“Idyllic Stylish Taverna - Gluten-Free? Of course!”
Review of The Olive Lounge

The Olive Lounge
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Lourdata
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

You're probably already on cloud nine when you arrive at this coastal, hillside taverna on a summer's evening. The hip rustic decor, the bustle on the terrace, the sea breeze and the setting sun are a sensory experience to treasure. It's always busy, therefore wise to book, but the charming owner runs a tight ship, and as most greek restauranteurs, she is ever-present and involved. If there's a wait for a table, you can sit at the lovely bar and take in the ambience (and some liquids). It's hard to tell how much the atmosphere influences our memory of the food and wine, but on both occasions we visited, we had fabulous traditional greek food, beautifully cooked and well-presented. Not the cheapest in the area but still reasonable and worth the money. Gluten-free options for my daughter? "Of course!" They were ahead of the game on this. Even GF pasta. Swordfish was dreamy. The Moussaka wasn't piping hot but we later discovered that Greek food is traditionally served slightly less hot for digestion. The house white, served by the litre, was delicious. "Can we really drink a whole litre of wine?" we asked on our first night in Kefalonia. Answers on a postcard... ;-) Yamas!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Visited the night before they closed for the season in October 2017. Party of 4 and no reservation, as the lady hadn't answered my email. She did later apologise and we were found a table by a lovely polite young girl. Awesome starters and desserts, but my main meal , the liver dish was out of this world. The other 3 had beautiful meals also. Not the cheapest place to eat but worth the money. I suggest you book prior to visit as it gets very busy. Will without a doubt go here again next year when we return. Thank you Olive Lounge.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We visited on two occasions and both times we received excellent service and very good food. Typical Greek menu which won’t disappoint. Try it.

1  Thank YesChefThanksChef
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Overpriced, food very salty don't like criticism when told. The owner is full of theatrical jesters and is over the top, she is never wrong and can not take constructive criticism
when I told her my dish too salty, " My chefs are trained by me and don't make mistakes" I was told with a Theatrical bow and wave of the hands.
my be, but it was still over seasoned.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This is a cut above most of the other restaurants here, with the owner showing her attention to style, detail, quality and sheer friendliness of welcome. We came on a wet and almost cold night when the outdoors was closed, but the view and setting on a sunny day must be top rate. Starters were excellent. I think we ordered wrongly for mains, getting the two biggest steaks ever seen (due to being fed up with the same old routine in all of the other restaurants) - but whilst they appeared great at first, they didn't have anything like the quality you'd get with something like a florentine steak in Italy. Other diners mainly had fish, all of which looked very good indeed. So it's five stars for the sheer quality of the restaurant, for the welcome and service, and for the pleasure of dining here.

1  Thank hejmark