All reviews pool bar superior room air con pasta ice cream greek night lunch and dinner evening entertainment lardos village great holiday the main block pork restaurant staff three star entertainment team quiet pool water polo
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one week in August with two boys aged 10 & 12. Arrived quite late in evening, on checking in advised to go up for dinner first then go to room, which was good kids were starving, taken to room after which was in the second block/family block, its separate to the main building with its own bar and pool. The room was spacious but basic, nice balcony, the whole room had a tiled floor as did the bathroom, air conditioning fitted but not very strong for size of room, no shower screen/curtain in bathroom which personally I think is quite dangerous as water sprays out all over floor and it's very slippy, bath mat provided but very small and not changed at all during a one week stay, fresh towels and beds made everyday.
Restaurant is ok, it's very hot as it's upstairs and no air conditioning at all, we called it the pork and pasta restaurant as this was served pretty much everyday, 4 out of the 7 nights the show cooking was pasta??, and also a watery carbonara and bolognaise served everyday and chips of course, disappointing salad bar, feta and tomatoes mostly, not much else, not a massive amount of fresh fruit either, ice cream was very good. Breakfast consists of usual attempt of the full English, substitute bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms, didn't look massively appealing, no omelettes just pancakes, everyday which is great for kids and my boys loved them. Only wine, soft drinks and tea or coffee available in restaurant, wine is from a tap, it was of an ok standard. The drinks served in the bar are pretty bad, probably the worst I've had in an all inclusive setting, all spirits were 30%, I'm a gin drinker and didn't drink any gin for the whole holiday as it just didn't taste anything like gin, all clear spirits were tasteless, soft drinks from dispenser were sweet and very syrupy, not very nice at all, beer was drinkable. Hardly any snacks provided for kids which was evident by the amount of people buying pringles and haribo from the hotel shop.
On the plus it's a nice quiet location, you can walk to a nice little beach, it doesn't feel busy or crowded, staff all work really hard. Thankful that there was no loud music round pool areas and that you are not constantly mothered by animation crew to join in, which is often the case. The pool areas are nice, maybe wouldn't hurt to keep them a little better maintained, only saw it being cleaned once in a week, and in kids pool there visible wires hanging out from two under water light fittings, also air con in main reception area not working properly.
All in all I would class it as ok, I wouldn't return and I am pleased I didn't pay as much as some people had, it feels most things and services are provided by cutting as many corners and costs as possible, with a bit of care and attention it could be very nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We went in the trades (first 2 weeks of July) first of all the staff will do anything they can to accommodate you almost all of them are absolutely fantastic. Giannis the bar man and mario his assistant are absolutely amazing. Great banter and if you get to know them they will make you some pretty sweet drinks. One problem was the food was a bit repetitive, however, we spoke to the head chef one evening and suggested pizza and low and behold he had it for us two days later which went down a treat. One issue was one of the animators kris. We called him touchy feely (15 of us all met on holiday all disliked him) as suggested in the name he was a bit too touchy with the woman. He also kicked the dog that my girlfriend and I have brought home from there a wee stray that was floating around the hotel. He actually upset a lot of people partly by kicking Dennis (dog) and partly with his general creepy nature not a nice person to be around. Antonios the manager is absolutely amazing and the girls at reception are so lovely and helpful will do anything they can to help you. Would definitely go back again. In fact we are going back again in September hopefully.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank callum m
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Would definitely come back again and recommend to others. All inclusive and all different varieties of food available, activities are on a set timetable so you never get bored! Again a special thanks to the animation team for making our stay worth while (Chrys , Andrea , Giulia and Ilenia)! This holiday will be remembered x

