Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
AU$93
chatthefoodie
Bangkok, Thailand

Relaxing stay at a resort near Bangkok

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2018via mobile
Our family’s New Year’s eve stay at Buddy Oriental Riverside in quaint Nonthaburi was the short break we all needed. The hotel is a charming place designed like an early 20th-century Thai wood mansion with beautiful wood paneling and tile floors. Located on the Chao Phraya Riverbank, this is a great place to watch the world move slowly by as you take in the amazing sunset.
Our rooms were lovingly appointed with nice details. The mattress and pillows were super comfortable. The rooms are not overly decorated yet have an understated colonial elegance that just inspires relaxation.
The service here is good enough for a provincial accommodation with friendly staff. This is primarily a function hotel with events, seminars and weddings but also ideal for quick getaways, a cool change of pace from busy Bangkok. So people working and coming here seem more laid back than the frenetic hotels of the capital.
Overall, Buddy Oriental Riverside finds the right balance between a resort in the city but giving it a faraway enough feel that you forget you’re near one.
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 12 Jan 2019
Dear Chat the Foodie,

Sawasdee kap!! Greeting from the Buddy Orienetal Riverside, Bangkok.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your opinion through Trip advisor community.

May we end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you here and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

• Vio.com
    AU$94
7.4 km from Kalanan Riverside Resort
View more hotels in Nonthaburi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

I booking hotel because my friend wedding in the morning at hotel.

It s look like come to wedding party of my friend and used time for my holiday.

This hotel very so long and don’t easy to go there but you can drive car or take taxi and then go MRT purple line @ Soon Ladchakan station.

This hotel provides wedding couple for small wedding and out of city and don’t see who come to relax and swimming and here.
Because have many event wedding all day.

I book river views room . It’s very big room @ 32 sqm and very clean room.

Breakfast is normal for this hotel. I like pad Thai menu at this hotel coz big shrimp.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lily_ii
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Kalanan Riverside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Dear Lily_ii,

Our sincerest thanks for taking the time to write an on-line review for the Buddy Riverside. Our Management Team take great care in reading and reacting to helpful reviews such as yours.

Your compliments of the hotel are very well received and make us proud to have had the opportunity to welcome you here as a guest.

We also really appreciate your recommendations to all future travelers to consider staying at our idyllic riverside hotel.

We hope that you will have the chance to visit us again soon and we thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Peaceful location by the river, hotel clean, pool looked good but so many facilities not used including pool bar, Italian restaurant, terrace restaurant even the spa was shut for two days, obviously cost cutting and not a good sign for the future. Feel slightly isolated and trying to get a taxi is a nightmare at times.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Kalanan Riverside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Simon Clayson,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and for pointing out areas where we need to improve our communication and service.

We certainly value your comments and will take a look at how we can improve and make things simpler.

Hopefully, we can welcome you back to experience this improvement.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Overall I rate this venue 2 stars. For the actual wedding, I rate it 5 stars. As a hotel, I rate it very lowly. Hence, the average of 2 stars. In summary:

Perfect for a wedding venue. However, do not stay there as a hotel, as many of our guests had problems with the hotel staff. From my understanding, the wedding/event team is separate from the hotel staff which explains my experience with them. We had our wedding here on the 2nd December, 2017.

As a wedding venue:

1. Wedding/events team is superb. We worked with Kun Ped who was very professional and made sure our every need was catered for or addressed.

2. Wedding went almost flawlessly. Venue is perfect for a wedding. I recommend the Garden area as it was set up very majestically for a wedding. Decorations, music, attention to detail, and food were on point. Bravo!

3. The morning (traditional Thai) ceremony was excellent. Again, decorations and the MC were on point.

4. Only improvement required would be that the bar in the Garden is made visible to guests. Guests were served drinks, but the bar was "hidden" behind some bushes so many guests were unaware that they could have approached and retrieved their own drink. This issue can be easily fixed if the bride/groom are aware of it before hand and ensure that their MC announces this to guests.

5. Be sure to do your own head count of guests. We had empty chairs at our wedding, yet one of the staff members (a hotel staff) claims that we had more guests than seats and wanted to (of course) overcharge us. This is a complete fabrication as our pictures on the night show we had more seats than guests (we over budgeted of course. We had about 10-15 free seats). The majority of our guests flew from overseas. Kun Ped was not at the wedding, but was reasonable in coming to a settlement. But this left a bad taste in our mouth. Again, I emphasis that this claim was made by the hotel staff.

