening meal as we were staying at Hotel 52 for the night.

The food was really good and the portion size was just right. Service was very efficient and welcoming. The chef even made a pizza for me that wasn’t on the menu.

Good range of drinks at reasonable prices too! Overall the very good value for money and if we were back in the area we would visit again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived in the quite period between after breakfast and before lunch. Dawn was in and made my breakfast. Think Dawn was the only person in. Very lovey to chat with. Wish more people were so nice to talk with when going out for food.

Very knowledgable on menu, food, opening times.

Local knowledge of Stanley very helpful as well.

Also great singer.

Thanks Dawn :)

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We went here on Saturday 10th March and ordered 2 courses for £7.95. My husband had the garlic bread with cheese and linguine bolognese. I had the potato skins with garlic and chicken pizza. The garlic bread was lovely as were the potato skins, the portions are really big. Both of our main courses were lovely as well. My granddaughter had the childs meal which was very good value for money, potato skins, pizza, ice cream and a drink of juice for £5.95. The only thing i'm disappointed with now is that they've stopped doing the two courses for £7.95 on a saturday lunch time. I had recommended it to my son and he was going to visit this Saturday but doubt he will now. There are a few italian restaurants which are the same distance away from us which serve just as nice food and are a lot cheaper than Pazzo so with their special being stopped on a saturday I think we'll just be visiting the italian restaurants that we usually go to.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

In a area not known for great food this place is a breath of fresh air I'm a big fan of the new head chef here having eaten her food before in another establishment and you can tell alot of thought and research has gone into her menu to be as authentic Italian as it can be. The place is clean and modern and the prices are unreal as well as daily offers. With a beer garden due to open this place has alot of potential and can maybe get Stanley on the culinary map. One criticism the blonde waitress was a bit ditsy and didn't really seem to know what she was doing but al be back with my mother and sister hopefully

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Pazzo this week to enjoy a meal with my family.

We started off with a cheesy garlic bread to share, which was very tasty and handmade! It also had plenty of melted cheese on top!

For the mains we had the arribiatta, bolognaise and lasagne; all dishes were nice but pretty standard, we were expecting more flavour!

For dessert we ordered 2 x death by chocolates & couldnt believe how big the servings were! The cake was amazing, had we known the portions were so big we would have shared one; never the less the second portion was not wasted we took it home to finish.

Service was great and prompt.

Prices were resonable, however dissapointed they didnt seem to have an evening menu with any offers.

Will return next time we are in the area.