All reviews eden restaurant spa treatments eden suite our honeymoon spectacular location perfect stay great spa northern part lunch package compared to other hotels dinner reservations outdoor pool pica pica special touch standard room the cliff rooms are nice
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The hotel is gorgeous, the room and the view just incredible.
Honestly, one of the most beautiful settings.

The service however is just bad!
For the price we pay, I would expect to have bottles of water in the room everyday (no just on the first day and otherwise we need to pay), fresh towels, enough hair conditionner replaced everyday and toilet paper added everyday.

We ordered room service twice, and twice there wasn't enough cutlery.

The pool is not heated and thus freezing cold, no one is getting in it.

The service super slow.

Overall, beautiful location but not a 5 star hotel because of the poor service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Amelia M
HaciendaNaXamena, Director of Sales at Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Amelia,

Thank you for your kind stay and visit, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are very happy you enjoyed the room, the view and found the settings, and overall design and layout "one of the most beautiful". :)

Concerning your less positive feedback, we take your mention on our service to continue progressing. We are always improving and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to show you :)

Regarding the complementary bottled water, indeed, you have upon arrival, a tailored free bottle of water, and subsequently you will find two bottles in the mini-bar replaced daily or on demand depending on your necessities and consumption. All amenities are replaced daily, and we apologise if this was not the case. We do replace all amenities on a daily basis according to your consumption. We will look into your reservation to see what could have happened, so we can improve. As you know, our front desk team is available 24 hours a day at your disposal if you need anything: towels, necessities, water, etc :)

All in all, we are sad to hear we were not able to deliver the 100% pristine experience our guests have grown use to and appreciate, but we hope we can have a second opportunity to do so.

I remain at your disposal for anything else, and very much look forward to welcome you again in the future!

With our very best regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I just returned from a beautiful trip to Spain. Ibiza, however, in particular the Hacienda Na Xamena has much to do and much to learn. This hotel, at best, is a 2 star hotel. The hotel is tired, plain, dirty and the design is cheesy and in poor taste. The only redeeming quality is the view. We were suppose to stay 3 nights, we only stayed 1 night. The service people around the pool are very young, casual, inarticulate, lazy and just all around poor. Not only that, the clientele are glazed over, club hopping euro trash who are rude, entitled and crass. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank JulianneandCarl
HaciendaNaXamena, Director of Sales at Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Mrs. Julianne, Madam,

Thank you for your visit, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are sad to hear you did not enjoy your - 1 night - with us. We do apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We truly think you did not like our unique and exclusive vibe and atmosphere - because it is indeed special and different. We re-create a vibe, unique in its style, reason for which we ask that you have an open heart and open your senses to really experience the resort and enjoy all our facilities.

Also, we humbly believe that in 1 night you have no time to see everyhting we can offfer, our resort is large, spacious, a little bit of labyrthing in which getting list is part of the charm.... And lastly, we feel you come to a very rush conclusion about our teams, which are informal but discreet and always attentive and elegant. That being said, we do take your feedback into account and will pass it on so we can further improve.

Again, we apologise for you not enjoying the vibe.

We remain at your disposal for anything else you wish to add,

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Short summary:
Stunning hotel where you can make a great holiday so long as you avoid the cascades and the restaurant, and be patient with the waiting and housekeeping staff, and avoid any situation that might require communicating with hotel management.

***** Food allergies?? *****
If you have a food allergy or intolerance I would strongly advise you to read the final section about the incident and avoid this place at all costs.

If it wasn't for the serious incident in the restaurant, the staff actions, and afterwards, the management trying to suggest it was my own fault, this review would have been 4 stars. As it stands - zero plus lots of bad feelings.

Five star:
If you expect the level of service that normally comes with a 5 star hotel, prepare to be underwhelmed and occasionally frustrated.

Overall we were happy with the hotel - the price paid was reflective of the location/rooms rather than quality of services. We visited mid season - September - paying double the price of a 5 star all-inclusive in platja d'en bossa, for a standard B&B room (with sea view).

The hotel:
The hotel is in a beautiful location with outstanding views across the hills and sea.
It is prettily decorated with interesting pieces of art, and is built quirkily into the side of a cliff.
We had a modern, light spacious room with sea view, neutral colours and organic furnishings.
The outdoor pool area was perfect for swimming and relaxing, and the grounds were full of foliage to give a secluded feel even in the public areas. Initially it was very easy to wind down here.
This hotel was lacking in a few areas which was sometimes disappointing because the potential of this place is incredible (poor management comes into play!)
Small points - housekeeping failed to keep our kettle supplied with water or replace tea bags. Service around the pool was pretty slow (understaffed). And the showers didn't drain fast enough to avoid small floods!
The reception staff and concierge were efficient and professional and a pleasure to deal with.
The hotel duty manager seemed pleasant until we asked for feedback after making a complaint.
Other small points - not enough bilingual/front of house staff in the breakfast room. One staff member was overworked whilst the others meandered around. The quality of the breakfasts were pleasing. For GF non meat eaters there was salted cod, smoked salmon, salad, plenty of fruit, eggs cooked to order and nuts. There was gluten free bread and alternatives to cows milk.