As I said earlier, this venue is perfect for a wedding! Do contact Kun Ped and have your dream wedding at Buddy's :)

As a Hotel:

1. The hotel staff left my mum (70 years old) waiting at the airport for 2 hours. They had agreed on a distinct meeting point and just did not show up for 2 hours (I suspect they forgot and only made the trip after my sister called and reminded them). No apology from the hotel staff. This led to a stressful situation for my Mum who was a first time traveler to Thailand and already naturally an anxious person.

2. Charging my guests for supposedly complementary items, such as the "complementary" bottled water in the rooms. There is a sign in all rooms that says the bottled water is complementary. Yet many (if not all) of my guests were whacked with these charges upon check out.

3. Hotel trying to charge for a (supposedly) missing remote control. My bestman had a heated argument about the TV remote control when checking out. Finally, he was required to escort the front desk lady to the room, and lo and behold (!!) the remote control was on the floor next to the bed. Again, no apology given.

4. Some of my guests got their ironing done by the hotel. The laundry service returned the clothes with a different (plastic) hangar. Hotel staff (upon check out) tried to charge my guests for their missing (metal) clothes hangars (even though they had been replaced by their own laundry service).

5. My cousin needed help catching a taxi late at night. Hotel staff were not at all helpful. I took a peek across his desk as he was telling my cousin "no can do" and he actually had a computer game running.

Hotel looks nice. Rooms are above average. But hotel staff are very much below standard. Rude, unhelpful, irresponsible and unapologetic.

Have your wedding at Buddy. But make sure your guests stay elsewhere as their stay at Buddy will likely ruin their experience. I recommend staying in Bangkok city and travelling in and out for the wedding (perhaps organising a minibus. But don't organise this with Buddy).

Room tip: Have your dream wedding here. But do not stay here as a hotel guest. Hotel staff are terrible.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave T
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Kalanan Riverside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Dave T,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of the Buddy Oriental Riverside at Pakkred and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We deeply regret the circumstances that led to your dissatisfaction, and hope that you would accept our most sincere apologies. We have taken the time to share and discuss your constructive feedback with all the concerned departments and I am pleased to let you know that we are already conducting the necessary training to ensure we maintain our own high standards, and prevent recurrences of similar situations.

We are grateful that you decided to write and bring this to our attention because as much as it hurts to realize that we failed on such a basic aspect of our service, you are giving us the opportunity to fix it by making us aware of this isolated however regretful incident.

We wish to thank you and your guests for choosing our hotel for your Wedding Celebration earlier this year and on behalf of all our staff we hope you have had a memorable holiday in Thailand.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We prebooked this hotel to stay there twice during our holiday this summer..between travels...First time was in a standard room with door facing the main pool..The room was nice and clean. A month later or so we stayed in the room with private pool which is set slightly off the main building . Again room nice and clean. The private pool is a good size...We liked the location of the hotel as our main focus was to stay out of Bangkok during that time..I wouldn't pick this hotel if you are intending to spend time in Bangkok as a little out of the way...to us, it is a bonus point for some peace before flying out of Bangkok. The breakfast is very nice...the breakfast room is light ..very very nice..I loved relaxing with coffee just outside facing the river...I think that was my prefered place to spend time. Being so isolated, realistically you are eating in the restaurant at the hotel...there is one there (potentially two but didnt see that open)
I would consider returning next year but I will check with the hotel first on two points...The wifi worked sometimes in our room which we need...it was up and down..perhaps due to the location of the second room we had , but the main question would be...is the bar now open at the pool? There is a bar there , but not stocked with anything or staff...so relaxing at the pool and not being able to have a drink was not great...yes, I guess you could walk into reception or the restaurant and order something..but that means coming in with wet clothes or changing to order a drink...No staff at either pool so I would say currently this service is not available...The staff at the massage / spa area are lovely...my children absolutely loved the massage and time spent there with the ladies..thank you

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Kalanan Riverside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Family Joy,

We appreciate your gratitude.

Thank you for your kind words about our services and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Went there for a night out of the noise and stress of Bangkok, this resort was exactly what I was looking for. Atmosphere was very relaxing and we got a room with river view which was just stunning. Service was attentive and friendly, the room spacious and clean. The have 2 swimming pool, one of them by the river, The restaurant was nice and affordable with even live music. We tried spa, also good. Thank you Khun Mali.

Giancarlo

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Kalanan Riverside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Giancarlo S,

We would like to extend our warmest thanks to both of you for choosing to stay at the Buddy Oriental Pakkred.

At the Buddy Group we understand the value of good customer service and we are prepared to go the extra mile to try and help out valued guests. We really appreciate you mentioning that this was evident during your last stay.