All reviews location is lovely the main house attending a wedding other guests cooked breakfast cabin newmarket granary
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Garden Lodge was perfect for our stay in Woodditton. The hosts Anna and Charles were very accommodating during our stay and also providing a fantastic complimentary breakfast. The lodge was a good size, with a large double bed, en-suite facilities and a well stocked mini bar with very reasonably priced drinks. The garden itself was also beautifully kept. The Garden Lodge was perfect for all our needs, and incredibly good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here 7 or 8 times over the last 10 years, the rooms are clean and cosy.

We always visit with our dogs and they always settle immediately.

Charles and Anna are always friendly and can't do enough for you if they are able to.

Breakfast is excellent, I rarely have a full cooked breakfast, (I stay away a lot with work so if I ate them all the time I'd be the size of a house), but I always have it here as it is superb!

The location is lovely and quiet, there's a good local pub and some great places nearby.

Excellent location for visiting Newmarket and the surrounding area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

We decided to book The garden lodge as they offer accomodation seperate from the main house, log cabin style lodges with decking outside and only 3 of them. Lovely! Check in was swift, we were greeted by the lovely lady owner who showed us to our little lodge in the garden (obviously). Inside there was a lovely comfortable bed. Small en suite with all you need. Tea and coffee making facilities. Mini fridge with little bottles of wine, cans of beer, fruit juices, soft drinks and milk. Loved that! They restocked the fridge daily or on request. (Yes we needed it restocked regularly :) Lovely quiet area, absolutely no noise during the night although we probably made more noise than was appropriate! In the morning you must take advantage of the incredible view from the decking, they have bird tables and feeders all around and beautiful little birds come to visit singing away. It really is lovely. Beyond the garden you can see countryside all around from your door. Perfect. Breakfast is served in the main house, we had given a time for ours and when we went in to eat, we were the only ones there which was nice. Lovely little dining room, the owners very friendly. The breakfast was top notch! All local produce, fresh eggs, famous newmarket sausages. Fresh juice, coffee and tea, grapefruit etc. Choice of cereals and toast with fresh, local spreads. The owners recommended the three blackbirds down the road for a meal, great choice. One of the nights we ordered a take away abd had it delivered to our cabin. You can have dinner in the main house of pre ordered and at an extra cost. Newmarket is just a short drive away if you are looking to go out for the evening for more than just a meal. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Garden Lodge and would return for sure. The hosts are lovely, the food is lovely, the location is lovely. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I recently made my third visit to Garden Lodge. The accommodation is very comfortable and peaceful; and the friendly, professional service is excellent. Breakfast was delicious. Charles and Anna also went out of their way to help me solve a car problem.
I definitely plan to return!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We have stayed here twice now. Both times when visiting the races which are both a short taxi ride away. Charles and Anne are lovely hosts and make you feel very welcome. The lodges are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is superb. I will definitely stay here again

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends