“A grand design near Oban!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ardtorna B&B

Ardtorna B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Barcaldine B&B and Inns
Scotland
“A grand design near Oban!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Absolutely gorgeous B&B, purpose built - stunning views, immaculately presented - very modern and white walls/ bright colours chic! We were suitably impressed. Karen and Sean are lovely hosts, breakfast was great.

We were slightly split on the location - whilst it's great to have the 'getting away from it all' feeling, we ate in Oban each night/ went to McCaig's Tower, so had to repeat the drive a few times; we still had a great time though and actually chose to do a walk near the B&B which turned out to be perfect!

Lots of wee touches that really add up to a fantastic place to stay! We'd highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Ardtorna. I am delighted to hear that you liked the very modern design of the property.
It was a pleasure to meet you both, and i do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I cannot fault this fantastic B&B. I am almost reluctant to spread the word as this little gem should possibly be kept a well-guarded secret. To celebrate my graduation, my partner and I enjoyed 5* luxury in a fantastic location affording great views over the loch. From designer interiors, an amazing breakfast to little touches such as a free dram before bedtime, Ardtorna did not fail to deliver. Very friendly hosts made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed our complimentary wine upon arrival. A romantic retreat well worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Loulabella73
grovehouseconnel, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Ardtorna. it was a pleasure to meet you both, and chat to you during your stay. Delighted too to hear that you both enjoyed the design and facilities of our bed and breakfast.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I found this B&B on laterooms and was wowed by the interior and standard of hospitality so booked a cheaper rate room at £80. This was a bargain!

The rooms are lovely, contemporary, modern and absolutely stunning. Beautifully furnished and I loved all the little extras, chocolates, molton brown toiletries etc.

On arrival it was pitch black so I missed the turn in, much easier to see in the daytime (obviously) but as it's a dark sign its easy to miss in the night. After calling I was given directions and found it ok.

Karen and Sean welcomed me and were just lovely. Karen even made me scones with clotted cream and jam. (Karen if you ever need a lodger just ask!!)

I slept like a baby, especially after a relaxing jacuzzi.

Breakfast is chosen the night before, though I suspect if you changed your mind they would be ok with this. I was the only one staying the particular night I was there so had breakfast solo, this wasn't a problem as the lovely Fiona was there to chat to. Perfect boiled eggs too!

The only thing that was a tiny bit annoying was that they don't take credit card, this is written in massive letters on late rooms but somehow I missed it! Also no VAT receipt so not ideal for claiming back through work.

These 2 tiny things are barely worth mentioning though. Fantastic B&B, great food, incredibly welcoming and free baileys! What more could you ask?!

I whole heartedly recommend this place and will be telling all of my friends/family to pay them a visit!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Senttocoventry
sumarlidi67, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us recently. it was great to hear that the home made scones went down well, and that you were able to enjoy all our facilities at Ardtorna.

It was lovely to meet you, and I do hope to see you again next time you are up on business in the area again.

You paid reference to that fact that we do not take credit cards. We do , however , accept electronic bank transfers in addition to sterling cheques and cash. We are in the process of setting up for credit card facilities.
Forres, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

If the weather had been as warm as the welcome we got, I could have been in the Caribbean, as it was, I was on the West Coast of Scotland on a wet and miserable day but the Ardtorna B&B is definitely an oasis of calm and tremendous comfort.

The first impression is that the 5 stars could be for the view alone, which even the weather couldn't spoil. But, it's not only the view that will set this B&B apart from any that you may have thought were top of the tree. The attention to detail in the rooms, the high-end fixtures and fittings, the jacuzzi bath, the wi-fi, the huge bed, the iPod docking station/table lamp, the communal nespresso machine and the complimentary Isle of Jura Malt were just a taste of how much thought Karen and Sean have put into this truly beautiful place.

Having made my choice of cooked breakfast option the night before and going for the Ardtorna speciality of poached eggs on a bed of bacon with grilled Haloumi cheese with capers, I was in heaven. The selection of cereals, juices, teas, coffees and a home made fruit smoothie was fantastic and had it been a particularly heavy night, the option to make your own Bloody Mary with all the fixings was there as well.

To be honest, words could never do the Ardtorna true justice. You will just have to take my word for it. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed though...no matter what time of the year or whatever the weather is throwing at you.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RAFGolfnut40
sumarlidi67, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for your glowing review on your 2 night stay with us at Ardtorna. I am delighted to hear that you were most impressed with all we offer, and that you too appreciated our location.

it was a pleasure to meet you both, and to be able to chat to you during your stay. i do hope it will not be too long before you manage another trip up our way.
Whitburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stumbled upon this wee highland gem online and i can honestly say we havent stay at a better place in many a year.
Ardtorna wouldnt look out of place in Grand Designs, from the outside it looks magnificent, but once you get inside..wow, the whole place is immaculate we stayed in the Tioram room which had a Spa Bath which was magnificent.
I took my wife away as a surpise for our 20th anniversary and she was as was i gobsmacked.
Sean and Karen go out of their way to make you feel welcome, all the small touches like leaving a wee dram out for a night cap are what sets this place apart from anywhere else.
We will be back in the Spring time and i am sure we will be regular visitors in the future.
Oh and dont forget to book Spa passes with Ardtorna for Isle of Eriska.
We stayed for two nights and left feeling so relaxed and chilled out,if you want a wee treat then i would most definetely recommend Ardtorna.

Room Tip: Book Tioram, lovely relaxing Spa Bath