1,459 results
All reviews garden room steam railway roll top bath voucher deal bottle of prosecco two night stay both nights lovely hotel patio doors strathspey railway loch garten four poster bed both mornings a bit tired open fire enjoyable stay relaxing break
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

The place has got so much potential, but it feels like it’s left a bit to its own devices.. the staff is clueless and the overall look is ok... it’s nothing special to be honest! Food is he only thing that saves it. They really should invest in a bit of restoration work (like redoing the carpets) and train their staff a bit better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Really did get great value for money. Room was warm and very clean and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Ate in the bar area in the evening and had a lovely meal in a well run bar. Very much enjoyed my stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Only spent one night here and it was ok. Had dinner on the Sunday and couldn't fault it. Lovely cozy bar to eat in, friendly staff and the roast dinner was fabulous value for money. The portion was huge, there were more veg than you would find in a carvery and the pork was very tender. This gave me some anticipation for breakfast but sadly I did not find it quite as enjoyable. The fruit salad,yoghurt etc was ok but I was disappointed in the hot stuff.
Our room was ok, very warm and cozy and the beds comfortable. There were ok facilities and the walkers shortbread was good! We did know in advance it was a shower over the bath but it was totally ineffective, a bit disappointing. To be honest I would go back but not to the same room. Good location.

Room Tip: They do offer garden rooms which looked good, especially if you have a dog as they opened straight onto a patio then the garden.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We visited through an Itison voucher with the 'unknown' in mind and couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. This was an impromptu midweek break where we were welcomed by friendly efficient staff and an upgrade! The room (101) was spacious with the added surprise of a rolled top bathtub in the lounge. The room was well furnished with large comfortable bed, two lounge chairs and coffee table and of course the 'bath'. Shower and bathroom facilities were fresh and bright with a lovely large shower cubicle, great power shower too. Dinner on the first night was very well presented and tasty, the bar area again was friendly, busy, and especially well behaved, dog friendly. Guest IPA was lovely as was local beer choice, if interested, there is quite a number of malt whiskey to choose from for all tastes.
Aviemore is only a short 4 mile drive with plenty of shopping for all tastes, or an off road walk away from traffic for us walker and dog lovers.
In summary I would highly recommend you test the water iin this boat! For a short or longer break, thank you Dean and your competent and attentive staff and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I cannot think of a worse hotel that I have ever stayed in. It was so bad it almost became funny. We booked in for two nights B&B and elected to have dinner on the first evening. The room was termed deluxe and it was almost OK despite lack of tissues and tumblers, oh and hot water. I cut my toe on a cracked tile in the bathroom that could easily have been fixed. But the real problems started at breakfast. The cereal bowls were dirty or at least the first four were so I didn't bother. The cutlery appeared to have dishwasher marks on most items but when I wiped them on my napkin - a dirty mark was left. A row of teapots beside the empty water urn vied for most dirty in room - all dull sticky and unsavoury looking. We ordered our cooked breakfast and then the fun began. The young woman serving the table looked embarrassed as she put the plates down. Mine was wrong, my wife's inedible. No problem taking them away. The next lot was worse and frankly I have never seen such bad plates of food. I gave up at that stage and just asked for the plate to be removed. My wife persevered and when the fifth plate arrived she was able to pick at a few bits of it.I went out for breakfast elsewhere. It is just inconceivable that any one could make such a mess of breakfast. We did complain, although we do that very rarely and find it stressful. When we came back in the late afternoon our deluxe bedroom had been 'done'. The duvet had been pulled up squint and left. Other than that the bed hadn't been touched. The pillows were as we left them and there were two big bum marks on the bed where the cleaners had watched a bit of telly to recover from their endeavours. The bath had not been cleaned, no soap and the shampoo etc was gone. The carpet had required hovering but wasn't. It was a really poor show. The general manager did apologise and deducted the cost of dinner( which was the best part of the stay despite two large TVs showing some sport and rock music competing) and wine from the bill but although a gesture it was far from mending the damage. All of these problems could be addressed with ease and some leadership. Heads should be hung in shame that this is what is dished up to visitors to this wonderful part of the country.

Room Tip: keep well away from this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple