This is a fabulous place to unwind. We drove here from the airport in San Juan. Stayed 3 nights and it was a perfect place to relax, swim, eat really good food, explore the nearby dry forest (Guanica) and a side trip to Ponce. I understand that the beach area is now spoiled with sea grass, but we didn't come here to swim in the beach. We noticed that the resort has a family orientation for guests: lots of multi-generational families! If you're looking for loud night action, this isn't the place to go. The food at the restaurant was quite good, albeit a bit pricey as breakfast alone was $12 to $15 per person with coffee. One of the mornings featured an all you can eat breakfast buffet which was a far better value.We didn't take advantage of the boat trips and watersports activities since we had plans to bareboat charter our own sailing yacht to visit the Spanish Virgin Islands after our stay here. But, I would imagine that these options would be fun.
Our room was spacious with a balcony. The only negative was the in-room air conditioner. It made a racket, but after the first night, we kind of got used to it. Some of you may never make this adjustment, though. It could be a deal breaker.
The grounds are immaculate and the service was appropriate for the type of resort it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico
- Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Guanica