All reviews hotel is located cakes pharmacies cathedral breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The hotel is downtown Santa Cruz do Sul. it is perfectly located near the bustling center where you can find many pubs, bars and restaurants.
Rooms are very basic. I noticed that hotels in Brazil prefer hard floors instead of carpets which I found a bit unpleasant. Bring slippers with you as they are not available in the hotel.
Breakfast is excellent and hotel service very good. Still, be ready to face a non-English speaking staff and be patient as they will try very hard to find the solution (ask someone who speaks English to translate).
I stayed in a room which was facing the main street and it was very noisy. There is a park across the hotel where locals meet to enjoy their chimarrao late into the night. Window insulation is poor so if you need perfect silence to get into sleep, you may have a problem. Maybe rooms facing the backyard are less noisy so try to book one if possible...

Room tip: Rooms facing the main street are noisy. Try to avoid them
Date of stay: May 2017
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

2) Dear Sir,
We really appreciate your commentary and constructive criticism here. For us it was a pleasure to give you our services and know that you had a pleasant stay here.
About the breakfast, we are always improving it to give to our guests a better experience here in Santa Cruz do Sul.
Hope to see you here in your next business trip to Santa Cruz do Sul and also give you a better and improved service.
At your disposal,

Best Regards,

Charrua Hotel’ Staff.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

No complaints. Perfect location across the park and convenient to get around from here. Many restaurants and bars around which compensates the own bar and restaurant of the hotel. Rooms are ok, nothing good or too bad. Could be a little bigger however.

The breakfast I give three points, which is close or little below the standard. It is sufficient, but could do much better.

Date of stay: May 2017
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Dear Sir,
We really appreciate your commentary in TripAdvisor. For us it was a pleasure to give you our services and know that you had a pleasant stay here.
At your disposal,

Best Regards,
Charrua Hotel’ Staff.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Modern rooms, very well located, excellent breakfast, good service, well priced. However, my bed was quite uncomfortable (very hard!) and wi-fi works well only in certain areas of the hotel. Good air conditioning

Date of stay: March 2017
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Hello, O6563ZLnicolasd. Thank you for choosing the Charrua Hotel for your stay in Santa Cruz and for sharing your experience with us and with Tripadvisor users. I'm sorry to hear that your experience has not been satisfactory. We have already forwarded your suggestions to the responsible sector and we are working to improve our services. We look forward to welcoming you again and providing you with a positive experience. Sincerely, Charrua Hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, walking distance to the best bars, clubs and restaurants.
But the highlight for me was tge accomodating and veey friwndly staff. Hands down the best I've seen. Breakfast was delivered to my room at 5 during Ramadan, they have me extra extension cords, free luggage storage on weekend checkouts, hdmi cables - anything I asked!
They have a resraurant inside with a very nice place to sit and great food. But the room service is not 24 hours. The only but that hurts is the inadequacy of the gym.
Overall, during my 2 month stay I was delighted by their treatment.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Nice location. Convenient to walk to many locations (restaurants, bars, stores). Parking is underground and a little odd. Rooms are clean. Several waters were given gratis upon arrival (from the room bar). Breakfasts were included and very, very good. Lobby is small but comfortable. Flavored water and desserts were always available in the lobby. The wifi in the room is very slow.

Room tip: Room on the 4th floor was very quiet.
Date of stay: June 2016