Activities:
We tried the cascades (additional cost) - It was a series of Jacuzzis, allowing 5 minutes in each with stunning views across the sea. A bit of an odd experience like sheep being ushered through a dip :) we found it quite humorous. I'm sure some would find it romantic!
Due to the seclusion of the hotel, you will have to walk about 3km to a beach, or take a car (there are no foot paths) This wasn't a problem for us as we enjoyed the very hilly cycle rides from the hotel. Try to get to the small Benirras beach nearby which is sheltered and laid back with excellent swimming.
Ibiza town is only 30mins away by cab, at around 35euros. The restaurants and ambience there are truly amazing. San Antonio and it's sunset strip is also nearby. I would strongly advise you to dine anywhere other than the hotel. If worried about the cost of taxis, then the savings on decent wine, in small local restaurants will more than cover that.

The Incident:
I follow a strict gluten and dairy free diet, I become quite unwell if I have either. The hotel were happy to host us and assured us that we could be catered for. The first day in the bar, I was offered the hummus as safe, which on arrival looked suspicious so I questioned it - the bar staff checked and said it was definitely OK for me. I ate the dish and later I was ill and spent the day in my room - I assumed it was caused by a virgin mojito that looked brown (we now think that was only sugar and not the source of the problem)
Our first evening meal in the restaurant involved plenty of to-ing and fro-ing of waiting staff and swapping of the servers and eventually I was informed of the dishes that I could have. All good that night. The second night after pondering the menu for some time a member of staff asked if I would like to view the allergen menu - that was an epiphany moment!! After all the time spent shuffling around!
I selected dishes that were highlighted as both GF/DF. I'm moderately suspicious of the mixed veg which I think contained gluten even though unmarked as such.
So on our third visit - I chose the tuna - which is marked as both DF/GF (actually most dishes were marked as safe for me).
The tuna arrived in a dark brown sauce/oriental style and immediately the alarm bells went off. I asked the waitress what the sauce was and she stated it was soy sauce. (The menu stated it was a vegetable sauce) . I asked her to check, explaining that all but specialist soy sauces contained gluten/wheat. She went to check and another waiter immediately came back to say the sauce was OK for me. We asked for the other meals to be placed on hold until the query was resolved and asked them to please check the bottle because this was highly unusual. He came back and said he had checked the bottle and it was ok and they served everyone's meals. I was still not happy and asked to see the bottle. He stated that the bottle was too big to bring into the dining room. I said no problem and gave him my camera and asked for him to photograph the label so I could view it myself.
This time the waiter disappeared for some time.
My friends were almost through their meals by the time he returned.
He came back with a photo of a vinegar bottle nutritional label (no ingredients) and with him was a small bottle of Chinese oyster sauce. Quite clearly on the label in Spanish was the ingredient - trigo (wheat).
I explained that this was gluten and I couldn't eat it and they offered me a different meal but everyone else had nearly finished theirs at this point so I declined and went without dinner that night.
So obviously we have some serious issues here.
What happened to the large bottle? what happened to the soy sauce? why was the waiter gone so long (over 10 minutes)? Do the catering staff genuinely not know that wheat is gluten?
We could see all the staff huddled in a corner discussing the situation and eventually one came over and offered us a free drink and we accepted a bottle of wine on the house. Still no apology/explanation though.
At this point i'm reeling because even though I'm sensitive to gluten, I'm also actually very allergic to lobster so the outcome in previous days could have been very different.
The following day we spoke to the duty manager and the incident hadn't been reported to her. We explained the situation and were offered a free spa but we declined and explained we would rather she spoke to the staff and come back with an explanation of how this could have happened, some analysis of the timeline of events and a plan of how they tend to address the lack of essential skills in that department. EU law states that food outlets must fully display the allergens contained in the food. She was very pleasant and apologetic.
Still no feedback the following day, as requested, so we asked for a follow up meeting. It became clear that no changes had been made as a result of the incident. She stated that there was an allergen menu and I should have read it before ordering (I re-iterated that the menu said the meals were fine) . She then stated that I should try ordering only vegetables because that was safer as in Spain they didn't really understand allergies (!!!). Until this point we had been very happy and smiley and keen to help the hotel improve their service, but at this point I let my feelings be known and informed them strongly that it was a management issue that the staff were allowed to behave like this, that EU law (Consumers Regulation - EU FIC). made it her job to ensure incidents like this did not happen and that trying to blame me for the incident was totally incredulous! We asked for the entire meal to be refunded, which at first she declined saying that I hadn't paid for the tuna so the issue was already resolved. I explained that we would have never used the restaurant if we had known that I wouldn't be able to eat there. It all became a bit surreal and I couldn't believe that this line of conversation was actually happening.
Needless to say it placed a very dark cloud over what would have been a pleasant stay.
As others have stated in their reviews, the management handle complaints by trying to place the onus on the client, when instead they should be viewed as an opportunity to improve their services. The hotel clearly rests on its laurels but as it's becoming slightly tired/grubby around the edges, this won't be the case for very much longer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duckfantastic
HaciendaNaXamena, General Manager at Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Guest, Duck Fantastic,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank for taking the time to write this extensive review.

We are happy to learn out that overall, you were happy with the hotel, his location and their rooms, that you find our hotel in a beautiful location with outstanding views across the hills and sea, and that you like his pretty decoration. All our rooms are modern, light spacious, everyone with sea view, neutral colors and organic furnishings.

We thank you for your feedback about your relax feeling around the pool and the public areas, and your congratulations about our reception and guest relation staff with who you found pleasure dealing with.

Referring to the food, we appreciate your feedback of the quality of our breakfast buffet and his great choice of food, to make happy clients of different nationalities and different ways of diets. Definitively, we may understand that the so big part of your commentary is only about a misunderstanding that you had with the restaurant staff about your strict gluten and dairy free diet. We confirm that you did read our allergens book before ordering your dish; in the description it was clearly written that the plate had soya sauce, with the tuna and the roasted vegetables juice: we are in good standing with the law of allergens, and the best proof is that you immediately received the allergen book at the same moment that you wanted order your food. We respect the different diets and are as attentive as possible, as service but not nutritionist restaurant staff. Despite the doubt that has been passed on to our waiters referring to the soy sauce during your dinner, these have shown their attention by offering you your bottle of wine. On the day after, our Duty Manager has been at your disposal when you have exposed your soy sauce concern in your dish and she has also ensured you the best possible attention in your diet; she also offered you a spa gift. In all these moments, you did receive the attention of the members of our staff immediately, despite the comfort and friendliness they could have received in these moments. We do apologise for the confusion caused by our waiter, and we will use your feedback to further train our teams on nutritional factors.
All in all, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, and found great comfort and relaxation.
We hope to see you soon again, and receive you with our restaurant staff more train on nutritional values.

With our best regards,

Sabina & the Hacienda Na Xamena team <3

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Much more than just a view . The hotel is in harmony with its surroundings. Quit , peacfully and luxurious. All rooms and common spaces are connected to the outside, and the view gets better with every footstep you make .

This hotel is nothing like any other 5 star on the island. Here luxury lies in simplicity as well , and no other hotel can top the service and personal attention that the na xamena team provides. I have rarely seen a hotel offering a temporary room so you can enjoy the pool after check out.
It's the perfect location for couples to enjoy a romantic getaway in Ibiza. Don't be afraid of the road. It's 30 minutes from playa den bossa and the 5 minute Beautiful road in the mountains is all you need to leave the hectic ibiza behind.

Some other great things.. very spacious rooms with a bath in the middle of it , big sun loungers for 2 people at the pool , amazing pool bar, breakfast at the pool and the cascadas suspendisas is an unforgettable experience......

We had a fabulous stay at the hotel , and a special thank you to Silvia from booking department, Stéphanie from guest relations and the entire team. They gided us from our first enquiry till check out . Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank youri w

Dear Youri,

Thank you very very much for sensing our vibe. We very much appreciate you staying with us, and also sharing your experience here.

I truly do not have much to add since i truly feel your have understood our concept, what we try to re-create, and how to live it. You understand that our road is indeed a filter to leave the other Ibiza behind, and our diverse sun loungers were you can enjoy 2 seaters or individual ones :) Everything in your comment just reflects our mission.

We will make sure to pass your comment on to Stephanie and Silvia, they will very much appreciate this special mention ;)

We truly look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again!

Please get in touch with me directly in the email below.

Again, a very profound thank you. <3

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Absolutely loved our stay at Hacienda for our 20th wedding celebration. Stayed for 5 nights in one of their superior rooms. Simply some of the most beautiful scenery.

The staff went out of their way to make guests happy and comfortable - it's a top 10/10 for smiles, excellent food, beautiful location.

We also enjoyed the mix of customers from all over the world without any particular region dominating.

Very few families, mostly couples and a wonderful pool which was too good to leave so we ended up enjoying the prime location and hotel facilities. Excellent walking along the hills directly from the hotel.

We've been to many places around the world and I'd be happy to recommend this to a large group of people who are looking for a truly beautiful hotel with matching service.

Room Tip: worth paying for the delux room with balcony
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ange609
HaciendaNaXamena, Director of Sales at Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Ange, Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay and choosing us to celebrate this important celebration! Also a very big thank you for such sharing such a beautiful feedback here with the community.

We are very happy you enjoyed your time with us, and more specifically you enjoyed the superior room. Your feedback on our team and our smiles makes us very happy and motivates us to continue to offer magical experiences :)

Your comment on the our view and positioning is not new, (we nonetheless thank you for it!), but your mention to simply take a walk in the surrounding hills and nature of the resort is rather new, and we are happy you enjoyed this and you recommend it. Indeed, we recommend it to our guests as well if they wish to see some nice view and discover what Ibiza is really about :)

All in all, we are very happy you chose us to celebrate this magical event, and we thank you also for taking the time to share your experience.

We truly hope to see you again next season or sometime in the future for more magical moments and a memorable and rejuvenating experience. Remember that you always find the best rates by booking direct! ;)

At your disposal should you wish to add anything else,

Again thank you.

With our very warmest regards,