“Fab :)”
other travellers have booked this property
Front view
Side View Back View With Outbuilding housing washing machine, dryer, storage space and two bicycles
Check Availability
Bedroom 2 with two 3/4 size beds
Views
Kitchen
Some Friendly Neighbours
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Explore77...
“Fab :)”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Cosy and comfortable, well equipped traditional cottage in an accessible yet very peaceful location.
Plenty of storage for bikes, wet suits etc, plenty of outside space, close to the beach but within easy reach of amenities.
Highlights of the week were swimming with the seals in Loch Aineort, cycling around Barra and climbing Beinn Mhor. Also enjoyed listening to the corncrakes, talking to the Highland cows, eating plenty of cake and dancing on the beach.
Easy to book, approachable and helpful while we were out there, couldn't ask for more!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
13 Dec 2016
Thank you for your review and the tip for swimming with seals in Loch Aineort.
Much appreciated !
Iain
Devontayl...
Devon, United Kingdom
“Paradise...found!”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The Cozy Thatched cottage is just that...and beyond! It has all the modern conveniences one could want, yet still maintains an intimate, hideaway feel. From bike rides, to BBQ, to long walks on the beach ...we couldn't have asked for more.,,,or enjoyed ourselves more. The beds were heaven and linens first class. WiFi fast. Angus could not have been more helpful or FUN! Always there if we needed him...but never intrusive. In fact, when we didn't see him during our week long stay...We sought him out to share a dram or a story. Fishing, exploring biking, hiking...Everything was at our doorstep. We traveled with lifelong friends and all SIX of us agreed this was the perfect setting for a holiday to remember and repeat.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything...But Angus was the cherry on top.
Liked least: having to leave.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers People with pets
Dear Devontaylors,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review for us. We greatly appreciate it.
Babsfw
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cosy highland retreat, welcoming and peaceful with wonderful scenery”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We booked for a week's family holiday with three young children and two dogs. The cottage is very well equipped, and beautifully finished and furnished, with everything you could possibly need. The hosts are superbly helpful and welcoming. The island is beautiful, with lots of beautiful beaches to explore and some nice places to eat and drink. Would highly recommend this for a restful highland break.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Home from home, cosy, comfortable, relaxing and in a beautiful situation
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
21 Aug 2016
Thank you very much for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to wrtite one for us.
Janet L
“Beautifully appointed and sympathetically restored black house in a fabulous location”
Reviewed 29 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Absolutely loved our stay in this 2 bedroomed cottage.
It is furnished to a high standard but still feels homely and welcoming when returning from the long days spent exploring the Uists and Outer Hebrides.
The bathroom, ensuite, and kitchen were very well appointed and able to cope with a group of four adults and 1 dog.
The beds and bedding made for a comfortable nights sleep.
It is well located. Only a short walk across farm tracks to a lovely beach.
There was a welcome pack on arrival which is always a plus including fresh bread, butter, milk, coffee, and other goodies.
The bonus was the lovely owners Angus and Morag who were on hand to offer help and advice if needed but never invaded our personal space.
On arrival to South Uist, Angus very kindly met us off the ferry at Lochboisdale and we were able to follow him to the cottage after which, we very quickly orientated ourselves to the new surroundings and location of the cottage.
We were able to borrow a couple of hybrid bikes to cycle to another nearby beach. We also had use of the sun loungers - yes I did say sun loungers that were kept in the out house.
The out-house is as magnificent as the main house and is well equipped with washer, tumble dryer etc.
We plan to keep on returning to this little piece of heaven.

Travelling group: Extended Family
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Dear Janet and George,
Thank you for your lovely comments, they are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Sabine D
“A must for everyone who wants to live and breathe Scotland in a very luxurious and cosy home!”
Reviewed 25 June 2016 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

A must for everyone who wants to live and breathe Scotland in a very luxurious and cosy home! Welcomed as a dear guest, and leaving as a friend by the best and most helpful hos in the world. I have never been so well looked after in my life and even on my journey back home (which I could not have mastered without Anguses help) I was welcomed to their house!

I decided to go to the outer Hebrides during the winter months, as to say from December till March, and very lucky I was to have chosen Mhic Cealaig!! It was a particular stormy and cold winter, at least so I was told, but due to the perfectly built cottages I never felt any cold at all. There was no draft through the windows nor any noise from the storms to be heard. Always cosy and warm no matter what happened outside.
I booked the cottage because I was tires of life and my place in it, and I thought it would take me at least 3 months to recharge my batteries. Well I was wrong! Thanks to the wonderful care of Angus and Morag, and their very warm welcome, my batteries were fully recharged after the very first week there, which made the rest of my stay much better than I would have ever imagined.
I had everything one could ask for. I had little adventures which made my blood boil. I was eye to eye with the most exciting wild life, such as huge stags in the mountains, rabbits where ever I looked, seals in the ocean which would curiously follow every step I made, sheep of course, lots of them, all sorts of cattle, geese chatting about and other bird I have never seen before and most astonishing I was blessed to see a golden eagle up close, actually closer than I would have liked as I was walking my dogs at the time.
I experienced the wildest weather outside while I was savely in the cosyness of the cottage. I was spoiled with the most amazing colours produced by the gentle sunlight shining on the soft hills and fields. I witnessed a musical session with a fantastic pipe player and a big crowd stamping the rythem with their feed. All in all, I loved every second of my stay and I hope everyone who is as lucky as I was in finding this cottage will feel the same about it.
Downside: I was confronted with so much luxury and tasteful interiors, that I will feel like living in a dump as soon as I come back home.
I took a lot of kitchen supply with me as I did not know what I would find there but at the end of the day I could have left it all at home because Morag took care of everything needed in a kitchen.
Endresult: Best Holiday/Resort ever! Very best host one could ever find!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: That I could not stay there for the rest of my life
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Jul 2016
Dear Sabine,
Thank you so much for your very generous and kind review. We appreciate it very much.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing