This cottage is perfect!! The location is brilliant - so much to do and so many beautiful places to visit - its a great base for exploring this area of Wales.
The cottage has everything you could need - myself, my husband and our two sons (aged 6 years and 3 years) have just returned from a 7 night break at the cottage and it had everything and more we could've possibly needed for a relaxing holiday.
The cottage is cosy, comfortable, spotlessly clean and is in a lovely, quiet area.
The cottage has a great selection of DVDs / board games and books.
The living room is so cosy and comfortable, and the perfect spot to relax and unwind in after a busy day exploring. The kitchen has everything you could need - we had most of our evening meals at the cottage and we cooked everything from pasta to a Sunday roast with no problems! The bathroom is spotless and there is always plenty of hot water for showers etc. All 3 bedrooms are very cosy and comfortable - the main bedroom in particular has a very large, comfy bed.
Worthwhile places to visit whilst staying at the cottage include:
- A drive over to Beaumaris on Anglesey.
- Foel Farm Park which is a great day out, especially for young children (the HUGE bouncy pillow is great fun!! and the animals are incredibly cute!)
- South Stack lighthouse on Angelsey.
- Trearddur Bay / Beach on Angelsey and a spot of lunch at The Black Seal Restaurant.
- Conwy town - lots of beautiful independent shops, lots of cafes and a beautiful little harbour to do a spot of crabbing in. And a walk around the castle walls is a must - the views from so high up are breathtaking!!
- Llandudno - for British seaside fun, arcade games, a walk along the pier, lots of cafes (we can highly recommend The Lemon Tree cafe - great staff, delicious food, yummy hot chocolates and a really cute little cafe) and a beautiful beach to play on.
- Aber Falls - beautiful waterfalls, the walk for the waterfalls is approx 2 and 3/4 miles and is easy under foot (suitable for prams/pushchairs) - both our boys are very good, keen walkers and they managed it no problems. Absolutely stunning views and scenery, lots of nice spots for a picnic and lots of lovely rock pools to play in once you reach the waterfalls.
The owners of the cottage are brilliant - really helpful, friendly and communication has always been great!
We would definitely recommend this cottage to anyone looking to visit this area of Wales - you wont be disappointed!! We already cant wait to book our next visit!!!
A beautiful cottage in a delightful setting. The views and surrounding countryside are breathtaking and the location is very quiet for a peaceful break away from it all. Recommend the slate mines for a visit and also surf snowdonia for the more active visitor (especially for teenagers!).
This enchanting cottage is the perfect base for exploring North Wales. Comfy yet spacious with stunning scenery and great walks close by, this lovely cottage has everything you need for a great holiday.
Would not hesitate in recommending to others.
This is a beautiful cottage, in a lovely quiet area with amazing views. A great location for the gentle walker with some walks on your doorstep and the more serious walker, although I would say that a car was essential particularly if you want to get to Snowdon, Anglesey etc. The cottage is surprisingly spacious, very clean, has an amazing fireplace, good kitchen and dining area if you want to cook and everything you need for a family or group of friends including a large porch to put those wet boots and walking clothes in. You won't go wrong with this one.
We stayed in this cottage as we were doing a charity walk up Mount Snowdon and the location was perfect. The cottage is in a quiet village that has a very welcoming pub. The scenery is breath taking and the walks nearby are a must. The cottage is spacious with a welcoming family feel to it and would be suitable for all ages.