All reviews hole courses detached villa upstairs bedroom eastern algarve spanish border days golf washer dryer balcony area snack bar family holiday fully equipped kitchen golf and country club driving range coffee machine cleaning service local town nice pool
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights here with my husband and our 7 month old son.
room was available when we arrived early and we were shown to our villa and the staff explained anything we would need to know.
pre booked a cot and highchair for the baby. cot was a bit worn and highchair was a bit grubby like you would see in an average restaurant but good enough.
place was clean enough overall but could have done with a bit more of a deep clean and freshen up for my liking.
only given a scourer and cloth so need to bring or buy all you household / cleaning supplies. eg i’d suggest bringin a few dishwasher tablets with you.
plenty sheets and towels etc.
balconys were well used, we ate outside each evening and it was lovely with the trees and birds.
local shop in the town had great food. we ate once for lunch at the golf club and it was decent.
went to the pool every day and we all enjoyed it. water was a bit cold so the baby couldnt play in it much, and was even a bit cold for me to swim but still enjoyable at he poolside.
enjoyed walking with the baby around the villas and up to the club.
drove easily to the local town, a few beaches and for a daytrip to spain.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

This place offers accomodation in detached villas. The size of villa is just spot on. Two bedrooms on two floors, a guest room with a fully equipped kitchen (incl washing machine), two bathrooms and one toilet... Thats what you get for a rather decent price, nice! :) There are also two terraces - one on the second floor with access from the bedroom and another one on the ground floor, plus a spot of green. Fantastic for a family with 2YO.
We ordered only once in the restaurant, really welcoming and serviceminded personell. What was really nice is that they provided coffee capsules and wine for lesser fee.
The kidsplayground was not much, the pool was cold for us, but we went for daily trips to the beaches.
The closest place Castro Marim is a tiny village with basic choice of services. The Corvo supermarked provides everything you need. They have also homemade food to buy which we used several times. Good quality food.
Trips to Vila Real and beaches is a must, only a quarter by car.
The place itself is bit away from the village, but this was rather an advantage for us - nature and millions of birds around!
P.S - No golf for us :)

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This was the second time I’d played Castro Marim, as it was booked as part of a four round package.
Sadly it was a similar experience to last time. When I arrived early for my tee off time, I was told I’d been bumped back by half an hour, which I subsequently found was due to a competition being played earlier in the day. There were at times three fours playing the same hole! Once they’d finished at the ninth, the course was pretty much clear, but it was a Painfully slow first nine holes!
The course generally wasn’t too bad, although the greens and fairways were patchy in places.
Don’t think I’ll be rushing back here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Don’t normally do reviews but have just returned from Casto Marim golf and country club. It’s our 4th year to stay. Three couples in a 3 bed 3 bath townhouse in the village complex. Nice house, plenty of outside space to soak in Portuguese sunshine. Challenging golf courses (3 9’s) well looked after by staff especially Peter O’Connor (Golf pro) great value restaurants nearby in Castro Marim, Monte Francisco & Vila Real de Santa António, great beaches nearby: car essential; one small complaint lunch in clubhouse has diss-improved, quality of ingredients not as good as earlier visits

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank fergal26
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Castro Marim twice in early May. On both occasions we were greeted like royalty and helped perfectly by the caddie master. We played all 3 courses and every one of them is a lovely as the last. Fairways were well kept, bunkers were PGA standard and greens were in peak condition. I visited 1 other course whilst on this trip and can honestly say that Castro Marim far surpasses the condition and welcome we received at Benamor. Once the round is over they offer food and drink at great value for what you get. If I had to recommend an 18, it would be the Guardiana and Atlantic. The 1st at the Guardiana is one of the nicest holes Ive ever played. All in all, 10/10 in every department.

Trip type: Travelled with friends