All reviewsmain buildingshuttle busgreek nightwater taxilovely hotelpool barhalf boardbreakfast and dinnerdrinks packagetui repgreat saladsquiz nightbungalow roommini fridgerestaurant stafffunicular railwayand vice versa
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were very pleased with our overall stay at skiathos blu ,the stafff are very friendly and nothing is too much ,we had a bungalow with a garden view which was very apt for us but it was basically a standard room with small balcony and our view was an olive tree but tbh we like to get out and about so that didn't worry us .rooms were cleaned daily too.
The pool area was immaculately kept and plenty of beds
There is a walk down 300 odd steps to the beach which had a taverna/bar was the making of this hotel -views are amazing ,water clear and a water taxi to take you to the town if needed ( the lovely taxi man was always magically there if you needed a lift to & from the beach if you couldn't manage the steps )
All in all we loved this hotel & island ,BUT please ask when the end of season week is before booking ( we were not told this) so after arriving on the fri were told that the beach taverna closed on the sat for the season ( which was so annoying due to my love of spending one evening only there) by the Weds staff were packing away the umbrellas ,canopys & beds over the next few days by the pool ,friends we made told us that they were running out of plastic glasses too ,It just made you feel a little " in the way" & uncomfortable
We shall surely recommend this hotel but not in the last week of the season

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Skiathos Blu is a fantastic hotel. It is fantastic for a number of different reasons but if I was to sum it all up - it is really because you felt as if everyone in the hotel really cared about you and your overall experience.

We stayed in the partial sea view room - to be honest I would necessarily stay in this room again - only because I think any room type would be nice really. If you find walking a challenge I wouldn't however book the bungalows - if you find yourself at the bottom it is quite the walk back up to the top!

The food was really lovely and I think the half board option worked out quite well really.

We also had the added experience of Mark out Thompson/TIU rep who was fantastic.

I could write more - but I am genuinely quite fussy - and I just think I couldn't really fault the hotel - it was fab.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lee M
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this year because I saw an article about the renovation and I noticed that the pictures were extremely different when I visited the area. The decoration from the images I saw in internet was totally different, the service not satisfied and the venue too old.

Stayed: September 2017
4  Thank jamesnorton2004
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Spectacular views - warm friendly staff - food on the whole good, plenty of variety but as with any stay in one place did get a little tedious by the end of the week - room in the hotel good , clean, with balcony and quiet
Very regular shuttle bus to take you to the bus stop or the beach
We hired a jeep to have a look around quite disappointing -yes loads of beaches but no nice villages, beautiful scenery the only real places that we found were 2 lovely monistries and of course Skiathos Town
We weren't aware that it is known as a very exclusive island therefore prices are higher and they were, it is also very small with a lot of very and I mean very rough rises
The hotels position being so high left us feeling quite isolated in the evening with no chance of going for a stroll and a drink, there was very little entertainment to enjoy
This is rated as a 4 star hotel - no way it is closer to 3 star
There are a lot of little things that let it down - tea / coffee 1day only ( take your own ) only shampoo and shower gel in bathroom, poor quality, drinks very expensive, - pool bar very limited, little entertainment as mentioned
We cannot comment on the bungalows, only to say that from the hotel they looked liked concrete blocks on a steep hillside
This hotel is most definitely out of bounds if you have any form of disability, the lift in the grounds did not appear to be working and there is no lift in the hotel
I am afraid although it is beautiful this Greek Island is not for us

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I sent a complaint to Thomson about the overall experience and they denied everything and said that my opinion is subjective....of course it is, its an opinion....
This was my experience:
I'm not normally one to complain however the overall experience was underwhelming and disappointing to say the least. I have been travelling to Greece for 30 years, not every year, however very frequently and have stayed in all of the Island Groups, I haven't used a package holiday for around the last 25 years as it has been better to travel independently however I thought it would make a change given that adverts and online brochures look very inviting.....I wish I hadn't!!
Firstly the flight out was absolutely fine and a good start. We arrived in Skiathos very relaxed and looked forward to having all our hassles taken care of... then it all went a bit pear shaped. When we looked for our private transfer to our resort it wasn't there, even though we had paid and arranged this. I approached a member of your team to ask where mine was. She didn't have my name on her list for the hotel let alone the private transfer. She very rudely demanded to see my paperwork, which I provided. She then hurried us outside and we were shoved into a taxi with another couple who were staying at another resort who were dropped off on the way. Not great but things do happen and a stressful start. My girlfriend was quite annoyed. When we arrived at the hotel we were even more disappointed. It is nothing like the brochure. In our view its extremely shabby. The plastered walls were off colour and badly done and the whole place has a slightly run down feel. The room we were allocated had a nice view apart from of the pool area which is just a mass of concrete with an old pool in the middle. Again nothing like the brochure and not the relaxing chic environment that is described. We didn't spend one minute of the entire trip around there as we found it depressing.
The room we were in was tiny, I asked for a bigger room and was willing to pay extra however the reception staff told me this wasn't possible. Still we promised to make the best of it.
We then walked down to the beach area. This is excellent, Avaton is the standard that we expected. No surprise though that this isn't Private to the hotel or even owned by Thomson so again we felt misled however this was such a lovely spot we spent the majority of our days there. We didn't mind walking down the 350 or so stepped down to the Beach however the bus shuttle would have been nice on the way back however we may have just been unlucky but it was never ever there. Apart from the last day when I discovered it parked outside a shop down the road, this was when we were going back to the hotel to check out. It’s an unmarked minibus so it was purely by chance I found out this was for Skiathos Blu.
The breakfast was fine and the evening meal was ok. We only had it twice even though we paid half board. Reason being is that the buffet starts relatively late if you have any plans afterwards. The water bus into town only runs every hour and the hassle to walk down the 350 steps to the beach and wait, then have a slow journey to town meant that if you wanted dinner and use this method you wouldn't arrive in town until after 9pm which is late. If you wanted a taxi into town then it’s an extra 30 euros per day on your trip... I don't understand why you don't run a free town transfers via mini bus for your guests.
However the worst thing of the trip was the noise from the rep on microphone during the events he hosted. We had gone away for a relaxing break only to have a microphone blasting out quiz questions, music blaring etc etc. I have no problem with this other than this should be pointed out to guests staying in the rooms over the bar area prior to booking. Following the entertainment guests then sat directly beneath our room on the kind of concrete patio area drinking and smoking until the early hours. When they finally staggered to bed they were replaced with people coming back from clubbing that sat there until the morning. We got no sleep on a few occasions.
This got so bad we actually left the hotel.

We spent the last few days of our holiday at another hotel. Cape Kanapista is much better. Quieter, better facilities, better views, the rooms were three times the size of Skiathos Blu and it's closer to the beach. We were shocked to discover that this is cheaper and is also available through your competitor Thomas Cook. We managed to sleep there and enjoyed it very much.
When we went back to Skiathos Blu to check out and leave, guess what...... we didn't have a Private Transfer booked and we weren't on the list....Mark the rep kindly managed to arrange one for us last minute, however given that this happened on the way in you would have thought they would have ensured it certainly didn't happen on the way out !!
Overall a thoroughly disappointing experience with Thomson, we actually feel like we have been ripped off like when you buy something of the internet and when it arrives its rubbish. You can return those goods though, unfortunately you cannot return a holiday !!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple