All reviews greek night next year washing up liquid nothing is too much trouble plenty of sunbeds minute walk olive groves sweet revenge owners and staff memory foam year after year horse and carriage table tennis table olympic holidays great holiday fantastic hotel self catering
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We haven't booked a package holiday for 13 years so booking with olympic 6 weeks in advance did make us a bit nervous. We flew with Strategic Airlines - great, would recommend. On arrival at the hotel all fear ebbed away. The hotel is just out of the main resort, which is a bonus if you like it quiet.

The hotel is modern and immaculately clean. The staff are friendly, warm and genuine. The Kitchen is one the cleanest I have seen and the pool area is so well kept and the pool sparkles. We traveled with our little girl who is nine and the apartment is big enough. The spare bed is a proper bed, not a pull out and there is ample space. The maid service is excellent and the towels are plentiful.

I can't really say enough about the staff. The food is more snack bar stuff, omlettes, salads etc but on the 2 nights it was too hot for us to bothered to walk anywhere and we ate in, it was perfectly fine and very reasonable. Happy Hour is great, 7.30 until 9.30, great prices and the cocktails are fab.

The walk into town is 15 mins, 5 mins to supermarket, and the choice of bars and restaurants is endless. This isn't a sleepy greek village, it has a water-park (worth a visit if you have young ones), crazy golf x 2/3, a few discos for anyone who can stay up that late. The beach is 10 mins away and is very well catered. Lined with chilled out bars with plenty of choice and some great chill out music in the background. A very nice vibe down there. It is quieter on the northern end of the beach if you fancy the walk.

Restaurants we would recommend are the Balcony hotel, if your not up for the up-hill walk it's worth the 4 Euros in a taxi. Go before sunset and watch, breathtaking! Benikos, just off the main walk in is very very good. King Prawn is superb, very slick, great wine, a bit extra but worth every penny - don't bother with the paella though - leave that one to the Spanish! Popeyes is just great. Very reasonable, vast menu and the staff just can't do enough. It's not a romantic dinner for 2 place but if you want great food at great prices it is probably the best. The olive tree is just perfect, bit more than most but worth every penny, couples and families are catered for, don't mix up with olive garden.

Back to the Zante Star. We can't wait to go back. Will be booking as soon as we can. If I had to pick one thing, not that it bothered us, if you struggle with steps/mobility probably not for you. It is set into a hill side and although the walk to town etc is pretty much flat there are stairs going up to the hotel. Apart from that, I can't think if 1 bad point.

Book and enjoy.

PS, Pay for the aircon, it's worth it. God it was hot!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank familyward01
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Will return simple as that brilliant appartments, perfect staff, spotlessly clean and great rooms.10 min to beach, 15 min to tsilivi centre. Returned on the 14th July with my fiance and I am planning on returning very soon. Thankyou to everyone at the zante star. Great food at the apartments aswell luvvly club sandwich.
Our eating out recommendations would be Romios and benikos.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank DNBCASE
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Unbelievable place to stay, went for my wifes 50th,me my wife, my son and his wife, my daughter and boyfriend, and my 2 grandchildren all looked after well, family run aparthotel nothing is to much trouble, balloons and champagne for my wifes birthday, breakfast very good 5 euros for a full English toast and tea,juice etc, snacks in the day cheaper than outside hotel,pool was fantastic no overcrowding plenty of sunbeds, happy hour 7/9 2 euros a large beer cocktails 3 euros, rooms were cleaned every day except Sunday, I have been going to Tsilivi for 10 years now to visit my wifes family out there, and this is by far the best place i have stayed in, a big thankyou to Irene, Helena, Tula, and Anna for making our stay so fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank BigAlan10
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Spacious self-catering apartments overlooking the beautiful swimming pool. Staff here are so friendly, Irene, Helena & Tula make you so welcome. 5 min to supermarket, 10 mins to the beach and 15 minutes to Tsilivi town. The food here is good value for money, espcially the cooked breakfast. Drinks are cheaper than in town, especially Happy Hour 7--9pm! Here you will find the lovely Anna ready with her cocktail shaker! You must try the Zante Star special! The hotel is very clean, the pool has plenty of sun loungers. The 'games night' was great fun - join in with the pub quiz, bingo and horse racing! Will definately come back here - we had such a relaxing time!! Thank you x

Room Tip: A inland view is best, facing the pool
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LondonJay73
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Just got home and still feel under the spell of this hotel, I consider myself well travelled having stayed in very exclusive 5 star resorts,what they lacked is what the Zante star has in bucket loads great people! They are the warmest friendliest hoteliers you will ever find they treat you as if you are staying in thier home.
The hotel rooms are very basic typicaly Greek but spotlessly clean as were sheets and towels we have a six month old baby and a liitle boy the staff were great with them and nothing was too much our little boy loved each and every one of the staff.
There is a great atmosphere and a real community feel around the pool and bar that I have not experienced anywhere else, as a couple and as a family we never return to destinations or hotels the charm of the Zante star has changed our opinion if you go to this part of Zante you are mad not to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011