All reviews sunday bbq peace and quiet minute walk pool area sea view nice pool lovely hotel sandro cleaners receptionist hill sofa wifi pros fridge cons balcony
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stayed at the Vilamar from 14/05/2018 for 10 nights and had a lovely stay.
The hotel is about 10-15 minutes leisurely stroll into the centre of Luz the location is very peaceful.
Bearing in mind that we did go outside the high season, staff did say that August is very hectic as it's Portugal's main holiday time.
The room we had was 135 and is an annex in its own little garden just above the pool area.
The hotel itself was spotless and very well kept and has just been refurbished, the grounds are also lovely and very well kept as is the pool area.
The reception is open until 11pm (there will be someone in if there are late arrivals as we were) and you get a key to a side gate as well as your room.
The restaurant presently just serves snack foods, burgers and chips, omelettes, toasties etc and serves all day up until 9pm, we ate here several times, food is good and very reasonable prices. The kitchen as recently been upgraded and from 2019 they will be doing evening meals as well, the manager said that the cook is already working on the menu.
The staff are all fantastically friendly and helpful, not a bad word for any of them from gardeners to manager, receptionist, cook and cleaners, all very nice people.
Some points to think about, the rooms have no kettle or tea making facility or hairdryers, just a TV and small fridge, I believe irons are available to borrow from reception, we had our own anyway. We knew this from the start and so took our own kettle, and a cheap £6 toaster from Wilko (my wife likes toast as soon as she opens her eyes).
The Aircon is free as far as I know, we certainly had a remote in our room, but didn't really need it for this time of year, although the weather was lovely, the nights are a little cooler.
The TV has a few English channels and is a 32 led. Contrary to reviews saying the WiFi was slow, I found it pretty good, and even managed to watch a couple of football matches on my tablet in my room, and it's free.
Safe cost me 10euro for my 10 night stay, so about a euro a day.
In our 10 days, maids were in every day (bar Sunday) bedding was changed once and towels changed 2-3 times from memory, no complaints here, also several times we actually told cleaners not to bother, as we keep our room pretty tidy.
There was a shower gel dispenser in the shower and a soap dispenser by the sink, both kept refilled all stay, (nice touch) and if anything run short, toilet roll did once with us (probably because we told cleaners not to bother once or twice), you only have to ask and it's not a problem.
The shower was powerful and hot whatever time of day we used it, seasoned travellers will definitely know that this is a great bonus..lol.
Only thing I can't really comment on is the breakfast as we went room only, but from others reports, seemed to be a good mix with hot options as well as the usual continental.
Absolutely cannot fault this beautiful little hotel, especially for the price we paid and we would definitely use this wonderful place again.

Thank you Vilamar for a wonderfully relaxing stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hammerman
Sandro C, Gerente at Vilamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you very much for your thorough review. I think you covered about everything there is to cover! =)
We are definitely looking into coffee/tea making facilities, we don't know yet if it is from 2019 on or 2020, but definitely in the next two years.
Kind regards,
Vilamar Team.
(Costa)

Reviewed 25 May 2018

We spent one night at this property while on business in the western Algarve. We arrived very late at night, but the receptionist was still on duty and was extremely helpful and efficient. The room was large, clean and comfortable, although the bathroom could do with some updating. We had a ground floor room facing the road, so there a little road noise but not too much. The very large double bed only had 2 pillows, so that was a bit of a negative. But in e day.terms of value for money, it could not be faulted. Morning coffee overlooking the pool the next morning was a very pleasant way to start th

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 2.30am after a late flight from UK - door locked but lovely man came to let us in, showed us to our room and just told us to check in in the morning after we'd got some sleep :) lovely staff on the desk every day, and rooms were cleaned every day (you can opt to have towels and bedding changed more or less often when you check in). Room was really spacious and had a fridge but no other food prep facilities but that didn't bother us. The pool area is fab and is well looked after. Bus stop outside goes to Burgau or Lagos, or its a 10 min walk down to Praia De Luz with lots of food choices/lovely beach etc. Brilliant location, great price, friendly and relaxed staff - really pleased with our time spent here :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ella C
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Beautiful hotel, very quiet and peaceful. The staff are incredible can't do enough for you. The hotel grounds are kept beautiful and tidy. Our room was cleaned everyday. We only had food at the hotel once during our visit so can't really comment however what we did have was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kellie B
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I have just stayed here for 11 days. As I holiday on my own I pick quiet places and this was perfect. The grounds of the hotel are lovely, there is a man constantly tending to the gardens and the pool and areas are kept spotless. The rooms are spacious and kept spotless too by the cleaners. The staff are all lovely and friendly. The bar and food is very reasonable. The bar snacks are great. Joe does the food and bar, he made it for me. He is so sweet. I have made a friend in him. He was so friendly and looked out for me, he loves to chat with you. The walk down to Luz is about 20 minutes, where there is a spark, and some good restaurants, bars and cafes and the beach. I liked walking but if you dont fancy the walk back a taxi is cheap. There are buses into Lagos for 1.60 euro. To the left if the hotel there is a lovely cafe, only a 5-10 minute walk that does an amazing full English breakfast. I will definitely be going back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo