We had a great time in this villa and are strongly considering to come back in a years time. Without a doubt we give this a five star rating.
What we liked:
- The view overlooking vineyards and hills in the background
- The privacy
- The (regularly cleaned) swimming pool
- The hospitality of Nancy and her family
- The olive, lemon, fig and pear trees
- The air conditioning
- The cleaning every other day
- The lights around the house that go on automatically in the evening
- More than enough space within and around the house for our party of 2 adults and 2 children
- The location providing easy access (in our rental car) to all island destinations ; away from mass tourism
The only points to be aware of:
- Rural environment comes with some noises (roosters, dogs) may wake you up in the morning; they did not disturb us
- Beds a teeny bit short for people of Northern European height
- No dish towel in the kitchen ( but pool and bath room towels are provided )
- there are a lot of wasps near the poolside.
We booked the villa whilst visiting the area for a friends wedding and extended it for our own holiday and so glad we did . From the moment we arrived and being shown around you could tell the villa was excellent quality and a lot of thought had gone into the layout and decor and with the utilities. It was cleaned for us every other day with the pool cleaned every evening. We received a welcoming bottle of local wine and fresh fruit , plus the garden has lemon and apricot trees that were just ripe whilst we were there.All around the villa are vineyards that were just coming into fruit and goats and chickens also next door . The location was good and central for the wedding and the reception it is so quiet but not far in a car to the beaches towns/ restaurants or hotels or any where really including the airport approx 15 mins. we hired a car but the taxis are also quite good and inexpensive no roads were busy although using GPS can get you on some narrow tracks. Nancy popped in a number of times to check if everything was OK or to see if we needed anything which was nice. i would definitely recommend to friends or family and would look to come back in the future.
Being a last minute booking and the first to stay in the Villa, we were not sure what to expect. However Villa Vigneto quickly won our family over with its chic decor, immaculate landscape and a warm friendly welcome from Nancy and family.
The location is perfect to explore all the islands beauty or just have a relaxing day at the pool away from the normal tourist route.
Mini market, restaurants, beach and water park are all within easy reach. The Villa is cleaned every other day including the pool and outside area.
Tsilivi beach was best for kids with its shallow waters while Zakynthos Town square is a must see at night. A quick 30min drive to Keri and your able to hire a boat for about 4 hours giving you the chance to explore the caves, snorkel, see turtles or just enjoy the breath taking scenery.
For a really tasty meal head to Peppermint restaurant in Argasi the seafood risotto or the pork with mushroom sauce are to die for.
Nancy, Adrianos and Thanos are always on hand to help or give tips on the best places to visit making our holiday that much more special.
We can't wait to be back next year.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|People with pets|