“Huge, delicious meals”

George's Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Burwood
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We love eating at George's. The meals are delicious and the serving portions are huge. We rarely finish a meal and get to take some home for the next day. The service is prompt and friendly, and the menu broad. One of the two best restaurants in Burwood (the other is Sydney Dumpling King).

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The quality of food at this cafe wouldn't seem out of place on an aeroplane. The burger left my stomach feeling a little unsettled and my girlfriend didn't like her ravioli. Four of us wanted shisha and we were told that we couldn't share one between us all and that we would have to buy two. Being unfamiliar with shisha we really just wanted to try it and consequently lots of it went to waste and it ended up costing us more than it should have done. Much better options else where in Burwood.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Extremely rude service. Waiter was purposely rude for no apparent reason. Even if he wasn't rude, I would still give a rating of 2 out of 5 because the food was below average and the price is above average.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Staying in Burwood on business and found George's Cafe so I chose to dine al-fresco as there were gas heaters to keep it warm.
I ordered Atlantic Salmon with lemon butter sauce and crisp veggies; while waiting, many diners were in bliss smoking optional hookahs- not really my scene but when the food arrived- wow! Awesome! It was beautiful! A decent sized piece of Salmon and beautiful crisp veggies; 3 corn cobettes , potatoes, beans and the beautiful lemon butter sauce! Wow! Medium price but worth every cent. $40 including a soft drink including public holiday surcharge. Yes, I'd come back!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I ordered Chicken Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce and Chips which was so yummy and melts in your mouth.

They have refreshing fresh juices and their dessert is to die for.

A place I would go back to eat and try other foods on their menu.