All reviews on the rocks jacuzzi sun rome terrace sea loungers style
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Sadly our first anniversary weekend was wasted at this hotel. And I rarely leave bad reviews but this is THE worst hotel we've ever stayed at given the price. We live in Italy and decided to venture to somewhere local rather than hopping to another country to celebrate. We splurged on a suite and the hotel property itself is pretty; a nice drive and we didn't have problems with parking. The bell man showed us around the property and guided us to our room. Our first room #206 had a gorgeous view, right on the water and a terrace with 2 sun chairs and a table. But there was nothing else exciting about the room. The hotel advertises free WIFI in the rooms but that's nonexistent. Not a huge deal but that's kind of a standard expected service when you pay a certain tier. The shower was musky; very poor pressure and a drippy shower head. The bathroom has dingy lighting which makes it difficult to apply makeup. The mirror was chipping/fading and the faucet was rusted. The most terrible part of the room though was the bedroom. The bed was very hard & bouncy, and the air conditioning unit is located right on top of the bed. Talk about killing the romance. We could NOT get a good temperature in the room with a constant draft blowing on us. The room would get too hot if we turned it off, and too cold if we left it on, despite setting it at a moderate temperature. We ended up going to the pull-out couch bed to try to get some sleep, and the living area doesn't even have an AC unit! So that initially felt nice because the room had gotten cold, but then it quickly became hot and stuffy, so went BACK to the bedroom…dealt with the same problem and then eventually moved back to the couch and eventually passed out. It was a miserable night. At this point I was so frustrated with the complete lack of sleep, substandard room, and went to the front desk. Side note – the hotel is completely inaccessible as far as disabilities. My husband and I are both fit and active and we still were tired from the many hills and steps. I told the front desk that we were completely unhappy and that this was not a room/hotel that warrants the price they’re charging. They said that they couldn’t do anything, and could only try to change room *if* there’s anything available. I called Orbitz and explained the situation and they were wonderful in calling the hotel to resolve the issues. The hotel offered us another room, room #2. This room was a major downgrade as far as the view, however, the air conditioning unit was mounted to the side of the wall from the floor. The room was larger and also had a separate AC unit in the main area. My husband and I, not wanting to lose half a grand, decided to stay and make the best of it. The first thing we did when we moved into the new room was sleep, the bed was much more comfortable in our second room. We decided to try the spa for our second day to unwind, we had the warm salt-water pool (thalassotherapy) and sauna included with our suite reservation; that was hardly what we’d call warm and my husband didn’t think it was salt water. I tried to go to the sauna afterwards but the lady at the front told me that I needed a reservation an hour prior! What a sad excuse of a spa. Fast forward to the evening time, we decided to stay in and order room service and I got the jacuzzi ready to go. Sounds lovely right? Well, first the phone in the room was crackling and hardly worked. And even though the restaurant opens at 8, they did not start room service until 9pm! We had no menu in our room and had to call for that. Then we repeatedly called the restaurant at 9 and nobody was picking up for over 10 minutes. We then called the front desk, they made us feel like we were inconveniencing them and told us that “the restaurant is busy” My husband snapped back and then the front desk said they’d send someone from the restaurant to our room. That of course never happened so we kept calling the restaurant and finally picked up. We got 2 steaks and 2 salads; they actually arrived fast but they only sent one steak….and one silverware set!! At this rate we are almost laughing because everything just keeps getting worse. I had the jacuzzi tub filled up and added my essential oils to the bath, and I then started the jets and couldn’t wait to get in…until I saw all sorts of debris flying out of the jets!!! By that time, we were both frustrated, tired and just went to bed and couldn’t wait to check out the next day. Breakfast is basic, I’ve stayed at cheaper hotels that have much nicer breakfasts. We hurried out the next day and can honestly say the highlight of the trip was the coastal drive back and forth from this pitiful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank latinarabian
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is tucked away in the rocks on the sea. The style feels that of a Greek island, with beautiful white washed walls and greenery. The pool and beach area are lovely, with a fantastic restaurant and bar. Good breakfast too.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saskia W
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We were there in the late September 2017 with our 4 year old daughter. Location and place was amazing and we really enjoyed our stay. Views and location by the sea makes this place magical. Even though Punta Rossa isn´t kind of first choice with kids, everything worked well and it´s very nice place with kids too. We really loved the place, food and views just to relax and enjoy. Maybe coffee machine in the room would be nice extra to have, but all an all we were happy with everything. Breakfast at the garden was very nice and lunch place near the pool. Dinner was also delicious and seafood was good. Great desserts and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

As Italian, I can tell you this is a quintessential Italian hotel.
It's all about enjoying sun, sea and food, and all of it at the best.
It is in the middle of nowhere, don't complain if you go without a car.
It is expensive, as all good hotellerie is in Italy.
The location is breathtaking, difficult to find in many other places in the civilised world.
Service friendly, yet not intrusive.
Food is just perfect, all with local recipes and local ingredients.
Few faults:
It is not a competitive price
It is not luxurious enough for the money spent, few examples:
You can't justify not having a coffee maker of some sort in the room and the minibar is ridiculously poor.
Breakfast is not international at all, a carbs festival and only few bits and not healthy options whatsoever
overall, it's great and I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace, you will feel like floating in the sea
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

The 2 big advantages of this hotel are the nice and big tropical garden and its tranquility. On the other hand you are at the end of a winding road which offers the only connection to San Felice Circeo and the rest of civilization. There you dind a nice old town, restaurants and sandy beaches while in Punta rossa you can access the sea only over rocks. The only pool is a salt water pool and there are no water sports activities offered. It would be nice to explore the rocky coast by canoe. The hotel does not offer any excursions even if you ask. A boat trip to the island if Ponza would be a nice idea. The hotel doesnt offer any evening entertainment. Never in 10 days a band was playing.
The lunch buffet looks good, but 45€ per person is too much. As a dinner buffet I would have appreciated it. The "spa" does not offer any hamam or sps, just a little pool and massage, manicure etc. The parking of your car is difficult on the steep road to the hotel entrance.
We end with a big plus : The people are very friendly.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple