See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Just back from Vaishali after a short two days trip. I must say before visiting I was quite apprehensive about this property, but it came out quite a nice experience. The rooms are quite spacious and even the toilets are spacious and prepared in western style complete with a tub and glass bath room. Furnishing is of good standard. The foods are good. The hospitality from the Managers were very good. Can be chosen for a weekend trip any day.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Siladitya B
Reviewed 26 February 2015

It is a moderate hotel with high price.
All rooms are almost same but 3rd floor rooms are new and quite better.
Food quantity and quality is good.
power cuts very frequently.
Don't wash your hair in the shower, your hair will be sticky and hard. I think the shower water isn't very pure.
Over all it's an average countryside hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are almost same but 3rd floor rooms are new and quite better.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Partha H
Reviewed 5 December 2014

It is not always easy to visit Vaishali. Especially if you have to make a long journey from Kusinagar to Patna or even further to Rajgir. This hotel provide just that much needed comfortable oasis in this remote village of Vaishali.

Rooms are clean and spacious if you opt to spend a night here. They offer free wifi, too. Otherwise you may just have your meal at the restaurant - nice food - and continue with your journey.

I am thankful that this hotel offers travellers the comfort during their trip in India, which can sometimes be very hard.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank KiAnanda
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We spent one night at the Vaishali, in January. For where we were, the room was adequate although cold at night. I suspect the marble floors helped keep it chilly. We had a portable heater, which is quite common for this time of year, as there was no central heat. This helped although the room was still cold and uncomfortable at night. There were frequent power outages and this compounded the situation with the heater. We didn't think we had hot water until we figured out that the color coding on the tub faucet was backward. The food was not good. From the outside, it is not a very appealing hotel and looks more like a prison compound with high walls and barbed wire.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bkirkatl
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had originally planned on spending 2 nights in Patna and driving one day up to Vaishali to visit the Budhist area. But we changed to it stay in Vaishali so we would have more time to visit. Big mistake, though the Vaishali Hotel appears to be fine, and I know this will sound a bit wierd, it has very bad energy. For instance, in the morning when we left the room to go to breakfast there were 3 young staff members waiting to do something - not sure what - escort to the breakfast room? Also outside our room window was a junk area where one of the young staff members was drying his clothes and playing his iPod. And, when we checked in, I asked for change, so I could provide a tip, but the front desk was able to provide. They said ask at the shop. Which I did, but they wouldn't unless we bought something. Great service at the hotel. I could go on and on - but the upshot is - don't stay here, stay in Patna and drive up for the day. The Budhist sites are great with fantastic energy.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple