Stunning views, total relaxation. Girls couple of days chill out. Fabulous.
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included
Having spent two nights here in May 2010 my boyfriend and I will definitely be back. The hotel had just opened for the season and so was a bit too quiet but the staff and service were excellent. And the view! Love it here.
I brought my then girlfriend (now fiancee) on a surprise stay at this hotel while holidaying in Ibiza. It was amazing. After proposing on a scenic viewing platform in the surrounding forst hills (with views for miles of the coastline), we stayed at the hotel and were impressed from beginning to end. The staff were extremely friendly and helped me organise the perfect stay, even arranging for a bouquet of specific flowers to be at our room upon arrival. The views are mind-blowingly picturesque, the facilities are immaculate, the spa treatments went down a treat and the food was of Michelin quality.
The relaxing ambience is unbeatable and the staff will go that extra mile for their visitors.
I highly recommend this place for a peaceful and relaxing stay, for couples, family gatherings, young or old.
We will certainly return at some point in the future!!!
My now fiance proposed to me at the top of the mountain adjacent to the hotel on Sept 6th 2011, so this hotel was really special for me. Afterwards he announced we were staying in the Hacienda for the night!
When we checked in the receptionist showed us to our room - they had liased with my fiance (with no trouble), to have a bunch of beautiful, fresh white flowers waiting for me in the bedroom. The room was gorgeous with a breathtaking view of the sea... They also gave us a bowl of fresh fruit with a bottle of Cava to enjoy on our terrace.
We then had a swim in the pool and a tasty lunch on the terrace, where the amazing views were visible all the time! Wow. It really is a stunning location.
I had a full body massage which was really relaxing and one of the best I've had (even despite some sunburn on my back!) and afterwards we had a dip in the salt water cascades/jacuzzis just before sunset. They were really special - different strength water pressure in each adjoining jacuzzi, set into the cliffside with a totally unobstructed view.
THE SUNSET HERE IS SPECTACULAR! It's on the northwest coast so perfect for sunsets...
Dinner was really outstanding - my fiance had pre-ordered a tasters menu so we had a sample of lots of foods with gorgeous wine.
The bed was really comfy - the room had a jacuzzi over by the window. It was so romantic...
Breakfast was a buffet or anything you wanted to order from the breakfast menu. It was second to none - and I'm used to a full Irish on occasion.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was so beautiful and romantic...
A great place for couples.
the location and views are sublime, probably best on the island with dramatic cliffs. the hotel itself has a good feel with nice playfull architecture. the outdoor pool area and eden restaurants are very nicely done. the indoor pool is a bit dated and uninviting. the Cascades spa is somewhat gimmicky but as part of a package, fun to do - again mostly for the views. the rooms are spacious and nicely done. for a 5-star they could do some upgrades including more maintenance on the finishings (bathroom paint, sealants), more international channels on the tv and/or movies, coffee/tea maker, etc.
the hotel overall shows some wear/tear and provisional repairs.
the staff are generally friendly but could be a bit more pro-active.
Found food overall to be good with a complete breakfast buffet. the only major disappointment is the pricing of the food. it tastes good but for the prices charged the portions are quite small and very limited finishings. a basic hamburger lunch with fries running at 25eur without salad or other trimmings is steep. this applies to pretty much everything on the menu. we read several reviews prior to our visit with similar comments and would agree with them.
we were in the off-season (October) so the hotel was quite empty - can imagine that in peak season it may be a bit restless a.o. due to wooden flooring in the hallways which make lot of noise.
altogether a pleasant stay and certainly recommend the offseason package we got. at full list price, we would consider it overpriced.
We had our second trip to the Hacienda this September. We were there the same time last year, and when we got engaged in December, knew instantly it was where we wanted to get married. Arranging our wedding with the Hacienda from London was a breeze - so easy, very efficient and we never once had to visit during the planning phase - everything was very easily managed by email. We were not disappointed when we arrived - the hotel was as glorious as we remembered and we spent the days leading up to the wedding enjoying the sunshine, swimming and having fun with our friends and family - NOT racing around organising tiny details for the wedding - Agate from the hotel had taken care of everything. The food all week, and especially at the wedding was incredible and nothing was too much trouble for the lovely and very polite staff.
We'll be back every year. For a summary, here are some of the high points, and things to know in case they matter to you:
- Attention to detail - for the wedding, attention to detail was incredible - they had thought of things we hadn't, and it was all done to the highest quality and without fuss. Nothing was too much trouble at all. We had the very best wedding imaginable, and our friends and family have all commented on how effortless and fun it was (we danced until 4am - not something you'd ever be able to do in the UK)
- The view - astounding
- The sun deck - great sun loungers, loads of towels, good bar service to your lounger - no reason to leave the hotel!
- The food - fantastic food and a good wine list
- Housekeeping - really good attention to detail - everything spotlessly clean each day
- Breakfast - excellent range. We ate breakfast late each day and then lasted through until dinner (good way to keep costs down a bit)
- Service - very friendly, nice staff, very prompt to respond to requests
Things to know about (not necessarily bad, but good to note if it's important to you)
- The gym - could use updating and it's very small. However, if it's a relaxing holiday you want, you don't want to be in the gym all day. There are some good places you can run or go walking if you don't mind hill and track running
- Wi-Fi - there is free wi-fi throughout the hotel, which is okay, but would sometimes drop out a bit
- Mobile reception - virtually no signal in the hotel or beside the pool. You can get reception if you stand outside in front of reception, but that's not ideal. Again, great for people who really want to get away from it all
- Cost - yes, it's an expensive holiday. But never did we feel like it wasn't money worth spending - we never felt like value for money was bad. You pay for the holiday, but you get full value from what you've paid (especially when it comes to the food - really lovely).
- Bathrooms - could be brought up to date. They're a bit outdated for a 5 star hotel
- Lack of iPod docks - would be a good addition to the rooms