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily J
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I appreciate its a 3 star hotel, but the standard of cleanliness leaves much to be desired. We had ants all through our room, the bathroom door didn't close and one of our kids was forced to sleep in a camp bed for the duration. As for all inclusive the restaurant has no air conditioning and there are flies everywhere. The main pool bar us very efficient, Ghainnis especially, the second pool bar is a joke...no regular person behind the bar and when they are they are either at the side of the shop smoking or chatting to other staff members. The animation team is again as expected however their leader Chris is very enthusiastic at a performance but grumpy as hell out with and doesn't even acknowledge you. Either Andrea or Gjuilia should be in charge very friendly and fun for the kids.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nisbet1
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

When I booked our holiday last year, I read the reviews for this hotel. After ignoring all the ones with poor spelling and grammar, I concluded that the good reviews far outweighs the bad. Shortly before we left for our holiday, I read the reviews again, and was slightly concerned that there appeared to be several more negative reviews. However once again, the hood outweighed the bad, and we set off with an open mind.

We arrived late, approx 22.45 and I was pleasantly surprised to be given some sandwiches after our journey. Nice touch olive garden! We were shown to our room - it was dark so we couldn't see much of the grounds at that time. The room was fine for our family of 4 (2 adults, 1 teenager and 1 four year old), a decent king sized bed with a firm mattress and firm pillows and a double sofa bed. It was clean and comfortable, the room was serviced daily and bedding and towels changed frequently - possibly not every day, but who changes bedding daily at home anyway?! One slight concern was that I couldn't get the air-con to switch off. It was perfect during the day but a bit much at night, however it didn't bother me enough to mention it to the management!

The meals were more than fine. Of course they won't be perfect, you've not paid for gourmet a la carte meals, so if you remember this you won't be disappointed. There was a cooking station that cooked something fresh in front of you each meal time - this was usually the tastiest option. However there was always pasta and sauces, chips, potatoes, rice or couscous, veg and a good selection of chicken, fish or pork to choose from. A wide variety of fresh salads and fresh fruit, delicious bread and a Greek option. Yes, very occasionally it was possible to see the leftovers had been transformed/reused the following day, but only on things that wouldn't spoil, and who can say they don't use leftovers at home! I'm glad they aren't wasteful!

The animation team were lovely. 3 of the 4 made a point of introducing themselves to us, and always chatted to us in passing. Although none of us were interested in joining in any of the plentiful activities on offer, they didn't hold it against us, or pressure us into joining in. My youngest loved the mini disco, although she didn't join in! The Greek night was fab!

We spent most of our time in the family pool to the back of the complex. The bars were ok - beer was fine, spirits ok, however the cocktails were a bit sickly! The soft drinks weren't too great either, but my eldest was fine with what they had, and my youngest doesn't drink fizzy drinks anyway.

Yes there's a few bugs and things. It's a hot country, it's summer, deal with it! There's quite a few ants but they didn't trouble us at all. I don't think it's any reflection on the cleanliness of the hotel, I think it's just nature! Some nights were worse than others for mozzies, so make sure you take plenty of deterrent and bite relief just in case.

At first I was a bit concerned that the hotel seemed a bit remote. However, if you follow the path at the rear of the hotel, a 10 minute stroll brings you to the beach. There's also a supermarket and great restaurant too. The beach is mainly pebbly, but the sea bed is sandy once you negotiate the sharp pebbles (beach shoes are recommended, or do what I did and wear your flip flops into the sea, then tuck them into you bikini!) The sea is quite shallow for a good way too.

Lardos village is a short taxi ride away (€6-8) with some lovely restaurants (valantina's!) and there's a Greek night I the village every other Saturday. Well worth a visit!

There's a bus stop right outside the hotel. Pefkos and Lindos take 10/20 mins on the bus and it costs €1.80 each way (adults and over 12s). You can get a bus into Rhodes town from there too, costing €5.40. Well worth a visit, beautiful town, but the bus ride is 1 hour 40 each way!

All in all its a very pleasant family hotel. Not too big, not too small. I'd definitely go back there. We didn't want to come home - always the sign of a great holiday! Thank you olive garden!

6  Thank calex237