“Perfect for a relaxing break”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
178CW1
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a relaxing break”
Reviewed 7 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

The descriptions do not do this house justice. The attention to detail is excellent and the house was equipped with everything we needed including all those things you often have to go out to buy.
The setting is wonderful and there are so many lovely touches which made our stay fabulous, but I don't want to spoil the surprise by mentioning them all. The hot tub is great and it was amazing to sit in it in the evening and watch the stars whilst drinking the prosecco our hosts thoughtfully provided. We even managed to summon the energy to use the tennis court.
It was lovely to get up in the morning and watch all the birds and other wildlife from the decking.
Our hosts were very helpful and were able to suggest some fantastic places to eat and to visit.
We will definitely try to return here very soon

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Susieploo...
“relaxing 4 nights away”
Reviewed 4 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

All I can say is EXCELLENT. All the little extras made the stay. From the chocolate jar to the teddies, a lot of thought has gone into making this a perfect place for relaxing. I will be visiting again.

Rona G
“Mrs ”
Reviewed 27 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Fantastic week end away. Elaine could not do enough for us. Every attention to detail . You do not miss a think. Perfection.

Grace960
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Perfection! ”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

A group of friends looking for a relaxing weekend in the countryside and we couldn't have asked for anything more! Beautiful location surrounded by beautiful views. Owners were more than accommodating, filling the house with everything to make it a home from home. On arrival there were fresh eggs, jug of milk and block of butter along with a bottle of prosecco and the necessities to warm up with cups of coffee and tea and plenty of chocolate snacks..to name a few. Dressing gowns and slippers were provided which came in handy when using the hot tub. Hot tub was exceptionally clean and surrounded by such peaceful views. We will definitely be back! 10/10

tlc_92
“Pitch black and no outdoor lighting ends in accidents”
Reviewed 25 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Before I explain the accident, I would like to say that the cottage itself was very very well kept and extremely comfortable.

It was perfectly sized for 4 adults and even had a bedroom for 2 children, which we didn't know about until we arrived.

The scenery was faultless and the views from the windows and hot tub were amazing. The housekeepers attention to detail was brill (aside from outdoor lighting) as they left prosecco, butter, eggs, teabags, coffee and more. We didn't know about this until arrival though so we had bought much of it beforehand.

The only downside is that there are absolutely no outdoor lights so when it gets dark outside, it literally is pitch black in the hot tub and garden, especially in October.

We balanced a torch on the balcony to shine over to us in the hot tub, which was fine, however, when it rained and we were getting out, it was impossible to see how far away the wooden ledge was at the bottom of the hot tub to the wooden steps leading back up to the property.

As a result of the lack of lighting and slippy floor, I stepped off the wooden ledge onto thin air as I misjudged the distance because I couldn't see anything. I banged my face on the wooden steps, sliced my finger open and banged my leg quite badly. I now have a bruise on my nose and a huge bruise from my right knee to right ankle alongside a sliced finger and am now in a lot of pain.

I don't think I would have fallen so badly if there was outdoor lighting so I could see my way. I especially think outdoor lighting is important if the weather is bad.

Overall I would recommend the property as it's a lovely place, but please be very very careful when using the hot tub!!!

I would also like to know if the housekeepers will be installing outside lighting such as solar lights or similar?

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing