eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2016

The rooms are spacious and I asked for a kingsize bed. Airconditioning is a MUST in Magway and this hotel did not disappoint me.

They have private generator!!!! Clean and amenities are OK for a such a hotel standard and price you pay.

A swimming pool in case you want to try, I did not. And traditional massage in the basement (real massage not the fishy massage) and it was also reasonable and if you are on the car for more than 5 hours to reach Magway, that is a must.

A riverside restaurant is also the hotel owned and you may order Chinese before 10 pm from the hotel. I went to the restaurant and had dinner overlooking a nice evening river view.

Enjoy your stay!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
San May K, General Manager at Nan Htike Thu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Yaya G,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to welcome you again to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

I stay here for 2 nights. 26th and 27th of December 2015.
The good:
- Staff kind, but not so informed about the city or how to get a taxi.
- Clean towels.
- Balcony.
- Free water and coffee.
- The buffet was fine.
- It has swimming pool.
- Small shops around (Myanmar style) where you can get chips, drinks, cigars and cigarettes.
- It has WIFI, but it is so slow and it doesn't arrive to all the rooms.

The bad:
- They put a big carpet in each room (pinky colour), that attracts all the dust and gets dark because your shoes... or whatever, it distresses me every time I need to step on it.
- The bathroom was aceptable, but the basin didn't drain the water unless you make it manually.
- The bathroom also got a small flood (We don't know where it was coming from).
- The shower didn't have hot water, only a little bit warm. Actually thats the only remarkable bad point as in winter Magway is cold at night.

===
As usual there is a foreigner fee:
30 USD for foreigner (even if you are living in the country as me).
20 USD for local.
==

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
San May K, General Manager at Nan Htike Thu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear Victor W,

Thank you very much for the review. We are pleased to receive the feedback from you. It is extremely valuable to us. And we promise to you that we will try our best to improve the areas that is mentioned in your review. We would like to welcome you again to our hotel in the future.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

I have been to this city 3 times, stayed in 3 different hotel, and as my judgement this is best one in small city of Magway.
Good view to river side, also there is 1 good restaurant in front of hotel, beside the river.
Jogging along the river in early morning or sunset is quite good for me.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank VinhNguyen295
San May K, General Manager at Nan Htike Thu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Dear Vinh N,

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Very less crowded. I was in this hotel for two times and first one for 1 day, second for 2 days. It is located beside the river but the facilities of this are terrible. For lunch and dinner they take order from you then go to nearest hotel to bring your food. For breakfast no alternative option, everyday same kind of food. They charge me for one towel which they claim that it cannot be washable !!! But i don't think so. Point is how they approach to me is bad. It is not big deal to give less then 2 USD as I am paying near about 100 USD per night. So, think before you choose.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

The manager of the hotel is wonderful. She goes out of her way to accommodate guests. The hotel itself has slow wifi, but the manager helps guests connect as much as she can. She also has excellent English and is well-acquainted with the town. She is one of the most helpful people I have met during my two weeks in Myanmar.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Chelsea Z,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for your compliments.

How are you, Chelsea? Hope you are doing well and would like to welcome you again to Myanmar and to our hotel.