“Great Monday lunch - look out for the specials!”

The Black Horse Inn
Price range: USD 5 - USD 21
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Had lunch with a friend yesterday and very impressed by the Black Horse. A good bar menu and well kept beer - delicious! Do check the 'special deals' - we were there on a Monday and burgers were 2 for 1. What burgers they were - well prepared, well cooked and tastily presented - you won't need another meal that day! An excellent find - we must return and find out what the deals on other days are.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

My wife and I went to this pub/restaurant and found the food to be very poor. We ordered Chilli and Rice and Pie and Mash.

The Chilli and Rice came in a pool of water. It looked like they used boil in the bag rice and hadn't even drained it afterwards. We asked if they could drain away the water. We were asked if we wanted another meal but we declined as we were in a hurry. The rice was tasteless and we felt it was a complete waste of money. The Pie was a touch better but the meat inside the pie was burnt.

The barman who took the chilli away did not appear to be in the least concerned. However when the waitress returned it she was at least more sorry. This meal was listed on the menu as a Pub Classic!!!

We ordered fruit crumble for dessert but would only describe it as mediocre.

Suggest you try somewhere else to eat!

1  Thank niggwig
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I used to stay at this pub on a regular basis over 10 years ago and it was the first choice to try when visiting the area again, thankfully I wasn't disappointed. My wife and I and another married couple stayed in the converted stables with their natty new names, Kings and Magdalene respectively. The welcome was courteous and efficient, the room was fine, clean and tidy and plenty big enough with a spacious comfy bed. The shower was a bit tight to get into but that's as much my bulk as well as the narrow entry but something to be mindful of.

We used this as a base for our 2 day visit to the area and would highly recommend it as such or for shorter or longer stays. The pub itself is a friendly place and has a nice atmosphere.

Breakfasts were nicely cooked and tea, coffee and toast was plentiful if wanted, the evening meals were superb, well cooked and presented.

We would happily use the Black Horse again if in the area.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Visited pub today for the first time with two friends,had a fantastic meal and deserts served by Anna who was really switched on,very quick service for drinks and food,plenty of choice for my wife who is a vegetarian,will Be back in the near future

Reviewed 15 January 2017

A friendly village local - menu reflective of the usual type of fare - burgers, pies, fish & Chips etc. I chose the latter which was obviously freshly cooked and tasty. An excellent selection of cask ales complimented the food.