All reviews pool bar is sandwich maker next year air con the hotel staff cleaned every day year after year shower tray yum yum lovely family shower head crazy golf bedding and towels kept clean and tidy bathroom floor our room was cleaned kitchen area
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I've just returned, along with 45 members of my family from staying at the Amarylis for my wedding. We never expected a fuss or for anyone to go over the top, however we did think that we would be greeted with good customer service as my family had booked out half of the hotel for 2 weeks!
We have been to Greece many times so we know basic, but this hotel was just stingy. Only allowed 1 key, even families with teenage children, 1 towel and no hand towel, no bath mat and only 1 pillow. (My sister requested a second pillow, it never materialised).

We were charged €45 per week for air con so expected this to work well. However during our second week the electricity tripped and turned everything off every time we tried to use it. Reception staff were extremely chauvinistic towards me, talking to me like I was stupid. It took a whole day to fix. The solution was to rip out the faulty trip switch, so God forbid if there was anything faulty, we would have been in trouble.

I believe that the hotel staff were rude and obnoxious because they were in debates with Thomas Cook about their room rates. However, it was far from professional the way we were treated.

The only saving grace to this hotel was Anna's pool bar (who has nothing to do with the running of the hotel). Anna and her sons went above and beyond to make our stay and wedding extremely special.

1  Thank sammiew_12
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Very poor hotel, key didn't work staff pulled face over giving second key. Showers are useless kept going hot and cold and nowhere to put shower head while showering. Cleaners don't clean your room. Staff very miserable and grunt at you if you say "good morning". Beds very uncomfortable. Only plus side was Anna's pool bar was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Nikos P, Διευθυντής at Amarylis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for your review at our hotel. It must be known that the hotel policy to date was not to responding to the customer's critique. From now on, politics is changing and will respond to those who delve into the truth and do not objectively judge the hotel. Unfortunately for us, we are in the unhappy position to answer you and restore the truth! We really recognize that there was a problem in the hotel's electronic lock, and that is why we gave you an extra key to open the door. As for the rest you mentioned, we would appreciate it during your stay you came to the reception area and express, the problems you encounter on the premises of the hotel, which, if you did not do so during your stay at the hotel, we did not know. We might have been able to change your room, but instead preferred the particular gentleman to write on a secure site, not of course in an objective but subjective way, and restore everything as you left the hotel. I like to think that elected discovered the problems in the hotel during your stay, but it was all fine. Since I know you never came to the reception area to let you know what they were writing (problems that might have existed) outside the locks. We are human beings and we must have the courage and morale to speak for ourselves in order to solve the problems presented. Writing behind websites doesn't honor you.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Horrific customer service would never stay here again check out is at 12 manager was at my room at 11 with cleaners kicking my family with 3 small children out when I said checkout was 22 the answer was take it up with Thomas cook
Avoid like the plague

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review at our hotel. You should be aware that the hotel policy to date was not to respond to the customer's criticism. From now on, politics is changing and will respond to those who sink the truth and do not objectively judge others. Unfortunately for us, we are in the unpleasant position of answering you and restoring the truth! The hotel manager approached your room in the morning at 11:40 and informed you that you had to deliver the room in 20 minutes because the new customers were already at the reception and they are waiting with their children to enter the room and they also had to K Atharistei by the staff. Because your flight was the next morning, we suggested that you and your family move to another room at an extra charge until your departure. Because your reservation was until Thursday 23/8/18 and 12:00. Instead of answering us what you want, you closed us in a violent and aggressive way the door of the room without respect to any of the hotel staff. I knocked on the door again and you opened it and informed you that your way was not right and you had no right to knock on the doors in such a way as to create a problem in the hotel. As for the fact that you and your three children flew out of the room, please think again about what you did during your stay and what problems you created in your family and at the hotel. We have photographs in the possession of how exemplary you were watching yourself and your children.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Pool bar lovely and staff were very friendly this is the only nice thing about the hotel.... if you are lucky enough to have a trouble free hotel room (we moved rooms after 4 days as our previous room was like a police cell!!) and amenities then you may like this place. If however, you suffer any sort of issue with your accommodation expect nothing but aggressive confrontation and intimidation from the useless hotel management when complaining I had hands in my face slamming of his hands on the desk all because I asked for extra towels as I had slipped and hurt my back when stepping out the discusting shower! Absolutely discusting manners and both father and son shouldn’t run a hotel dam right rude nasty and nothing but aggressive!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! No wonder Thomas cook have opted out of this hotel!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nikos P, Διευθυντής at Amarylis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please be aware that the policy of the hotel so far has not been to respond to customer criticism. From now on, politics is changing and responding to those who plunge into the truth and do not objectively judge each other. Unfortunately, we are in the disgruntled position to answer and restore our truth and name. We remind you that when you closed a holiday package with Thomas Cook, you booked a room for 2 people and a specific studio room type1. When you came to our hotel we requested a larger room with capacity for 3 people. We told you that you had booked a room for 2 people according to the thomas cook specifications and that on that day we were not able to do so despite our desire and our effort to help you move to another room without having to pay extra (unfair to other hotel guests). Then we suggested that you stay for 3 days in this room (which as you mentioned in your review was like a prison cell, but you have paid for your tickets). I will try with the first departure to take you to rooms with more space and not have to pay for this thing that other hotels would not you did not pay too much expensive room. We also offered you a bottle of free wine for the days you are in this room but you have not gotten it from your badness you almost threw us on our face. After 3 days and after we have transferred you to a larger studio of 2, 3 people, although you have not paid for it in the business and without requesting extra charge for the larger room as promised on your arrival and without listening to a thank you and gratitude for the staff and the hotel owner who personally served you. We understand that the word thank you do not know about the effort we have made to serve you! Because she moved the above lady forgot to say the word thank you, but instead had to find new problems and this was no longer with the room but with the daily change of towels and bed linen! Unfortunately, we informed you that with Thomas Cook we have agreed to change all the above 2 times a week. The agreement that we have with the company and according to the money that the Thomas Cook gives us is the daily cleaning of the room and changing linen and towels is twice a week! as you know the changes to you personally, they were at least daily because the lady was throwing them daily in the bathroom. (I wonder if she does so at home). To explain to a man what agreements we have signed and what obligations we have towards customers does not seem right to say. And she blames us for not having good ways because I did not meet her demands. With your requirements, we were urged to separate you from the other hotel guests. To say a thank you to one, the person needs soul and strength.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Returned again this year but for two weeks this time. Not much has change from/see LAST YEARS REVIEW. The managers still a bit of a misery unless your paying for aircon etc then you may get a smirk, Any way just a few points our bed linen was changed every 4th day, they only supply two towels those were changed every 3rd day. We purchased two vg hand towels for 2eu each from the inexpensive supermarket across the road. Overall a good complex, no worries, enjoyed ourselves & sure you will.

Room tip: rooms by pool bar will get noise until 12ish
Date of stay: June 2018